Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

First experiences and factory telephone integration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
gasdoc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
First experiences and factory telephone integration

Picked up my Cairns Blue TDV6 on friday and drove to London from Cornwall for the weekend. First impressions were that the car is very responsive under normal driving conditions and seems much faster than a 12 sec 0-60. Trying to accelerate from 70 on the motorway is more like gathering momentum than accelerating however. But overall I was extremely pleased with my choice.

Saturday I used the sunroof for the first time and it round to a halt half open and would not budge. After an initial loss of humour I consulted the handbook and followed the reset instructions which fixed it and I have had no problems since - possibly the roof had not been tested or reset after the battery was last connected.

Factory fit phone system works well via bluetooth but the dealers are completely in the dark. The retrofit solution I expect is the one that shows as FORD *** on searching and pairs with 0000 The factory fit PTI reveals as LANDROVER and pairs with 2121. It definately works via bluetooth (no need for cradle) with Sony Erricson 610, Most Nokia and Windows SPV 500 phones. It will probably work with any BT phone that can recognise a BT hands free installation. My SPV1000 only recognises BT headset and would not work.

With BT connection you can accept and terminate calls using steering wheel buttons, use car mike and radio speakers (radio automatically muted). You can dial using voice command or the radio numerical keypad. Reception and transmission are very good. I have not been able to access the telephone address book via BT. This probably requires that you use a handset and supported cradle.

Current ave mpg around 20 - mainly 10 mile journeys and a fair number of queues.

Post #266621st Apr 2005 10:47 pm
grommet

United States 

Quote:
This probably requires that you use a handset and supported cradle.
Correct. Cradle and compatible phone is required to read the phone book and call registers, which is a shame. (Others, like BMW, can do it over Bluetooth. This "state-of-the-art" Nokia system can't.)  
Post #267022nd Apr 2005 5:30 am
Ecosse

Gasdoc/Grommet - does that mean that when using Bluetooth connection (a) for outgoing calls no numebrs/names show up? and (b) for incoming that there is no Caller ID on the screen?

Post #267222nd Apr 2005 7:43 am
gasdoc

Ecosse wrote:
Gasdoc/Grommet - does that mean that when using Bluetooth connection (a) for outgoing calls no numebrs/names show up? and (b) for incoming that there is no Caller ID on the screen?

With an outgoing call you see what you have dialed using voice command or the buttons on the radio screen. I havent had any icoming calls yet (shame) but will let you know when I do.

Post #267422nd Apr 2005 8:06 am
DiscoMad

Hi Gasdoc,
Congrats on the new car !

Did your PTI system come with a cradle in the centre box ?? seems some have done so far (to suit Nokia phones)

The 2120 code is probably part of the serial number of your system.
and
when you say you can dial by voice command (which interprets spoken numbers very well doesnt it Smile), I take it that access to names/nymbers tored in your phone is not possible (ie phone voice dialing) which is a shame.

Did you get any instructions for this with the car ?

Thx

Post #267922nd Apr 2005 8:44 am
Ecosse

I assume that voice dialing can be by the stored names in the Voice system of the car ? (I've got them stored on mine despite no phone installed!!) - means duplication of the memory, but has the advantage that they are all stored irrespective of whose phone you then use on the system I suppose? Very Happy

Post #268022nd Apr 2005 8:51 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

The factory fit telephone doesn't include the cradle itself; you have to sort that out with your dealer directly. It is a simple click-in/out fit (so that you can easily switch cradles if someone with a different phone drives the car, or you change your phone).

There is a wide range of cradles available, needless to say most of them for Nokia phones, but various Motorola, Siemens and Sony E phones are also supported.

Post #268622nd Apr 2005 9:02 am
gasdoc

Factory PTI

My car came with no cradle. I took a few phones into the car with a helpful local orange dealer and felt that the SPV C500 suited my needs best. I had no handbook for the installation for which my dealer apologised, they are waiting for these to be supplied by LR. I dont really want a cradle - rather leave my phone in the briefcase for the journeys to and from work.

Dealer was gobsmaked at how much information we have on the forum compared with the trickle of info sent to them by LR via bulletins. Anyway, at least they are now up to date at my delership! Goes to show what a great advantage to LR it would have been if they were hosting this forum and providing the support themselves.

One little irritation is that with the cubby cooler you can not invert the lid to accommodate larger bottles because the cradle holder gets in the way.

Post #273522nd Apr 2005 9:26 pm
Ecosse

Hi GasDoc - ask Martin for a Disco3.co.uk sticker for your D3 - ot all helps to promote the website - and the more members we have, the more clout there willbe with LR Wink

Post #273822nd Apr 2005 9:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >