Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Tips & Tricks

How to fix a Sunroof Leak!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 15 <123 ... 131415
Gazbaz902

2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I had the same problem with my new ( to me) discovery 4 I have followed all the photos and info and I am so thankfull for all of you posting.
So satisfing doing a job yourself and saving time at the garage and of course money.
Thanks to all above.

Post #183640813th Jul 2017 11:38 am
notgoingoffroad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
C&D Pillar

Hi looking for some help. I have been getting a lot of water coming into the passenger side foot well & having looked at this post went to check the pollen filter & front sunroof drainage pipes both of which were ok after I tested with the hose. What I did discover was that the leak was coming from the pillar just behind the 2nd row of seats of the left (someone mentioned C or D pillar but not sure what they are called. Water only appears to be coming in there but does the fixed middle & rear sunroofs have their own drainage pipes or when I removed the panel is the one I could see the rear drainage from the front sunroof?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Post #184045724th Jul 2017 7:31 pm
Charliecloud

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

That would be the C post. Only the opening sunroof has any drains, so it the rear front roof drain. They are same type as fronts. May have perished or pipe come adrift.

Given the age of your car, unless the fronts have been done by a previous owner at best you are on borrowed time before they perish.

Post #184046524th Jul 2017 7:47 pm
notgoingoffroad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
C pillar

Thanks for the response. Agree given age of car its a matter of time. As I never open the sunroof & don't want water inside the car could I just use black sealant on the sunroof ?

Post #184048124th Jul 2017 8:27 pm
DansDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 3

Hi all,

Thanks for all the wealth of knowledge here, just getting through it has taken a while but very worthwhile.

So, here's my issue.

I've had water coming in from passenger side, have put sealant there for now and whilst it's not properly fixed it will do for now.

My biggest issues is water in the drivers footwell. I followed Gareth's post (very helpful) re drainage pipe, disconnected them, poured water directly into them and it is not blocked. Water ran near front wheel where it should. I then connected the pipe back up and poured water in the sunroof section you mentioned and water misses the pipe completely and comes directly in through the roof. Seems as though there should be a plug or sealant in the sunroof to stop water being able to escape so freely.

Having done all this the drivers footwell seems to still be very wet, I'm not sure it is coming from the sunroof now but don't know where it can be coming from. It feels as though it is from under the carpet. Would the best thing be to pull the drivers carpet back and check out?

Is this nasty to do, always worried when I pull things apart that they won't go back properly.

Any help is welcomed, pictures always a bonus too.

Cheers
Dan

Post #18549556th Sep 2017 11:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 15 of 15 <123 ... 131415
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >