Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Firmware reflash failed.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I have been informed by GAP that SatNav on the move will not work on my car until they release new firmware Crying or Very sad must say customer support at GAP is unbeatable and when the minor bugs have been sorted with the infancy of this tool and the additional firmware is released this tool will a unrivalled world beater.
Christian at GAP was even prepared to access my car remotely over the net with my laptop hooked up to the Iid tool to solve my problem, and this was at 7.00 Sat evening, but it was not necessary as he solved the issue without it Bow down Bow down Bow down
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #11405246th Aug 2013 8:48 am
H16UUP

United Kingdom 

Great to hear. I plan to do the Hitachi to AMK compressor software update tonight, after the CTEK MXS25 arrives today.

I'll report back on how I get on Thumbs Up

Post #11405286th Aug 2013 8:55 am
ChrisD3

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Glade to hear you've got it sorted m3dpo

I am also very impressed with gap I managed to mess my flash update right up. Big Cry

I managed to sort it in the end Bearing in mind this was a Sunday they still responded to my emails with offers of support and solutions

GAP tell me they will be revising the instruction for a step by step guide on updating the ecus so you know what to expect to happen.so you don't spend 20mins watching the message "wait for completion msg & keep tool connected <+>" when you should have pushed the + button to go to the next step. Really obvious once you know

They tell me they are also going to update the tool to give clearer instruction when reflashing

Thanks gap Thumbs Up
 2005 D3 SE Auto  
Post #11405696th Aug 2013 12:00 pm
H16UUP

United Kingdom 

Brilliant tool the IID. Just used it to update suspension compressor software to AMK version. Worked like a charm!

Used a CTEK MXS25 to do it properly. Mahoosive charger. Size of a flippin' house brick! Laughing

Post #11407766th Aug 2013 8:52 pm
nunocosta

Portugal 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

I did an update in my D3 recently with iid tool, since then has appeared these messages from low coolant level,
any advice ?

Post #11408196th Aug 2013 9:37 pm
H16UUP

United Kingdom 

Not related to the update? Did your coolant message appear immediately afterwards?

Post #11408296th Aug 2013 9:55 pm
anglefire

England 

Not uncommon - I mentioned in this thread http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic87389.html

Need a new expansion bottle - something like £40.
 Mark.
2006, D3 SE Auto - gone but not forgotten.
2014 BMW 530d M Sport Tourer.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Post #11408496th Aug 2013 10:14 pm
nunocosta

before the update had no message
is a message intermittent, when the car is cold not appear when the car reaches normal temperature will appear a few times and then turns off, and so on.

Post #11408516th Aug 2013 10:15 pm
ChrisD3

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I had the same issue with the low coolant message when updating the instrument pack so reverted back to the old version
And now it's gone

Also am I right in thinking people are updating the suspension to amk firmware even though it was originally hitachi and does anyone know the benifit of this update.

Chris
 2005 D3 SE Auto  
Post #11409337th Aug 2013 8:01 am
maplecottage

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Nunocosta - Common 'fault' caused by the new software you have loaded.

It can be rectified by either restoring the previous software or replacing the coolant bottle with the updated version.

Strange that you asked the same questions in a previous thread and got the same answers Whistle

Thumbs Up

Post #11409447th Aug 2013 8:59 am
nunocosta

I understand then that there is a problem with the tanke expansion, and had already before the new update, the the old version could not detect this problem, is it not?

Post #11409517th Aug 2013 9:13 am
StornowayStu

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

I believe there are different "streams" of the compressor software, one for the older Hitachi and one for the AMK. They aren't supposed to be cross compatible as I believe that some of the sensor values like temperature are read in different fashions. Although I ran my AMK on the last Hitachi fw for a couple of days until I could get the right firmware flash I have no idea what might happen the other way around. I did read anecdotal stories of the inappropriate firmware causing the rear end to raise to off road or extended height and giving you a Land Rover Carlos Fandango edition Rolling with laughter

Post #11410797th Aug 2013 2:39 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Addendum to user manual from GAP for flashing ECU's.

Use

When entering this menu, the list of ECU’s that can be updated will be displayed. The menu is naviga­ted up and down with the Speed + / Menu up and Speed - / Menu down buttons.
Depending on the ECU selected, you may have more than one software option. Select the correct one for the vehicle and application.

Notes: When the following symbol is displayed <+>, the IIDTool will continue the current process after the Speed + / Menu up button is pressed. You can exit the function anytime by pressing the On- Off / Back button.

When updating ECU software’s, the IIDTool will prompt you with instructions to follow:

-If your engine is running, the following message will be displayed: «Engine running. Turn OFF engine turn ignition ON».
-Warning messages will be displayed, press the Speed + / Menu to continue.
-The IIDTool will require the user to confirm the requested task. For example « Suspension Write? <+> Yes <-> No » Press the Speed + / Menu up to confirm or Speed - / Menu down to cancel.
-The message «Wait for completion message and keep IIDTool connected <+>» will now be displayed. Press the Speed + / Menu up to continue.
-The IIDTool will verify that the voltage is higher than 11.5 V. If not, the operation will be aborted.
-If the voltage is correct, the message «Flashing started» will be displayed and the instrument cluster will turn OFF. The IIDTool LED will start flashing. Do not disconnect the IIDTool or do anything else with the vehicle.
-The instrument cluster will come back ON and the following message asking to cycle the ignition will be displayed «Turn key OFF then back ON - Once done push resume button».
-The «clearing fault» and «upload success <+>» messages will appear, press the Speed + / Menu up button to quit.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #11420679th Aug 2013 10:29 pm
H16UUP

United Kingdom 

Nice one M3DPO.

Just downloaded the updated user guide Thumbs Up

Post #11420769th Aug 2013 10:49 pm
jfazzie_tdv6

2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I wish I had read this topic before... this morning I tried to update the BCM to allow the soft touch indicator and the car is now immobilised with nothing working.

The car was on a ctek above 12v all through the update.

Even though it was a Saturday I did get a quick reply from GAP, but it seems they send out the same emails to everyone and I followed all their recommendations to no avail

I got a friend to come over with his Autologic/LR Diagnostics and both units won't speak to the BCM, his recommendation was that I need a new BCM, but hopefully GAP can help me resolve it I nearly cried when I heard how long LR are at sending through new units.

Post #114234410th Aug 2013 8:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >