FBHIC3 - runs then stops
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
neff

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
FBHIC3 - runs then stops

Evening all!

I’ve already had a search for answers but no luck Sad

I have an FBHIC3 controller fitted that has worked seamlessly up until the weekend - but now when I txt the box to start the heater (or have it set to come on at a set time) it runs for about a minute and then I get a message back to say it has stopped.

Plugged the FBH into the webasto test software this evening and started it up first time, happily running for 5 to 10 minuets with no faults.

Plugged everything back together on the car and left it for a bit (while I changed my side light bulbs...) and sent the on command to the FBHIC3 - it made all the right noises but then sent back the FBH: Off message.

Anyone else had this or any suggestions of why it runs fine using the test software but refuses to run for longer than a minute or so on then FBHIC3 commands?

Cheers!

Post #190607224th Jan 2018 7:35 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I've recently had something very similar. I use a Webasto Oval Timer and remote switch to fire the FBH and it too was running for around 60 secs, then shutting down but ran fine when connected to the software.
The solution was to fire it up and force air into the FBH as per this thread: https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/i-fixed-webasto-fbh-105563.html. It took multiple attempts,
it first ran for 60secs, then 3 mins ( with loads of smoke ), then a little longer with less smoke and now runs perfectly but it was forcing air into the thing that sorted mine.
Have a go, I used a can of compressed air and it worked great. Thumbs Up
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Last edited by Narpy on 24th Jan 2018 8:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #190609324th Jan 2018 8:19 pm
neff

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Update....

(why does this always seem to happen.... I post on a forum for help and manage to fix it myself somehow while waiting on responses!)

So... having tried various things I read about on here and the damned thing running fine when not controlled by the FBHIC3 controller I decided that the fault must lie in the controller.

Reading the BAS thread on the controller I spotted there was a new feature mentioned, downloaded a new copy of the commands pdf and now I see a factory reset command...

Fired off the factory reset command (RF), treated the controller as a new one... sent the on command and voila... the thing lives longer than 60 seconds... it’s now been running for just under 15 minutes so hopefully that seems to be working.

Yay!

Post #190610324th Jan 2018 8:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >