Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Finally ordered my D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
CarlW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Finally ordered my D3

Hi all,

I’ve been browsing this excellent site for months but only now do I feel entitled to join as I ordered Very Happy a TDV6 HSE yesterday, it’s in stock ( I actually sat in it) but I’m not collecting it until 17 Sep due to waiting for the ‘55’ registration and a holiday in early Sept.

The problems that continue to be discussed on the site have been a little worrying but most of you seem happy overall with the D3 and I’m hoping that it’s a relatively small proportion of the vehicles that are affected. I had problems with a 2002 TD5 that my dealer failed to fix (but they tried hard and were always helpful) and they eventually did me a good deal on an 2003 TD5 to resolve my problem. So I’m hopeful that even if I do encounter problems they’ll be dealt with.

I ended up with a choice between an 06 SE or an 05 HSE, I wanted auto, a full size spare (meant the SE would have been a ~12-week order! or £450 for the spare as an accessory!) and metallic paint, so the price difference came down to ~£2300 and I went for the black HSE which they had in their compound.

I’ve just one question Confused at this stage, the car I’ve ordered has the PTI installed and I need to select a cradle. How many cradles are there to choose from and are they specific to a particular phone or do they cover a range of phones? My wife has a Nokia 6230 which is listed as compatible and I have an (old) 6310i which I like and is compatible but my software version is too old according to the LR bulletin, so I guess I probably need a new phone. If I select a cradle compatible with my wife’s 6230 do I have to also have a 6230 or will there be a range of Nokia’s I can choose from to fit the same cradle?

Waiting patiently (?) for 17 Sept.

Post #103137th Aug 2005 9:26 am
photothames

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

First of all welcome to the site. I am sure you will enjoy your D3 when you get it.

If you follow this link to a previous post you will see the list of supported phones and cradles, which should answer your question.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.ph...radle#8900
 Andy - 2006 HSE TDV6  
Post #103147th Aug 2005 10:16 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Carl,

The 6230 cradle (CR-3) will accept a number of Pop-Port compatible Nokia phones. The 6230 will work fine. Your 6310i should also work fine in Bluetooth mode, but note the limited functionality.

The 6230i doesn't work at the moment. My view is that this is Nokia phone issue, and not related to the cradle, as there are other problems the 6230i has with Nokia car kits. I opted to change my 6310i for a 6230. If the 6230i comes good, I will change next year.

John

Post #103157th Aug 2005 10:31 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Welcome Carl, congratulations on fine choice of vehicle Very Happy

Yes there are issues with the D3 as there are with any new brand new model but we're hopefully all doing our little bit towards getting them resolved. Who knows, perhaps someone from LR with the power to get issues fixed is reading eveything we type (well maybe not everything Razz ) Question
It's a magnificent car and I'm sure you'll have noticed from our enthusiasm for the D3 we all love it to bits issues or not Very Happy

Si

PS. To all the rest of you 'Guests': You don't have to wait until you've got or ordered your D3 to sign up and join in, if everyone did that we wouldn't have Martin our web master or characters like 10fc on here (there again, maybe.... Twisted Evil )
 The End  
Post #103447th Aug 2005 10:31 pm
CarlW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Thanks for comments, looks like a new phone is in order.

I think the next 6-weeks are going to pass very slowly.

Post #103527th Aug 2005 10:49 pm
newtolr

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I ordered my new Disco 3 in June and have had to wait for the new car until sometime mid September, it's been a long time coming and can't wait.

I keep checking the order, wonder if i ordered the right colour, should i have put the DVD player in (very expensive) oh and i keep browsing the catalogue i have.

One thing for sure is that I have been told the dealer will get the car on August 24th. I also have no idea if its an '05 or '06 model, have no idea how you tell.

My wife has come to the conclusion i am very sad.

Post #105158th Aug 2005 8:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DrLex

Iceland 

newtolr wrote:
I ordered my new Disco 3 in June and have had to wait for the new car until sometime mid September, it's been a long time coming and can't wait.

I keep checking the order, wonder if i ordered the right colour, should i have put the DVD player in (very expensive) oh and i keep browsing the catalogue i have.

One thing for sure is that I have been told the dealer will get the car on August 24th. I also have no idea if its an '05 or '06 model, have no idea how you tell.

My wife has come to the conclusion i am very sad.

I must have got lucky - ordered Saturday and was available at the dealers a week later - don't think I could have waited that long.

It's my belief that the LR DVD system is way overpriced and blocks much of the rear-view mirror use. I bought a plug in job with 2 strap-on screens for £125 instead and put the money saved towards a new double horse box (yeah, not that exciting).
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #105208th Aug 2005 9:00 pm
CarlW

newtolr wrote:
I also have no idea if its an '05 or '06 model, have no idea how you tell.

My experience on Sat is that there are some eqipment changes, I think that on all 06 models the full size spare is a £120 option, and the 06 HSE gets rear AirCon and PTI as standard. Not sure of changes to other models though.

My dealer told me that there are very few if any 06 models with a full size spare at present and a special order would take ~12 weeks.

Post #105588th Aug 2005 10:04 pm
grommet

United States 

Remember, the DVD is not a factory integrated install... so it's not something you need to decide on when ordering. Install it anytime you want... years later if you wish. Anyway, you can do lower-price/better with a 3rd party install.

Also, any modern build will be 2006 now. Nothing really new other than package tweaks... which, of course, will vary depending on country/market.

Post #105608th Aug 2005 10:05 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
are we a bit mad then?

Hi Carl,

I'm in a similar boat to you but have to wait the full 12-14 wks as I was all picky about the spec! seems I have to wait until October for mine, having ordered late June... I was tempted by an HSE but the week I went in to the dealer the spec went up and so did the list by £2k, so went for the SE + gadgets as I prefer the manual anyway.

my dealer experience is all good, as yours having had a DII on a 52 plate for the past 3 years with the standard LR build 'features',(there was a period of time when my SIII leaked less oil) so obviously on first name terms with most of the service staff! When I told my boss I was going to buy a new one he put some effort into convincing me I should get a 5 tourer instead! puzzled looks when I tried to explain the BM 'was just a car'...

on the 'phone front, as I'm sure you're aware there's a pdf on the LR ws which lists the phones and I noticed the other day they've already added an update to it, now where's that calendar....

M

Post #108629th Aug 2005 11:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

I first saw the car that I wanted in Aug 2003, ordered one in June 2004, saw one in the flesh July 2004 and got it Jan 2005 Shocked
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1089010th Aug 2005 8:26 am
CarlW

Pelyma,
All I can say is you must have more patience than I have!

Blue meanie,
I was having the same thoughts, aiming at the SE as a result of the HSE spec & price increasing due to the addition of bits I don't want, but the offer an 05 build HSE with everthing I would like, in stock, reasonable part-x etc was too good to pass by. On the phone front I'm working on getting my employer to provide a 6230 but would have preferred to stick with my old, very robust, 6310i.
 Disco 4 Landmark
Mercedes Benz SLK CDi
BMW 335D Touring
Defender XS SW 2010 - gone
TDV8 2008 RRS - gone
Disco 3 HSE 2005 - gone
BMW R1150GS 

Post #1100210th Aug 2005 10:39 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Carl,

If you are content with use of a phone on a Bluetooth connection (no charging or external aerial), then the 6310i will work just fine. If you want the full integration, the 6230 is the sensible way forward.

Post #1100410th Aug 2005 10:48 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
phones again...

all,

I believe that the nokia business phone replacement for the 6310i is the 6021 so I would imagine that in a short time this would be supported by the pti and the one to go for maybe?

M

Post #1121811th Aug 2005 10:44 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Shame they don't support SE phones... else I'd spend some money with LR and have the kit fitted Smile

-s

Post #1122811th Aug 2005 10:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >