Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

First experience of Landrover Approved used warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
gazdiver

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3
First experience of Landrover Approved used warranty

Just had my D3 for 4 months bought from Stealer in Melton Mowbray, had a few niggles manual seat lowers on its own, knock when i go over a bump or pot hole, and what i thought was a wheel bearing on its way out
so off to the dealer has it for a few days " well sir the seat we cannot find anything " point out the TSB as found on here OH well thats been superseded wait for it use a block of wood to fix it WHAT THE Censored ..Next the knock is a lower ball joint and No the insurance assessor says fair wear and tear so no nothing going there.. The rumble front and Rear diffs on the way out but at least they will change them Diff's now on Order..
So as Landrover customer for over 25 years had them almost from when i learnt to drive this is possibly the biggest RIP OFF i have come across, i wont ever be fooled by buying from a Stealer again the warranty is not worth the paper its printed on, how can a company get away with it Look i know they are now owned by Indian's but i never though they employed so many Censored Cowboys !
Rant Over normal service to be resumed as soon as possible Big Cry

Post #83889823rd Sep 2011 4:42 pm
packingstrips

Tbh the block of would doesnt really fix the fault...it just proves that when you get out your legs or backside are hitting the handle and dropping it down slightly.

Post #83896223rd Sep 2011 6:22 pm
A1GSS

England 

To be fair... and maybe present another view.

I bought a used D3 a year ago, it needed quite a bit of remedial work which I'd only noted after I got it home after taking delivery; supplying dealer Marshalls (Cambridge) were very accommodating and sorted everything for us, gave us a full set of LR over-mats and £60 of diesel as a "sorry" and lent us an insured and fuelled Freelander for a week. Thumbs Up Top service.

I also got a LR approved used warranty. So far, claimed twice, and have had (a) excellent service from Lookers in Bishops Stortford (thanks chaps) and (b) no quibbles or issues. Thumbs Up Top service.

I'm now buying another LR product (FFRR) and will happily return to these dealers again to part with my hard earned cash.

So, accepting that you've had a poor experience, and not excusing it for a moment, not all dealers are the same.

All my own views, of course.
 ____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey 

Post #83897223rd Sep 2011 7:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >