Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Feedback from owners of new D3 (by new I mean build recently
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Desarzens

Switzerland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4
Feedback from owners of new D3 (by new I mean build recently

I am in the process of changing my "old" 2004 TD5 HSE and seriously considering to order (next month) a TDV6 HSE auto 7 seats with a few options (sat nav, sunroof, adaptative headlights, front PDC, etc).

I have to admit that I am a bit worried about all the reports on reliability issues, even so it seems that recent models are much less affected than the first ones.

So I would be please to get your feedback, advices, comments…

Cheers to everyone

Post #2923823rd Nov 2005 9:58 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Although not 'new' my car has given me trouble free use since early Jan of this year. The odd minor problem but no show stoppers at all.

I think your seeing a slightly skewed view of the problems the D3 is having as we are so vocal about them and to be honest we are a very small section of the overall D3 ownership WW. And even from our members its not all who have issues.

-s

Post #2924023rd Nov 2005 10:02 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

My advice is..... Go for it Thumbs Up
Reliability is always an issue with any new model, mine is an 06MY HSE and apart from one issue that was quickly resolved and didn't prevent me driving it, has been - and still is, brilliant Very Happy
Have a look at the members galleries to see just what the Disco 3 can do Wink

Post #2924223rd Nov 2005 10:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 
Re: Feedback from owners of new D3 (by new I mean build rece

Desarzens wrote:
I am in the process of changing my "old" 2004 TD5 HSE and seriously considering to order (next month) a TDV6 HSE auto 7 seats with a few options (sat nav, sunroof, adaptative headlights, front PDC, etc).

I have to admit that I am a bit worried about all the reports on reliability issues, even so it seems that recent models are much less affected than the first ones.

So I would be please to get your feedback, advices, comments…

Cheers to everyone

Warm welcome Desarzens, most of the niggles are simply that many dealers initially were not too sure of the vehicle. LR have embarked on a massive technician training scheme and the vital point I think is a good dealer relationship and a very good technician. If you have that, you will be fine. Very Happy

Post #2924323rd Nov 2005 10:08 am
Pelyma

England 

I'm almost 20K miles in from January and the car has done off road, in town and motorway driving on a regular basis. The only issue I have had was a compressor that went 10,000 miles ago. No problems (touch wood) since.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #2924423rd Nov 2005 10:08 am
Desarzens

Many thanks for your msg.

Does anyone have the adaptative lights installed? I was told it's not functioning well.. when the car is moving! Shocked

Maybe I should skip this option?

Post #2924623rd Nov 2005 10:24 am
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

My personal view is that the 05 model has had its niggles and when it’s your vehicle with the niggles you understandably get both angry and annoyed (I include myself here) and often vent your spleen across forums such as this.

Forums do highlight the problems because they are good talking points and the saying of ‘a problem shared is a problem halved’ is quite comforting. These problems or niggles do tend to raise their heads above the many fantastic qualities of the vehicle, and it is a fantastic vehicle! 8) A look across the many threads here will more than support this and a scan of the gallery will hint at what the vehicle is REALLY capable of. Shocked

I have had my fair share of problems with an early 05 model, which was rejected, but I was happy to replace it with the same, for all the positive reasons you’ll find on this forum. Few cars elicit the sort of smile and feeling you get from sitting behind the wheel of the Discovery 3 short of spending limb-removing sums of money (and they certainly can’t do the mucky off-road stuff).

I like my Discovery 3, I like it a lot. I suspect you will too! Wink
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #2924923rd Nov 2005 10:53 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

Desarzens wrote:
Many thanks for your msg.

Does anyone have the adaptative lights installed? I was told it's not functioning well.. when the car is moving! Shocked

Maybe I should skip this option?
mine work fine, they are programed to 'adapt' more at lower speeds - although you can still see them working at motorway speeds and the halogen 'fill-in' lights also only operate when turning / indicating at lower speeds (>30mph)  
Post #2925123rd Nov 2005 10:59 am
Mossy

Love my 'Adaptives'. Great at night on the country lanes - probably not that obvious on motorway driving - the little start-up dance does it for me though and always draws a few looks when I start off. I'd have them just for that - evrything else is just a bonus!
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #2925323rd Nov 2005 11:02 am
Desarzens

Since you are so nicely answering my questions I will bother you with a few more! Wink

Namely:

For the recent owners, any issues with the pneumatic suspension? Saw reports of suspension going down to access level on the highway!

Colours! I love the Java black, but was told that it requires extra care because very sensitive to scratches... any experience?

Thanks again for your kindness

Post #2926123rd Nov 2005 11:40 am
Mossy

Black was a colour I thoight about, but whilst it looks great when clean and polished, it does show the dirt... when... well, dirty.

I went silver instead and everyone else says oit still shows the dirt.... but not as much.

Suspension problems - I think they have finally gotten on top of this; a combination of technical upgrades, quality improvements and new suppliers (s). After 5 compressors, I certainly have this view.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #2926223rd Nov 2005 11:46 am
10forcash

Desarzens wrote:
For the recent owners, any issues with the pneumatic suspension? Saw reports of suspension going down to access level on the highway!
Yep, happened to me, due to a multiplug water ingress issue (now fixed) the 'bongs' were more worrying than the suspension lowering, which happened quite slowly, no issues with 'controllability' at 70+ Wink although I could feel the undulations in the road more. It's a known fault with a reasonably quick fix, although mine's an 06MY, the ones being built now have this issue 'engineered out'.... apparently  
Post #2926623rd Nov 2005 12:19 pm
Kellogs

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Hi Desarzens

I know this isnt my thread, but I have just ordered an TDV6 HSE for March delivery. I had the same reservations about reliability having studied this forum for some weeks. I am really encoraged by the answers given by other members and can't wait until March. Very Happy

Post #2927523rd Nov 2005 12:42 pm
Mossy

Part of ownership is having a story to tell... March will come, you'll have a big smile and we look forwward to a few stories from you too
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #2927823rd Nov 2005 12:47 pm
Desarzens

Thanks to everyone for the feedback Laughing

On Friday, I will be able to test drive a TDV6 HSE auto fully loaded for 24 hours. Quite likely that I will order one on Saturday!

Post #2929223rd Nov 2005 1:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >