Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

My First Herbie Moment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ron Dunbar

Scotland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
My First Herbie Moment

Two weeks old exactly, and I've just had my first sign of life from the D3.

Unlocked the car. opened the drivers door, accidently pressed the Lock button. Got the "error" toot from the horn, and the CD player burst into life - keys not in the ignition.
Shut the door, locked the car. . . . . CD player stays on. Only stopped when I put key in the ignition, and turned it.

Will contact spiritualist tomorrow, and expect to find it was a Mk1 Range Rover in an earlier life.
 Ron Dunbar

Grey D4 TDV6 HSE
Skoda TDi Roomster Scout 

Post #1649810th Sep 2005 12:12 am
Blue

Stange Confused I've locked it with the boot open, but the radio didn't come on.
 Blue  
Post #1651910th Sep 2005 5:54 pm
BN

England 

The loan D3 from LR has a few things that I don't understand yet.

One is if I unlock the car but open the passenger door first the drivers seat moves, wierd. Shocked

Post #1664811th Sep 2005 9:38 pm
Pelyma

England 

Is that the lazy entry? I assume you are saying the seat moves backwards?
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1669512th Sep 2005 9:21 am
BN

England 

It could be but it only does it from the passenger side Confused and it is the drivers seat that moves Rolling Eyes

Post #1671512th Sep 2005 1:44 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Brian, sometimes if my wife has had the car, and I come to use it, when I unlock it with my key, it takes a second press of the unlock button to get the lazy entry to work.

Maybe someone has set a lazy entry memory to your key, and when you press the key again to unlock the passenger door, it activates it.

I think the lazy entry key memory settings are not the same as the memory seat settings, they caused me hours of head scratching. Everytime I unlocked with my key, the seat and mirrors moved, but were not right. So I pressed 1 on the seat memory panel and everything moves OK, until I next unlocked the car, when it was wrong again!.

I cured this by setting the seat to memory 1, and then running through sequence to set-up the lazy entry.

Hope you got that Embarassed

Post #1675412th Sep 2005 3:56 pm
BN

England 

Gareth wrote:
Brian, sometimes if my wife has had the car, and I come to use it, when I unlock it with my key, it takes a second press of the unlock button to get the lazy entry to work.

Maybe someone has set a lazy entry memory to your key, and when you press the key again to unlock the passenger door, it activates it.

I think the lazy entry key memory settings are not the same as the memory seat settings, they caused me hours of head scratching. Everytime I unlocked with my key, the seat and mirrors moved, but were not right. So I pressed 1 on the seat memory panel and everything moves OK, until I next unlocked the car, when it was wrong again!.

I cured this by setting the seat to memory 1, and then running through sequence to set-up the lazy entry.

Think so, but why does it only move when I open the passenger door and not the drivers door? Maybe I have set it up wrong, because when I first got into it, the silly thing crushed me up to the sterring wheel. Almost permanently damaged my important bits. Shocked

Post #1676912th Sep 2005 5:08 pm
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

BN wrote:
Gareth wrote:

Think so, but why does it only move when I open the passenger door and not the drivers door? Maybe I have set it up wrong, because when I first got into it, the silly thing crushed me up to the sterring wheel. Almost permanently damaged my important bits. Shocked

Still important hey?
May be it thinks it is a left hand drive! Wink
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #1677412th Sep 2005 5:23 pm
BN

England 

You never know Nick Confused

Post #1677712th Sep 2005 5:25 pm