DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

First Discovery 3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mooresft

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
First Discovery 3

Evening
So after umming and arring I have taken the plunge and bought a D3.
07 plate stornaway Grey, looks mint and is beautiful to drive.

Im two weeks in and have a few questions!

Firstly Ive got a 'limited transmission fault' that comes up and puts the car into limp mode pretty much.
had it plugged in and thought we had narrowed it down to a slightly loose battery terminal, which seemed to solve the issue for a week or so, but its back again today with vengeance! Going to test the battery tomrrow and if not ill take it back to the garage where i bought it from for them to deal with. Apart from the brake bulbs and brake switch is there anything else simple to check?

Disco 3 vs Disco 4 reliablitly is my next question? Ive heard the horror stories about the D3's but are the D4's prone to issues? (im wondering whether to bite the bullet and spend the extra on a D4 for the savings on repairs)

Many thanks Sam

Post #193672115th Apr 2018 6:25 pm
Disco Dusty

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Hey Bud

Im pretty much in the same boat. Im 6weeks in and experiencing the woes of D3 ownership.

I have upgraded from a D2 which I owned for 4years with limited problems. Its forums like this that I think are worth they're weight in gold.

I did a fair bit of research before taking the plunge. From my own experience(others will differ) i would take it to a good L/R indie and get them to give it a real good going over to pick anything up that your sales garage should repair sort under any warranty you had with the sale.

Personally,i got a warranty with angel warranties to cover the majority of break downs and costly repairs. It cost me 500 squid but the first decent job it will pay for itself (covers upto 150k mileage).

The next thing is to check the oil pump and belts have been done if not its worth a punt and gives you piece of mind, well it does me.

Have a good squint through the forum its great!!!

Best

Dusty
 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 2.7 S
2001 Discovery 2 TD5
2002 Shogun Sport 2.5TD 

Post #193680415th Apr 2018 11:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >