Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

FBH VW Purchased
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mpiggy1

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
FBH VW Purchased

Can these be converted I think I may have made the wrong purchase and been ripped off a bit with a pump assumed to be working but has blown up inside by the looks of it.

I can’t find any help anywhere as some have said the vow Touran 1k0815065af are vehicle specific locked software.

I’m in a bit of a rush as I’m converting a transit van to run my landlady about the country who is 102 so all help will be much appreciated.

I’ve cleaned the burner out checked things and they seem in order minus the 9006333d or u4849 which pumps 500l/h pump required any alternatives or will this effect the software on pcb. I’m lost.
It’s a 42w Thermo top v sw2302. 22/12/06
I managed to buy a dp42 pump as per online ad-lib instruction manual for Touran.
Got a few electrical connectors coming. There were 3 cables going to pins4 5 7. I understand 5 is diesel pump positive and the others can low/hi.
Will I need a can bus adapter or not doable.

Cheers

?

Post #23385483rd Jun 2023 10:47 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Most members here, especially newbie’s/firsttimers use to say hello/hi to start with.

A short introduction can even be made in a specific, say hello topic

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/welcome-dis...ight=Hello

But hey..

Hi, Welcome!

Ps. Landy Webasto Thermotops are wired / pin out is different than Webasto’s from VW… their software is different also.
If you need help for a VW models ThermoTop V you need to look for help on a VW forum i am afraid..
Maybe someone there knows a workaround to get it working, normally they need a VW car to work.
And don’t work in another car or stand alone.. as the VW/Webasto checks for a VW signal at start-up..
As said.. the VW people can tell you if yours can be fooled and how..

Cheers
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #23385504th Jun 2023 12:18 am
Mpiggy1

Thermo top V

Sorry everyone I didn’t introduce myself in a manner befitting my apologies to you all.

Hello

I’m thinking I’m going to need to buy a land rover thermo top v and will have to wear the wasted cost of £90 for the one that won’t ever work as was in a vow Touran and £50 for a water pump sent out with the fbh unit that had gone wrong previously £30 for a diesel pump. £160 for a gsm based w-bus but I guess I can use this in a new thermo top. I couldn’t get any help anywhere with just wanting to have a warmer engine. 🤣

My money is running thin so need to make some sensible decisions this time. If I explain I’m a live in carer for a 102 year old lady and was planning to roll around the country a bit with her before the inevitable as she has dementia and just wanted to have a few extras onboard the vehicle should I need them.

Anyone who could help us in getting something that will work I’d really appreciate it, either buy one that will work or direct me to where I can get one.

Thanks Mark

Post #23386925th Jun 2023 11:48 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Even a Landrover one in a transit is not a good idea as you still need a £50+ module to turn it on.

Infact said £50 module may work for the Vw one. Available on eBay from Europe

Post #23386966th Jun 2023 7:05 am
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Thermo top V

Mpiggy1 wrote:
just wanting to have a warmer engine. 🤣

Why?

If you need more cabin warmth… buy a air heater, instead of a water heater…

Works engine independent and can work all day long…

As long as you do not sleep in the van, a chines knock-off will do and is cheap as chips..

I have seen demonstrations of them on youtube, for sale on amazon and likewise..
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #23386996th Jun 2023 7:31 am
Mpiggy1

FBH Brilliant

Thanks but I have a chines knock-off installed which is great.

I'm doing some cold weather holidays really.

Positives, the Disco3 FBH TTV turned up and works a treat, thanks all for you help. Also got the Diagnostics kit which i am running the FBH as a stand alone kit to go in my van.

Problem, so have arrived a GSM W-BUS Controller see pics. The device turns up in a poorly package envelope not bubble wrapped no instruction just in a plastic bag. now the real fun starts as i request the files required to install device and the guy sends me a file though ebay site where i access the file.
I extract and am given an instruction sheet 1 page as pic and another file for the app, I open the file up on my computer and its a load of gobbldy goop. What I didn’t realise is it’s has be downloaded to an android phone so that’s costing a bit more but expected. This guy is not to helping to start with but now he is and I feel a bit guilty as I’ve had to edit my words here this morning as the app is fantastic but will keep you posted on how I get on today as running it on a test bench as see if it actually all works.
Atleast he good old landy has saved the day atleast the TTV works a treat and the adjustments in the diagnostics software really easy to adjust things. The neighbour came around as there was so much smoke he thought the house alight. A little calibration work and my trusty old thermal imager and she was clear of smoke in minutes, thanks to god because i was starting to choke a bit.
Keep you posted and Thanks for listening and hopefully bearing with my usual unfortunate situation Big Cry

Post #233999120th Jun 2023 10:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >