England 

Hiya Matthieup

if he,s struggling get him to call me he,s got my number Whistle

Geoff

Post #73503221st Dec 2010 12:14 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

There was actually a support thread already running on our forum from the MSV-2 owner, and my staff were already on it big style.

We not only pulled the vehicles "As built" data, but actually used the IDS to prog up a new instrument pack with it to ensure the MSV-2 was not mis interpreting the original data. It was not.

We have of course also supplied this to the customer etc.

Post #73527421st Dec 2010 6:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RMB

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

BBS SPY

I had the same, fuse pull worked once, then the FBH WENT TO LOCK OUT.

The good news for me is my Faltmate FCR arrived today, cleared the fault codes and like magic it came to life... Blew a lot of smoke the first couple of times & the lockout reoccurred, just had to clear the faults again. If it goes to lockout 3 times, it will not try to start until the fault codes have been removed. So its the dealer or a fauiltmate. FCR

Just had to let you know.
Might be a lowly Faultmate FCR but its a great piece of kit. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Rab
 B-A-S Remap Interface giving me control over my remap  
Post #73530121st Dec 2010 7:50 pm
dick dastardly

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

msv2 d4 remap possible ? can't see it clearly on the bbs site accessories.
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #73546822nd Dec 2010 12:16 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Rab

It is a stunning little bit of kit ain't it.
I gather like everyone else who got one, you also wish you got one ages ago now. Rolling with laughter

It's all done AFAIK DD
D4 EMS flashing is part of Version 1.29 that was released to the chosen Beta testers a week or so back for testing. It is likely to be generally released just after the Christmas break if all goes well.

Post #73551822nd Dec 2010 8:43 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RMB

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

BBS SPY

Eeh English please Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I just know you can repair things by pressing 3 buttons. Thumbs Up Whistle

You are right, I do wish I got one a while ago. Great bit of kit. Thumbs Up

tHANKS rAB
 B-A-S Remap Interface giving me control over my remap  
Post #73552422nd Dec 2010 8:53 am
matthieup

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 3

[quote="BBS SPY"]There was actually a support thread already running on our forum from the MSV-2 owner, and my staff were already on it big style.

We not only pulled the vehicles "As built" data, but actually used the IDS to prog up a new instrument pack with it to ensure the MSV-2 was not mis interpreting the original data. It was not.

We have of course also supplied this to the customer etc.[/quote]

Thans BBS for the support. Indeed we did receive your mail withthe As built data (unfortuantely after he was gone so i'm faultmate less for now).
Btu we did manage to fix the issue by looking at the settings by hand. The main one was that the car was 'read' as a manual but it is an automatic. Therfore everything linked to the transmission, including hdc, park break, low range was confused.
Also it didn't pick up that i had centre and rear diff lock or pdc or cruise control...
But all good now, and BBS gave us very speedy support

Post #73553422nd Dec 2010 9:24 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Good news there Thumbs Up . Bet you had a few 5pence-50pence, 5pence-50pence moments on the old sphinterometer when you thought you had yourself a 3t paperweight.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #73553722nd Dec 2010 9:28 am
matthieup

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 3

you can sy that again... especially as I only had it for a week...

Post #73553922nd Dec 2010 9:30 am
Marc98

Monaco 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hello,

I am sorry to bring this topic out but I do not want to open a new threat and I could not find a more appropriate topic to bring my question:
I am reading that wiggs (perhaps others too) can upgrade the car softwares with the latest versions. Is that something that comes inside the faultmate or is this something that comes from somewhere else?

I am just trying to understand what is inside the faultmate before buying one...

Also, does someone know or is somebody with a multi-license coming to the French Riviera?

Thank you for your advices!!

Post #92229319th Apr 2012 7:18 am
Disco555

Germany 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Hello everyone,

my father and I are working with the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme at the moment due to some errors with our D3. The initial problem seems to be fixed now, we had some problems with the door locks and tried to find those. However, Faultmate told us there are many other minor errors, we think those are related to other incidents in the past, i.e. battery liquids making their way into the electric stuff etc.

We now would like to delete all those to clean up the protocoll and make it easier to find possible new issues in future, however there is the question if there are certain risks attached to it.

The errors that occured are several tested and untested ones, some of those mistakes are, due to the faultmate, seven years old, the D3 however is only six years old.

Sincerely,

Mike

Post #9376491st Jun 2012 12:07 pm
Bob M

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Bali BlueDiscovery 3

Hi,
Hope this thread is still active, my first post so still finding my way round.
I have just bought a D3 and am looking to buy a Faultmate nano I think, but am confused by some detail.
Some queries if I may.
Could I register both my D3 and my friends in the nano I believe it can register up to 3 vehicles.
I want personal use but for 2 set vehicles.
If I buy the single vehicle kit, what extra licence or module do I need for the second D3.
I understand the fault codes and enabling but in the programming section can I download and write
the raw ECU maps and write them.
for instance could I read and save the original maps, then replace them if I had it chipped.
I have experience of developing ECU maps from projects at work, with access to development software and may wish to use it in the future.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob

Post #127285221st Apr 2014 11:12 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Bob

Well it is an old thread, but non the less i am here to help and happy to answer your many quite detailed questions and clear up any confusion Thumbs Up

Regards Multiple Vehicles in SV mode:

Yes you are correct in that the same faultmate MSV-2 Extreme or Nano can be used for up to three different vehicles in SV mode.
After purchasing the SV122 Kit which includes one MP012 Licence you you would need to purchase an additional MP012 Licence for the second D3.

Regards Programming and Re Mapping / Custom Re Mapping:
You can download all variants of current LR flash files from our web site and write them into the relevent ECU's including the EMS ECU.
However this is a one way process as there is no ability to read the flash data from any ECU and save it with one exception.
The MSV-2 supports the programming of custom EMS Remaps provided by BAS via BBS, when loaded on the MSV-2 server this then provides the aditional ability to read and save the EMS flash contents on the server, which can be written back if desired, thus giving the MSV-2 owner the ability to toggle between any Orgional data, the pre existing data or the BAS data as desired.

I hope this explains things sufficiently for you Bob but if you have any more questions i would be happy to help Thumbs Up

Warmest Regards

Colin

Post #127293121st Apr 2014 3:59 pm
Bob M

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Bali BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Colin,
Thanks for the fast response. Shame about the custom mapping I should have access to some pretty fancy engine simulation software, which I think has a model for the TD v6 as an example.
I may be interested in playing with the EGR system and mapping in the future.
However we get just about everything else.
I found your site via the forum but could not find a contact page hence my post here.
I will take another look at your site and hopefully order soon.
Am I correct that the Nano is functionally identical to the extreme without the internal display.
I prefer the laptop as human interface.
Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Bob

Post #127307021st Apr 2014 8:49 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Bob

Our Blackbox Solutions web sites home page lists all the e-mail addresses we can be contacted on for all aspects and in addition this forum provides a by post, as this is, or a by PM ability to contact me as the owner of BBS or Karpouzi as my number one which is also pretty unheard of and unique.

I fear you mis understand the difference between the Faultmate MSV-2 Extreme V Faultmate MSV-2 Nano. Both are identical in that they provide an interface between a laptop/PC and the vehicle, however the Extreme has an additonal capability in also providing an additional stand alone capability for reading and clearing fault codes without a PC/Laptop.

Given that the cost difference is so little, most go for the Extreme.

i hope this helps

colin

Post #127397823rd Apr 2014 7:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 21 of 22 <123 ... 202122>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >