Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

FBH Woes, any help appreciated.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
cradgebank

2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
FBH Woes, any help appreciated.

Got a 2010 D4 that the FBH refuses to work.

Not showing any fault codes, can run a service test using my IID Tool and it gives a successful test result ( although the unit never fires).

If I use the IID and prime the unit then run the service test, the unit fires up, although appears to smoke rather excessively.

The car has a hand held remote, when this is tried, the car vent fan comes on but nothing happens with the FBH.

The car also has Timed Climate, this has been tested multiple times and nothing happens (correct temperatures / fuel levels etc).

The Timed Climate also from time to time "Greys" out with no logical explanation ?.

Discussed with Patrick at GAP and have updated the BCM but not making any progress.

I suspected the FBH Fuel pump but by the fact when I use the service prime the pump is running.

I have ordered a FBH Diagnostic lead off of Martin but unsure if that will show any more information than the IID Tool.

Post #21190326th Feb 2020 9:01 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

You said, it smokes a lot when it is starting up with the IID tool

The most common issue AFTER low voltage of your battery (schould be at least 12,7 V) is cloaking inside the burner and specific the glow plug/flame keeper..
This happens when it runs 3 times shorter than 10minutes... general rule for keeping a healthy FBH is let it run every time it runs for 20 or more...

So you can try to top up your battery keep the charger connected and start it with the IID tool en let it run for at least half an hour..
Blowers out, lights out,, just your FBH ....

May be it is fully functional again afterwards..

Start stop is the worst you can do to a FBH..

What we (installed and use to sell them for 10 years, no longer in that business although) used to do to every car we have with the FBH wired as a auxiliary heater, make a switch in the temp sensor wire, so you can disconnect it when making planned short runs in -7 degrees periods...

Since I am rather new to the D3/D4 models, don’t know yet if that can be don easily on these models..
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #21190676th Feb 2020 11:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >