Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

First trip in new Elddis Affinity 550....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
First trip in new Elddis Affinity 550....

Half way through a week at Park Coppice CC site near Coniston. The weather has been fantastic so far, although a bit grey this morning.

The new tin tent is doing fine, but there are a couple of issues to get sorted out when we get back. One of the carpet pieces is missing. When we collected it back in Feb, the carpets were wrapped up in a bag under the bed. We didn't unpack them until this week, so never noticed! Also, there is supposed to be a cutlery tray in the drawer that is missing.

The new Bradcott awning has a bad seam on the front panel. Looks like the machinist missed his/her target and the seam has separated.

Compared to my last caravan; an Elddis Crusader Scirocco, we we find the Affinity smaller, but well thought out. Really like the single door on the washroom that doubles as a separator door for the fixed bedroom. Fixed bed is very comfy, and very convenient now we have no kids with us. Understandably it lacks storage space when compared.

The Affinity is very easy to tow, the car really didn't notice it at all. It has all the latest IDC anti skid/snake technology.

Its a bit odd not having an onboard water tank, I thought I would find it awkward, but not so, I just bought an extra Aquaroll. The Affinity also does not have a separate toilet flush tank, so it uses the main water system. Again, I thought it was a step back, but its not. Its one less job to do when arriving on site!

The big dissapointment is the Avtex TV system. It is supposed to be a ready to use system that is plug and play. BUT, the signal is not very good here, and I could get the directional system that was on my old Crusader to pick up all channels here, with a bit of fiddling around. This one only picks up a few, and there is no adjustment. Backwards step IMO.

Anyway, the fact I am typing this means the site wifi is working at the moment!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #127320222nd Apr 2014 8:43 am
rodneydisco3

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Glad to hear you are enjoying and learning how to use a different caravan. Regards the TV ariels, I am not sure if the a text it directional or not, but if directional there is a great app on apple that locates all terrestrial signals and the gives a compass with the direction to point the ariel. It works fantastic, I think it costs 69p but is well worth it.
 Rodey L

2018 Discovery 5 3L HSE Idris silver and black
14MY liore Blue/Almond HSE (now with new custodian)
Discovery 3 09MY Gaulway Green/Almond (now with new custodian)
1933 MG J2
1934 MG PA
1935 MG PB 

Post #127320622nd Apr 2014 8:57 am
allforus

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The outfit looks great some friends have the elddis and the TV system works very well when we have been with them the coniston site is a it off a Censored for reception you have been so lucky with the weather enjoy

Post #127320822nd Apr 2014 9:10 am
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

What's Park Coppice like for access to the water's edge for the dog and play areas for the kids?

Thinking of using it for a couple of days end of May.
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #127332422nd Apr 2014 1:49 pm
Crost

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Its not a problem. It actually is not the CC site that goes down to the Lake, you walk out the back and in to some tenting area and then down to the lake. You can also walk through to Coniston this way.
 Mark

Remember its only an obsession....

Mods:
Original Beanie Narpy Grill, Black lettering, De-Tango'ed, Side steps, Hids LEDs upgrade, Halo DRL, Smoked side repeaters, D4 Bluetooth upgrade, Flacks magic with the fault mate, Upgraded D4 compressor, ERG's blanked, Tints, D4 rear lights, Short rails & cross bars, LR Ladder. Reversing camera (needs activating!!) 

Post #127332822nd Apr 2014 1:56 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Yes, through the campsite. Only problem for us is sheep a'plenty! My dogs are not good around sheep and have to stay on leads.

Post #127337222nd Apr 2014 3:35 pm
allforus

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Ment to say the thing you need to watch is the front locker for cracking from stone impacts my friends cracked second time out and now tows with a cover for protection

Post #127347322nd Apr 2014 6:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >