Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

FBH - its that time of year to ask!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dannyson

England 
FBH - its that time of year to ask!

Just a quick question - I have had my MY16 HSE from new and noticed the 'Climate Control' feature appearing on the screen from time to time - (when changing the clock time- mainly Embarassed ) maybe trying to encourage me to do something with it? But reluctant to have a look and mess things up - seeing how 'sensitive' the D4 appears electronically to me... Rolling Eyes

Living in Cornwall I've not had cause to examine this feature (and as the 'operations manual' appears generic - I've not bothered with it}.... is the FBH something I could programme/enable without all the nonsense of having to 'enable it' with some sort of programmer? - I did notice some years ago, when it got a bit chilly, some 'smoke' coming from the engine. Thanks for any comments!
 2016MY Discovery HSE - Black
2009MY Toyota Land Cruiser (Lc4) - Black 

Post #209609329th Oct 2019 11:42 pm
Fitzy73

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

The FBH will automatically work when starting the car, if the temperature is below a certain level (can’t remember what though, 6 or 7 perhaps), as it helps to warm the engine and that probably accounts for the smoke you had seen previously.

The settings allow you to set a departure time, if for example every day you leave the house at 7:00 then you can have it come on (subject to it being cold enough, I believe?) to warm the engine. I certainly find in mine it makes a noticeable difference when mine has been running prior to leaving, noticeably warming the cabin as well. You can also set single departure times if leaving early/in the cold is more of a one off event.

I must admit I have never used the screen option to set mine, but fitted the remote option as I find that easier to just press a button to get it going, as and when needed.

Hopefully someone with greater knowledge will be along with more details, but I find it amazing one of the best features with the remote option!
 Andy

Post #209610730th Oct 2019 6:15 am
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

One of the best features in the car. Really worth exploring, especially this time of year.

There are options you can fit to make it more flexible. LR remote kit, Altox etc. Thumbs Up

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #209612830th Oct 2019 8:22 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >