Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Flash car wash
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Flash car wash

Has anyone bought and tried this new wonder product yet ?

http://www.freshliving.com/flashcarwash/home.htm

Be interesting to know if it works and if it saves time... the DISCO3 takes flipping ages to wash.

-s

Post #168624th Mar 2005 1:17 am
DiscoMad

Hi Simon,
So you wanted me to spend my pocket money on this first eh ??

Actually I bought it from Homebase on a 10% off day and only got to try it today in the sunshine.

Living in the midlands with hard water I am fed up of white spotty water marks on the car so I was intrigued by the claim that it drys the car without spots and without the use of a chamy. Boy I miss living in Yorkshire (soft water)

Interesting, it has a 1year money back guarantee - so there is confidence for you.

The unit comes with a small bottle of wash fluid that contains part of the magic and a 3-use (read 1 use on a Disco3) filter.

So you rinse the car, soap it and then use a sponge to clean the car in sections, 'autodrying' - this is the setting that passes water though the filter after washing. The spong gets really dirty and I advise rinsing it in a bucket of warm water between sections.

Here is the magic bit - I am sitting here looking at a really clean car without any water marks. It brings out the shine - just amazing. Must contain some form of surface enhancer. I repeated the exercise on my wife's focus with the same results. Amazing.

It may take a little longer (maybe ?) and will be more expensive that wash and wipe dry but I am sold !

R.

Post #18222nd Apr 2005 6:01 pm
Teessidelad22

flash car wash

ive just bought it today £20 at morrisons and gonna try it in next day or two mines a black d3 and everyone knows wat black is like with water marks etc so ill be dying to see what the results are.

Post #18273rd Apr 2005 9:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

Yeah I actually bought it the next day and it is very good... bit heavy and should really have a trigger.

But results are great.

-s

Post #19949th Apr 2005 11:40 pm
BN

England 

OK so I am a cheapskate, I purchased the bottle of refill at about £3.50. Diluted it in a bucket of water, washed the car by hand and spray washed it off. Bingo you are right, it shines. Can buy a round of drinks for the £16.50 saved.

Post #200210th Apr 2005 10:03 am
simon

BN,

well you do need to watch those pennies with all your recent vehicle purchases Wink

By the way... do you do courses for people like us ? Be great to get some real expert advise from the trainers of trainers !

-s

Post #200510th Apr 2005 11:04 am
BN

England 

Simon, just clebreating with a mid morning aperiteeffxzxzxzzx hic (drink) from the profits of the Flash. Yes we can do and have done courses, but in reality the D3 is too nice to do what my guys do in them and I will not have my 110's after May. What could be done if anyone is interested is a trek to say Siberia. We work there and it takes about 3 weeks to reach. I have a guy Andreaov who is a hunter, but he could always do a very good trek, which I am sure you would not forget. You would need to take your Flash with you (sorry) roads a bit dirty. The country is beautiful though.

Post #201110th Apr 2005 11:47 am
Teessidelad22

tried my flash thing and results where good but not great anybody got any tips?
dont get much out of the bottle for disco's do you
 TDV6 7 seat
Black
Side Steps
Tinted Glass 

Post #201710th Apr 2005 2:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Tried my Flash today as well. Used up the whole bottle of detergent and not sure if the results are really that much better than a normal hand wash with a decent cleaner.... I guess our tap water here mustn't have much undesirable stuff in to start with ? The great thing for Flash though is that having invested £20 in the kit will I now slavishly keep buying their washing products to go with it ...?
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Last edited by Smarticus on 10th Apr 2005 11:22 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #202610th Apr 2005 9:26 pm
simon

Smartius,

Of course you will... its called marketing Wink

I do find mine is great at NOT leaving those tell tale white spots. Guess I have hard or is it soft water ?

Better than using a bucket and sponge in any case.

But the car os sooo damn big it takes ages still and uses up plenty of the 'special' detergent.

-s

Post #203110th Apr 2005 10:01 pm
BN

England 

OK, so I the cheapskate yet again. I used about a table spoon full of my Flash refill bottle in a bucket of warm water, washed it all over, sprayed it with cold water and then left it. In all it took about 20 minutes with the same result and a lot less Flash:D

Post #208611th Apr 2005 10:41 am
Teessidelad22

im still thinking the slightly longer route of washing normal but its the leathering off that takes forever
 TDV6 7 seat
Black
Side Steps
Tinted Glass 

Post #209111th Apr 2005 11:53 am
DiscoMad

BN - does your area have hard or soft water ?
The gain for me is not the wash fluid (really dont care about that) it is the filter unit that removes limescale and the white spotting if you dont wipe the car down - and I have not yet found a viable alternative to leathering or the flash system !

This might work www.ionicsystems.com/cars but it is much more expensive

Post #209411th Apr 2005 12:58 pm
simon

Teessidelad,

With this system you don't need to lather off at all. Just dries quickly and spot free.

Agree that the main benefit is the filter for the final rinse off. Although the gun is great so you don't have to fill up a ton of buckets !!

-s

Post #210111th Apr 2005 6:45 pm
BN

England 

Hi guys, jokes apart the Flash fluid alone is perfect. Simply add 1 tablespoon to about 2 galls of warm water. Hand wash on with a sponge and spray off. Job done, no streaks and believe it or not when it rains on it, provided the car is reasonably clean it runs off and self dries yet again. Total time for D3 about 20 mins. Water here is in the middle, but tends towards hard. The bottle should last me about 10 to 12 washes all for £3.99.

Post #216812th Apr 2005 5:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >