Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

First issue today / Total loss of engine power
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
OffRoader

Finland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Use rubber MASK in front

I think that when it's below -10, better to have some kind of cover that fills the holes in the nose of the car so that cold air can't flow into the engine department.

I have rubber cover for upper mask and will today make it for the lower part as well.

My parents cottage is 140 km east from here, I just called them and they told that have -31 now.

If looking for more eXtreme, In Kittilä (350 km north from my home), they have had today -41 degrees. YES, -41 !!! But that should be a piece of cake for a decent off road all season car. Very Happy
 -- too many modifications made to my Disco 3 to be listed in here --  
Post #3829920th Jan 2006 5:01 pm
BN

England 

I am not sure, but we never use any front protection when in Siberia even at -40C, so you should not need it. It may even cause problems. Your main problem with Land Rovers is when at idle, they over cool even in summer, so the trick is not to sit still at idle too long.

Ensure you dealer has the right mix of antifreeze as it may not be enough. The pre-heater will also heat the engine water and cabin to assist. The problem mainly is diesel at below - 28C or lower unless you use the special low temp with additives.

Post #3834920th Jan 2006 9:01 pm
Yello

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Update.

Still Discoless... Importer says that there are error codes which _should_ have been dealt with the new SW version. Something about intake manifold pressure, which is dependent on the air temperature.
 Disco 3 TDV6 SE Auto
Oh, and the other 4WD: FourX with a Recaro seat Smile 

Post #3870023rd Jan 2006 7:33 pm
Yello

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I'll get my car back today. LR's stand on the issue is that the SW should work and the only idea they have is that when it was uploaded the first time, something must have gone wrong and the SW was corrupted. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

So they uploaded the latest SW again...

Now I'm just hoping for the best. Then again, it's not so cold anymore, so it really should work. Until next time...
 Disco 3 TDV6 SE Auto
Oh, and the other 4WD: FourX with a Recaro seat Smile 

Post #3896324th Jan 2006 2:53 pm
sgllr3

United States 

Now, I'm not sure how helpful this might be, but the engine stall is more pervasive than living north of freezing.

I don't think its ever snowed in my parts. Ther was a very light hail once, kind of like shaved ice, about 20 years ago. Very odd. I made a 6" 'snowman.' And the vast majority of cars here use unleaded gas.

Anyway, my 06 HSE LUX/HD died in the middle of a busy freeway with ~2000 miles. ~80F. Only wife and daughter in the car. Fortunately, it was so busy, traffic was stop and go. When I say 'died,' I mean then engine was on, but no power. Wife turned the car off, then on. Still no power. LR said "faulty feul tank sensor", tank was empty even though the meter said 1/2 full. (self note, then why was the engine runing?). They replace the entire gas tank assembly. Somehow while in shop, the battery went dead, so they recharged it and had to reload a bunch of SW (which I think was the original problem, but what do I know). Car runs... 2 weeks later, check engine light comes on. LR says the battery is not working properly, so they give me a new one. That was 2 days ago.

Post #3926726th Jan 2006 1:47 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >