Thumbs Up

Downside!:

Click image to enlarge
 2011 - 2015: 3 x FL2
2015 - 2017: 2 x D4
2017 to date: FFRR SDV8
2023 to date: FL2 as a second car

2021 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200
2022 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200 & sidecar!
(One of only two known to exist in the world!) 

Post #189483028th Dec 2017 6:43 pm
Ray Clayton

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Nice one !!

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Regards
Ray

Post #189484128th Dec 2017 7:05 pm
alfamale

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

alfamale wrote:
The payment issue was something else that concerned me tbh. Let's face it, most of us would pay for a £700-£900 suspension bill using a credit card. If these warranty companies don't reimburse you within 30 days, will they cover the interest too???? I doubt it very much!

Well, in the end ME agreed to pay for half of the claim and the works were carried out on Wednesday last week. Copy of the invoice went off to them on the Thursday and, by yesterday morning, the money had been reimbursed to my account.

While I'm hoping any future claims will be settled in full, I'm happy that payment was turned around quickly this time.
 Front Runner Rack, OEM Ladder & RAI, Tuff-Trek Foxwing, B'rakhah Ingonyama Expedition Trailer, RLD's Spare Wheel Protector, Bodsy's Bars, Empty Pockets! Member of Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response.

Post #190213016th Jan 2018 12:03 pm
LIAMMCL

England 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

After 2 1/2 days of waiting I've been told they are not covering the EPB module as it is not a part listed as covered.

They're wording:
Braking system
The following components are covered:
Pump and control unit for anti-lock braking system
(ABS), ABS wheel sensors, calipers, drum brake self-
adjusting mechanisms, handbrake control cables &
linkages
, master & wheel cylinders, pedal assembly,
pressure reducing & proportioning valves, and vacuum
pump & servo.

I'm appealing but not hopeful. The wording in bold above is exactly what the part is in my opinion. I know others have had this part replaced by warranty direct - this is costing me £1133.00 inc. vat to have replaced by Team Valley Land Rover.

As soon as the next payment is due I'll be back to Warranty Direct. The whole process from the start including the health check was very 'slap dash' in my opinion.

Post #19205971st Mar 2018 12:34 pm
Scott #55

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Sorry you're having this difficulty.

Had my EPD replaced by WD a month or so ago. It's no consolation to you just now, but it should reinforce your decision re returning to WD.
 2014 - D4 2010 HSE Nara Bronze
2012 - FL2 2009 GS Stornoway Grey
2001 - VW Passat Estate Inky Blue
1999 - Ford Mondeo Light Blue
1998 - Rover 25 Red 

Post #19205991st Mar 2018 12:38 pm
LIAMMCL

Scott, yes that's one of the cards I'm playing with them in my appeal - as the ME salesman stated that they're cover was as good if not better than WD. I know of several on this forum who've had the EPB replaced by WD.

I'm absolutely fizzing about it but it looks like I'll have to suck it up until they have taken 'up to 15 days' to review my appeal Rolling Eyes

Post #19206051st Mar 2018 12:46 pm
Scott #55

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Told me the same thing - their cover was the same or even better. Wish there was an option for us to record THEIR calls, rather than the other way round.
 2014 - D4 2010 HSE Nara Bronze
2012 - FL2 2009 GS Stornoway Grey
2001 - VW Passat Estate Inky Blue
1999 - Ford Mondeo Light Blue
1998 - Rover 25 Red 

Post #19206431st Mar 2018 1:19 pm
Randylover

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I’m with AA breakdown repair cover
They just paid out £500 toward the bill for my dual mass flywheel replacement which also included the rest of the kit to go with it

Andy
 05 TDV6,"S" in all colourcoded Zermatt silver,7 seats winter pack HK 6cd stereo,Dual climate,Xenons,

Mods:
Re-Con Engine,De-Tango,Reverse camera,Fog/DRl lights,Aux Battery, perm Aux socket in boot,LED Volt meters in roof panel,Built in tom tom, Strobes fitted in grille, Aux switches for trailer lights fitted in roof panel,Roof Rails,Grille conversion 

Post #19206531st Mar 2018 1:40 pm
SimSamSeven

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I recently had an air suspension fault on my BMW 535D Tourer and Im covered by MotorEasy. At the time of taking the cover (about 6 moths ago) I made sure the air suspension was covered as I know it is an issue with this model and it is expensive to repair.
So on the day that the off-side air-spring decided to spring a spectacular leak, I called MotorEasy who advised me to take it to my BMW dealer of choice, get the repair done and as long as the invoice had clear diagnostic information and a breakdown of parts and labour, they would reimburse me. (I paid extra on the policy to cover main dealer repairs).
Nice! Or so I thought.

While the Beemer was in for repair, I received an email from MotorEasy stating that they required the MOT certificate and evidence of last service in anticipation fo receiving my claim. Wow... how efficient. That got sent off to them. Easy!

A couple of day later, I picked the Beemer up checked the invoice was clear, settled up and off I went. Got in touch with MotorEasy via email and sent them the invoice.
Within hours I got a response stating that the claim was declined because:
Air suspension is not covered and
I didn't give MotorEasy the opportunity to inspect the vehicle before commencing the repair.
What complete Censored . They never once said this was a requirement and air suspension is covered in the policy.
So I have raised an appeal and they will respond within 3 weeks.
Exclamation Censored

Post #19210872nd Mar 2018 9:38 am
James W

United Kingdom 

Scott #55 wrote:
Told me the same thing - their cover was the same or even better. Wish there was an option for us to record THEIR calls, rather than the other way round.

When I had my battle with Warranty Direct via the ombudsman, I requested a copy of a telephone call from WD and it was supplied. They needed to really to support their story (and it was a 'story' as it turned out)

SimSamSeven wrote:
I called MotorEasy who advised me to take it to my BMW dealer of choice, get the repair done and as long as the invoice had clear diagnostic information and a breakdown of parts and labour, they would reimburse me. (I paid extra on the policy to cover main dealer repairs).

If they failed to tell you to make sure you had a diagnostic 'visit' first before proceeding with the work then I don't blame you in contesting it. That process was made very clear to me on my last claim with Motor Easy, even though I was 100% sure it was the central locking unit at fault, they still had to go through that process and it meant two trips to the garage. I also had to get a clear diagnosis in writing but it was made clear I must stop at that point and get authorisation to proceed.
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - WTF does this button do 

Post #19210952nd Mar 2018 9:49 am
SimSamSeven

Thanks, that’s good to know. Hopefully it won’t come to taking it to the ombudsman but I believe I’m
on firm ground and happy to play if they want to.

Post #19213862nd Mar 2018 6:21 pm
KenR

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Don’t want to worry you but when I was looking at using Motor Easy, the thing that put me off was the statement that in any dispute their CEO was the final arbiter and also that they were not governed by the ombudsman

Post #19213932nd Mar 2018 6:31 pm
SimSamSeven

Thanks Ken Big Cry

Post #19214052nd Mar 2018 6:49 pm
James W

United Kingdom 

Don't get too excited about the ombudsman, they are no help whatsoever in my experience.

https://www.disco4.com/forum/post1847887.html#1847887
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - WTF does this button do 

Post #19214722nd Mar 2018 8:19 pm
LIAMMCL

their response to my appeal:

Thankyou for your patience whilst we have been investigating your appeal.

You are clearly aware that your Plan B policy provides you with comprehensive coverage in the event of a sudden and unexpected failure of mechanical and electrical components. On pages 7-11 of your policy handbook there is a list of the components that are covered as part of your Plan.

You have challenged our decision to decline your claim due to the part not being a listed component. So please see our explanation below:

An actuator converts an electric signal's energy into mechanical motion.

A linkage (usually a cable on cars, but sometimes a rod) does not convert energy from one state to another, but simply transfers it from one part of the system to another.

We understand why you have raised this as a similar component, and have carefully considered your evidence

But on balance we do not believe that they are the same component. The actuator is not a listed component so we have to agree that the correct decision was original made.

CONCLUSION
Whilst looking into your appeal we have found no evidence to support your claim. We’re sorry but your appeal is declined. Whilst this may not be the outcome which you were seeking we hope we have been able to give you some clarification of your policy for future reference.
We have a responsibility to treat all customers equitably, so we cannot change this decision.
We hope you can see we have taken your case seriously and handled in line with our complaints process as outlined on page 35 of your plan. If you are not satisfied with our response your further options are set out in your Plan document which we recommend that you read in full.
We are sorry we cannot be of more assistance on this occasion.

Post #192943223rd Mar 2018 3:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >