Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

Fitted Parrot CK3100 now now audio or sat nav ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ttcchh

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Fitted Parrot CK3100 now now audio or sat nav ?

First time on here and hoping someone can help with a problem on a recently purchased '05 discovery3 TDV6 SE. Has no factory bluetooth so after looking about decided to but a Parrot CK3100 in, and wish I hadnt.

Fitted this unit and all seemed to connect OK and paired OK. I Decided to test and parrot display showed phonebook and ringing but noticed that no sound, moved audio unit and noticed no display...

Carried out checked and all seemed ok but still no display on LR audio unit, unable to switch on or anything, then noticed that when I plugged Iphone into Audio module it did not charge (was working fine). started to get worried and disconnected parrot kit completely but after putting back to how it was still not go. Then even more worryingly found no sat nav display or anything there....checked all fuses to do with audio under glovebox (4) and all OK.

I am getting a 12V perminant live to pin 11 at audio unit. I also found a kind of wiring diagram and is seems all that relay under glovebox switches is down. I swapped the two relays that are the same and still no go.

I fear I have damaged the head unit but dont underdstand how. I had radio disconnected until all wiring completed and seemed straight forward. I was also very carful, and all was part of loom except a switched live I took off the cigarette lighter below.

I have no manufacturers warranty and am now assuming is the main unit, however would that prevent the display on satnav working as this comes on even if radio is left off? therefore is cannot be effected by that relay they head unit switches ?

If anyone can give any pointers on how they might be soved I would be much appreciative

Post #38804714th Dec 2008 6:13 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Try Parrot, did you get the Audio Mute cable too for a Jaguar, if not you can blow the AMP.

This is what I was warned so opted for Pro to install

PS, Welcome to the site Whistle

Post #38805514th Dec 2008 6:37 pm
ridgeback_moor

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome ttcchh Thumbs Up

Like Mac said - let us know which cables you used to interface between the CK3100 and audio system. There have been a few installs with all audio variants, so it should be OK. Have you gone back to the start and totally removed the parrot box and wiring from the system? If so, did it work OK?
 Previously:
2005 D3 2.7 TDV6 S
1984 90 2.25 Petrol CSW
1992 90 200TDi Hard Top
1995 Discovery ES 300TDi
2003 90 TD5 Truck Cab

Post #38806314th Dec 2008 6:53 pm
ttcchh

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

The leads were the 06-124B LRD telemute lead and the 06-423B parrot kit adapter. I was advised these were all I needed for LR3 with HK system.

I have completely removed the parrot but the same, What I have also noticed driving tonight is that the night illumination for the audio unit does not work...weird, every thing else on the whole vehicle as far as I can tell works. No warning messages nothing.I keep rewinding what I did but cant understand what I could have done wrong, the leads and connections into the radio are fixed and cant go wrong , the only other leads I connected were to the smaller acc block and the diagram that comes with it tells you where to put those. I then only picked up a battery live and earth for the parrot from the loom using there own bullet connection. The parrot unit was working fine and even rang home (although no sound in the car).

What I find strange is that the display is also dead on sat nav screen and you dont need audio on for that to work, It norally comes up with the LR badge when you start and the Sat nav options.

Wish I never started !

Post #38811914th Dec 2008 8:59 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Looks like a dealer visit, or swallow your pride n take it to a fitter that deals in this, alarms and phone installs mate. When I attempted mine, with having to hack into the SatNav, Stereo, Audio Controls etc, I thought Nope, too much for me.

In the end I used someone I knew and helped him a little.

As I said, cannot remeber the kit, but the harness has to be used for the Jaguar from Parrot, without that correctly installed they do say you can fry the Amp/Stereo Big Cry

Post #38812714th Dec 2008 9:08 pm
n1cktdv6

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Fitted Parrot CK3100 now now audio or sat nav ?

My ck3100 has been fitted for nearly two years without problems. Because of all the issues with leads I bought a parrot speaker and fitted it under the dash, works a treat. Thumbs Up
 D4 HSE....Probably, but not quite decided yet.
3.6 TDV8 Vogue
XC90 SE Lux
A8 Quattro TDi
D3 SE 

Post #38816614th Dec 2008 10:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >