DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

First 1000 Miles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Woolmeister

Ukraine 
First 1000 Miles

Hi all,

Just thought I'd pop-up and say hello after lurking on here for the last month or so.

I took delivery of my new Zermatt Silver D3 TDV6 Manual S on the 27th March and am just coming up to my first 1000 miles in it. It's great and it's nothing like my old Firefox Red '91 Tdi with leaky sunroof and wonky springs! Very Happy

In the end we bought it from Stratstone in Stockton on Tees who did us - what I think - was a pretty good deal on one of three 2006 MY S specs they had left. Was pleased to find an S as I think it's a much better spec than the newer XS. Cheers to Derek Austen at Stratstone in Stockton for sorting us out with a car over the phone. I've picked-up that Stratstone are not that popular on here but I cannot fault the service I received from them despite living nearly 300 miles away (Micheldever, Hampshire).

To be fair, Lancaster in Reading were also really helpful in the weeks leading up to the purchase; lending us their demo HSE for the day and letting me test drive various models.

To date, we've had no problems at all with the car other than some slightly rough paintwork on the upper, visible surfaces of the rear door shuts. The service manager at Webbers in Basingstoke had a look at it and said that it looked like over-spray and they would have a go at polishing it out with some cutting compound. If that didn't work, they would take some photographs and send them to LR to see what they say about it. We're averaging around 29mpg at the moment although I suspect everything is still quite tight. Anyway, I'm not bovvered, I get a fuel card so diesel only costs me 41 pence in the pound! Whistle

If ever any of you are getting tyres from the famous Micheldever Tyres, come and say hello. We only live on the other side of the railway line!

We're taking it over to France in May and up to Scotland in August. It is a joy to drive. I could sit behind the wheel all day and not tire of it.

Easily the best car I've ever owned.

Stevo

Post #14864616th Apr 2007 4:40 pm
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hello there Stevo, welcome

I shall keep my eyes open, I seem to be at Micheldever Tyres place every other week at the moment Whistle

Thumbs Up
S
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #14864916th Apr 2007 4:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Welcome to the mad house Woolmeister! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #14865116th Apr 2007 4:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >