DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

FBH Not Firing Up.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
FBH Not Firing Up.

And so it starts.....

Last couple of days when it has been really cold I have been getting a message on the centre screen that says "timed heat not available check fuel level or battery". As I don't have this feature I have been bemused, but carried on.

This morning, however, it was -6C and after starting the car and getting the message I realised that the FBH hadn't started up and the car took ages to get even slightly warm and the climate despite being set to 26 wasn't doing anything at all.

Drove about six miles and then thought I would have a look at the FBH. Car was ignition off for about twenty minutes and was pretty cold again. Re-Started the engine and the FBH didn't fire up. Pulled the connector for the power (the two wire one) and put it back and the FBH fired up immediately.

Been started three times from cold since and no message and and the heater starts.

My feeling is that this related to the threshold that the low battery warning/shut down is set at. Five minutes with ignition off and the side lights on is enough to initiate the low battery message and the radio or TV shuts down after less than 10 minutes.

Checked my battery connections and they were tight (despite the guy on the assembly line not having any tools to tighten them Whistle )

Any thoughts anyone.......???
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #56756519th Dec 2009 7:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thriftwood

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

hi
Almost sounds like you have the same problem that several of us have had with the low battery warning. The LRA guy who came to start my D4 after the battery went completely flat said that the FBH took loads of current (he mentioned ~60!! amps) Not sure if this figure is right but it may just be the battery being low that is preventing your FBH from starting.
There is another thread http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic40779.html which explains how some folks have resolved this although it does not appear to have worked for all. I am still waiting for mine to pop up the dreaded low battery message again.
Richard
ps I don't suppose you have an ipod or it's associated lead plugged in all the time?

Post #56758919th Dec 2009 8:18 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Nope, no IPod.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #56759619th Dec 2009 8:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thriftwood

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Censored bang goes my theory then Confused
Seriously though, if you are getting the low battery message at all regularly, I would get it back to the garage and ask them to check it out before it lets you down (like mine did) Especially with the current (no pun intended Whistle ) weather.
Richard

Post #56760019th Dec 2009 8:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >