Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Flexible loadspace protector
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
MLGOMEZ

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I actually dont have one of those collars and never had to resort to it yet Exclamation As I have yet to own a problem dog - which have included various Rotties & German Shepherds and current dog Springer spaniel.

These collars are legal so I cant understand what you are all getting so upset about - sounds like the new disco3 is attracting Animals rights people etc. Surprised Confused . Instead of the usual Country sports enthusiasts.

Post #779620th Jul 2005 4:04 pm
BN

England 

I think these collars would be ideal for drunken yobs. If they misbehave in the street, just zap them Very Happy

Post #779820th Jul 2005 4:07 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

One of the many dogs I had was a problem Rottweiler, the the problems were as a result of his previous owner beating him. With a couple of months a patient gentle training he was completely changed normal dog.

It's got nothing to do with Animal Rights, why do people think the only way to get a dog to behave the way they want is to hurt it?
It's perfectly legal to own a baseball bat or gun (with the right license) doesn't make it alright to use them against someone

Post #780020th Jul 2005 4:20 pm
Pelyma

England 

Well sorry but I hunt, course, shoot and fish and have done so all my life. In fact I'm off to sit on the CA stand at the Game Fair for the next few days to promote the temporarily banned sport of coursing, so I don't think anyone would call me an animal rights activist! But I still do not agree with these collars, have you seen dogs trained in this manner? I have it is not a pretty sight and has totally ruined whole strains of gundogs in the US where they are used at tool of choice. As I said the only way I would condone the use of one is on a stock worrier that otherwise will be taking a one way walk in the woods.

I do have experience of dog training with the family being part of a demonstration team that regularly appear at Crufts with their whippets.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #780420th Jul 2005 4:39 pm
MLGOMEZ

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Getting back on subject - anyone going to the CLA game fair this weekend can probably see the practicality and feel the great quality of dog-bag in the flesh on one of the stands.

Post #780520th Jul 2005 4:50 pm
Pelyma

England 

If anyone is going I've got 2 tickets looking for a home (free) they are valid on any day
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #780620th Jul 2005 5:03 pm
MVS

You paid £89 at york. I only paid 70 something @ Pickering.

I agree fixings are crap, & requires effort to get it in right, I never said it was perfect, but its better than an hour cleaning the back of the car or a couple of £40 valets.

It gives a little once you've had it in a while as well.

BUT it does require mods to get it to stay.

Mike

P.S. I took the first one back, then reconsidered a week later when I realised there's nothing else out there. Bags, Guns, and Zappy collars aside.

Post #784720th Jul 2005 10:42 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Mlgomez,
they used to use a similar 'treatment' on humans... now considered barbaric and counterproductive - even in the scenario BN suggests Shocked
Slimer's right, the only way to correct an animal's behaviour is with positive reward, anything else indicates that the 'owner' has lost the plot - sorry Crying or Very sad

Cheers,

10forcash

proud 'owner' of three rescue dogs in the past, all became great members of the family with a bit of TLC and time Very Happy

Post #786420th Jul 2005 10:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >