Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

France travel requirements
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Bubblehead

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 3
France travel requirements

Hi all, I wonder if any of you with more knowledge than me would be able to offer some advice.
As it stands ( and this may very well change) I plan to drive to the Alps in a few weeks for a bit of skiing with the family.
I have read and read the guidance on the gov website and think I have what is required but just wanted to ask here for a bit of confirmation from someone that may know..

So,
My wife and I are both fully vaccinated, so as I understand it, we are required to fill in a passenger location form and form to say we do not have covid or any signs of it.
Eldest is 16, he only has one vaccination, so believe he will need to do a PCR test prior to going within 24 hrs of travelling..
Youngest is 11 so is fine if travelling with fully vaccinated parents?

I believe, eldest will need to do a PCR on return, but unsure about rest of us..?

Also, can anyone recommend where PCR tests can be purchased from, as I believe his ( / all ) will need to be paid for prior to travel?
Have looked on the website but prices range from .99p to £70 odd so assume they can’t be the same..??

Quite long winded I know, but if anyone could give an idiots guide I’d be really grateful.
 2005 Disco3 HSE Auto 😁  
Post #226480330th Nov 2021 5:01 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

From recent experience... the 99p tests are only available to lefthanded NHS front line workers who had to go to Latvia for work purposes on a Wednesday that was an even numbered date. And had mauve hair. Not purple.

Unlikely you'll find one you qualify for for much less than max price you find online.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #226482730th Nov 2021 7:29 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Log into gov.uk website and set up alerts for any country you travel in and you get regular email updates of latest requirements.

The tests have to come from government approved suppliers, again all listed on the gov.uk website. Listed in ascending order but you'll never get the cheapest ones. Start at top of list and work down. I got to £25 each for our recent lateral flow tests for our Euro trip..... Censored To make it worse, they are exactly same branded kits, packaging, everything, as the free ones we get from the chemist Censored

You may get a 'cheap' one then click on the web link and see it has twenty five quid postage or something. It's all a Censored con......

You have to load your locator form online. We went on the chunnel so you can do it on their website and they pre-check it so just waved through at the French customs in UK.

Same as the passenger locator form for coming back to UK. It was the only document that was 'looked at' on our journey so I was glad I'd uploaded the PDF from the email onto my phone to make it quickly accessible.

The Gov.uk website has all the links for everything you need and the chunnel website is pretty good too with "what you need" lists, etc.

Oh, and I hope you don't need to really provide proof to anybody on the returned tests when back in UK as here I am 72 hours on and still not had the promised email from them confirming my test accepted and OK. It was OK'd on their app I had to load but it does look a bit micky-mouse on that I have to say..... I wanted to remove the app off my phone as really don't trust these faceless companies with cookies on the apps and what not......

Post #226483230th Nov 2021 7:56 pm
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I just got back from a week in Poland with work. Was actually a load easier than I expected. Passenger locator form and pre-booked test for return are all straightforward. My best advice is don’t overthink everything - it’s all really easy, but you can look at it all and think it’s harder than it is. Chances are the system was designed for someone not as bright as you! If you’re flying… everything takes longer because of the manual checks (Covid check and locator and most people don’t have them ready), so double check your checkin isn’t closing early if you’re used to taking it to the wire.

On France… we are doing similar in a few weeks (hopefully!).

The only thing we are doing differently from previous years is that we normally travel from Hull using the ferry and than drive down to stop over in Geneva.

This year we’re trying to visit as few countries as possible and avoiding the ferry as I imagine it’s a Covid hot spot, so we’re going on the tunnel and other than a stop off in Switzerland will avoid Holland and Belgium to minimise the chances of going to countries with different restrictions.

Fingers crossed for you - we snuck in skiing in 2020, but really missed it this year!

John
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #226483830th Nov 2021 8:33 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

where it says "are you exempt from quarantining?" put "yes ... carer". won't get questioned in my experience.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #226483930th Nov 2021 8:34 pm
Grunders

2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hope this helps

If it ain't broke... Take it apart anyway, how else you gonna find out how it works  
Post #226484530th Nov 2021 9:00 pm
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Other random things whilst I remember...

If you are using Apple Wallet for your passes, check that they won't expired whilst you're away (just delete and re-import them from the NHS app before you go) ( in case you need them when you don't have reception).

The NHS app was actually unavailable because of server maintenance at about 3am as we were leaving the hotel to fly back... so make sure you have a printout or saved PDF of the passes or have them in Apple wallet - rather than having to log into something whilst travelling.
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #226484930th Nov 2021 9:37 pm
F355GTS

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

There's a French app for Apple/ Android called Anticovid you can upload your QR codes to, makes it easier for the French

A few weeks back we only needed to do a Lateral flow 2 day test for the return but think this has changed back to PCR from today?
 Mark  
Post #226485630th Nov 2021 10:10 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Was messing around with covid vaccination status apps today and clocked the Swiss app uploads the NHS cert no problem, as long as you point it at the 2/2 vaccination code. This is the only other one I’ve found that works after TousAntiCovid app.

Might be moot for you ski bunnies as hasn’t Switzerland just closed its border to Brits due to the Omicron version?

Post #226485730th Nov 2021 10:15 pm
MHP

England 

Hardware wrote:
From recent experience... the 99p tests are only available to lefthanded NHS front line workers who had to go to Latvia for work purposes on a Wednesday that was an even numbered date. And had mauve hair. Not purple.

Unlikely you'll find one you qualify for for much less than max price you find online.

Laughing Your not far out with that to be honest. I travel with work across Europe now and again and have never had to isolate, test or even been stopped to question our journey or Covid status. I know I’m in a nice green uniform and nice new ambulance but non the less, we shouldn’t be treated any different and still need to control things!
 2009 Discovery 3 HSE - Gone
2019 Anniversary Edition D5 - Going
2019 HSE D5 - coming! 

Post #226486130th Nov 2021 10:29 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

DSL wrote:
Was messing around with covid vaccination status apps today and clocked the Swiss app uploads the NHS cert no problem, as long as you point it at the 2/2 vaccination code. This is the only other one I’ve found that works after TousAntiCovid app.

Might be moot for you ski bunnies as hasn’t Switzerland just closed its border to Brits due to the Omicron version?

What's the Swiss app called? Handy to know. Thumbs Up
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #22649191st Dec 2021 9:31 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Covid Cert. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Post #22649211st Dec 2021 9:35 am
OvalAutos

United Kingdom 
Re: France travel requirements

Bubblehead wrote:
Hi all, I wonder if any of you with more knowledge than me would be able to offer some advice.
As it stands ( and this may very well change) I plan to drive to the Alps in a few weeks for a bit of skiing with the family.
I have read and read the guidance on the gov website and think I have what is required but just wanted to ask here for a bit of confirmation from someone that may know..

So,
My wife and I are both fully vaccinated, so as I understand it, we are required to fill in a passenger location form and form to say we do not have covid or any signs of it.
Eldest is 16, he only has one vaccination, so believe he will need to do a PCR test prior to going within 24 hrs of travelling..
Youngest is 11 so is fine if travelling with fully vaccinated parents?

I believe, eldest will need to do a PCR on return, but unsure about rest of us..?

Also, can anyone recommend where PCR tests can be purchased from, as I believe his ( / all ) will need to be paid for prior to travel?
Have looked on the website but prices range from .99p to £70 odd so assume they can’t be the same..??

Quite long winded I know, but if anyone could give an idiots guide I’d be really grateful.

We've got the same problem. Chalet booked in Tignes for xmas back in August and now looking a bit iffy. Me, SWMBO, Gruesome the elder (20), Princess precious pants (18) all double vac'd, but Daisy flower (18) only first vac and Betsy the bluebell (13) getting first this weekend. Son #2 (23) is an anti-vax moron and won't be coming!

The kids are flying in to Geneva while we take a nice drive with all the kit in the back of the RRS.

GOV.UK is next to useless and refers you to the French gov website. Our household is fluent in Spanish, German and Italian, but lacking in French. At the moment, if I'm reading this right, a skiing holiday is not essential and Betsy has to quarantine for 7 days on arrival!!
 Joe  
Post #22649231st Dec 2021 9:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bubblehead

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 3

Am I not correct in thinking that kids over 12 if travelling with fully vaccinated parents do not need to Isolate as long as they provide a negative test within 24 hrs of travelling..?
So Betsy ( and my 16yr old son) should be ok?

There is so much contradicting information: even in one of the links above it states 7 days prior to travel then a few lines down 14 days.. Big Cry
 2005 Disco3 HSE Auto 😁  
Post #22649271st Dec 2021 9:56 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I've been using this:

https://app.euplf.eu/#/

I upload everything into Apple Books so its all in one place and also take paper copies (its quicker)

You need your

- EUPLF or local country specific one.
- Copy of your vacinations (use the NHS App, NOT the Covid App) your proof of vaccination can also be added to your phone wallet and acts as your Green Pass. Works well.
- Your UK Return PLF (can only be done 48hours before landing) and you need your Day 2 return PCR code. When you do this set it up as account. Its easier to make changes.

It is very straight forward but a ball ache of admin.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder