Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

FBH won't run from Webasto software
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Sly666

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I have just bought a genuine land rover Telestart kit from Bodsey.
If this thing won't fire it properly I'll know it's the heater at fault.

Post #187247726th Oct 2017 7:27 am
Surfup03

United Kingdom 

You need to find out if it has to be cold mate even with the remote I'm starting to think it does. I'm sure my heater only works when it's cold mate.

Post #187252126th Oct 2017 9:00 am
Jubbly

United Kingdom 

great news Thumbs Up
 Jaguar I-Pace HSE imminent.
Gone HSE with Flappy Paddles. IID BT tool. RLD Spare Protector, Altox GPS.

Post #187252326th Oct 2017 9:08 am
Sly666

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Try this with your iid tool....

Service and test menu...body control...change battery

Then try to run the fbh again.

Post #187253126th Oct 2017 9:25 am
daviesto

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

OK so I received and fitted the CAN wires that Martin sent and connected it back up to the FBH. Start diagnostics and connects OK with FBH and get live reading of supply voltage, temperature and flame detector. Click Park Heating....and nothing...no fans, no firing, nothing.... Banging Head Banging Head .

Ironically the FBH is behaving better than ever and no faults for some time, so the pressing need to use diagnostics has gone, but I would like to get this sorted as ultimately I suspect it has not permanently cured the problem.

I did notice that the temperature was high, about 45 degrees, since the FBH had fired on timer that morning. Did anyone confirm whether the CAN disables FBH burn once over a certain temperature? I'll try it at the weekend from cold to eliminate that as a source. I'll also double check the wiring.

Any other ideas?

Post #18767077th Nov 2017 1:08 pm
daviesto

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

OK so a bit of an update on this topic. The FBH in my MY12 has been misbehaving for nearly 2 1/2 years of the 3 years I owned the car. The symptoms were that the FBH would run, but continually restart, and then eventually would lock out with an over-temperature fault. I purchased the shop loom to attempt to diagnose it and couldn't get the FBH to run from that loom (the CAN wire update described in this thread seems to have fixed that problem for some but I haven't been able to verify that on my own setup yet).

Anyway, in the process of checking the CAN wire update I cleared the existing heater lock-out and then noticed over subsequent days that the FBH faults had magically disappeared. It's now been a few weeks and the FBH fires faultlessly on both timer and when the ambient temperature is low.

So knowing that most faults don't magically correct themselves, I joined some dots and realised that the introduction of the original problem 2 1/2 years ago and the subsequent magical repair BOTH coincided with replacement of the coolant expansion bottle Neutral

Let me explain more: 2 1/2 years ago I got a low coolant warning which turned out to be a saturated float in the bottle and I therefore replaced the bottle with the associated level sensor. I never realised at the time but this almost certainly coincided with the introduction of the FBH fault. The low coolant level returned a few weeks ago (again a float problem) so I replaced the bottle for a second time. Cue magically fixed FBH.

I don't know enough about the wiring in that area but I can only guess that the coolant sensor and the FBH communicate over the same piece of car loom and a suspect sensor in the coolant bottle was confusing the car over the FBH status.

Either way I'm totally happy that its all working again and just posting this in case anyone else ever comes across the same symptoms. Thumbs Up

Post #188401127th Nov 2017 11:47 am
HowardO

Norway 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

Got my loom today, and having a struggle!
Got it all set up, tried all the different webastosoftwares, but no luck. Upon selecting parkheat, nothing happens. Can test all components alone.
Advice? 2010 D4
Edit: when connecting the yellow and white cabel i get to start the interior fan..
to my understanding thoose should only be in use for 2012 onwards?

Post #20244131st Feb 2019 5:55 pm
Grantw

England 

I'm in the same situation Howard.

I don't have enough posts yet to PM ... so Simon if you read this could you please PM me on how to download the v3 of the webasto software?

Thanks

Post #20263587th Feb 2019 2:23 pm
stevebez

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

daviesto wrote:
OK so a bit of an update on this topic. The FBH in my MY12 has been misbehaving for nearly 2 1/2 years of the 3 years I owned the car. The symptoms were that the FBH would run, but continually restart, and then eventually would lock out with an over-temperature fault. I purchased the shop loom to attempt to diagnose it and couldn't get the FBH to run from that loom (the CAN wire update described in this thread seems to have fixed that problem for some but I haven't been able to verify that on my own setup yet).

Anyway, in the process of checking the CAN wire update I cleared the existing heater lock-out and then noticed over subsequent days that the FBH faults had magically disappeared. It's now been a few weeks and the FBH fires faultlessly on both timer and when the ambient temperature is low.

So knowing that most faults don't magically correct themselves, I joined some dots and realised that the introduction of the original problem 2 1/2 years ago and the subsequent magical repair BOTH coincided with replacement of the coolant expansion bottle Neutral

Let me explain more: 2 1/2 years ago I got a low coolant warning which turned out to be a saturated float in the bottle and I therefore replaced the bottle with the associated level sensor. I never realised at the time but this almost certainly coincided with the introduction of the FBH fault. The low coolant level returned a few weeks ago (again a float problem) so I replaced the bottle for a second time. Cue magically fixed FBH.

I don't know enough about the wiring in that area but I can only guess that the coolant sensor and the FBH communicate over the same piece of car loom and a suspect sensor in the coolant bottle was confusing the car over the FBH status.

Either way I'm totally happy that its all working again and just posting this in case anyone else ever comes across the same symptoms. Thumbs Up

That's quite bizarre. My FBH has had a wobble since I replaced my water tank... Must be something too this? Perhaps the water jacket in the FBH needs bleeding?

Post #22285386th May 2021 9:08 am
stevebez

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

So got the cable harness from the link with the OBD USB adaptor and the bespoke interface connector.

I really struggled to get the heater to turn on... but some how managed to pass a Park Heating signal and bang it came to life. So I let it run for ~10mins to try and clear whatever may have been causing the non start issue. There were zero faults. I presume this is done with the car ignition fully off / or on?

Fabulous all seemed to be running fine although I was getting exhaust fumes in the engine bay - seems the ribbed section had a leak right by the unit / clamp. Noted this for tightening up later as well as some crimp holes in the canister which I plugged up with some gun gum. I assume fumes from the unit in engine bay is not to be expected or accepted.

So tried to get her to run again .. and no chance ... nada .. nothing. Interior fans would not even turn on. Individual component tests all ran fine though. My thought was it needed time to cool down before it can be commissioned again so will try again tomorrow - despite it being rather lovely out today.

Any thoughts on the exhaust leak I was getting and getting the unit to start again? Perhaps it needs a decent service.

Thanks in advance!

Post #22292669th May 2021 7:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >