Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Frankenwatch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Frankenwatch

Liking my watches, as I do, I still have a soft spot for Seiko divers watches, probably first ‘proper’ automatic watch I had back in my youth that set me on the path of watch like/interest. I still have a couple I wear now.

Saw a few of these custom built ‘Frankenwatches’ on chat forums and coming up for sale. There is a huge sub-culture interested in these.

I had this one ‘stealth’ style custom built, it’s a bit ‘Triggers broom’ as the SKX case is PVD coated satin black but then everything else is new/custom;

Anti-reflective domed glass, ‘Mercedes’ style hands, red second hand, black chapter ring, a ‘catalogue’ aftermarket face (would retain a Seiko branded one on any future builds), upgraded Seiko ‘hacking’ movement, a Rolex style ceramic bezel and PVD coated winder button with red ‘S’ inlay and aftermarket rubber strap (I have a black leather Hirsch deployment strap with red edge stitching to go on it).

Really am liking it and already planning a ‘blue theme’ version to accompany it Thumbs Up

Post #22090018th Feb 2021 5:54 pm
Buckster

England 

https://www.custom-seiko.com/

Has a very good Instagram account with all his finished builds,

This guy is based in the UK and makes some awesome custom Seiko stuff, must admit im very tempted myself Thumbs Up
 2003 BMW M5- 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 RRS SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expo Rack, 4x Warn Spotlights, Warn 9.5 XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection, Full Easylift Suspension, LightForce HTX 230 Spot Lights, LR Light Guards, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, Brembos Calipers, ARB Fridge, Tuff trek awning.
Visiting from the RR Sport forum: 

Post #22090418th Feb 2021 7:50 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

That was one of the sites I looked at. In end used a watchmaker based in Leeds offering pretty much the same as liked his engagement when I emailed. I used the DLW site to select the build parts I wanted but plenty of others around. May just compare prices for ‘next’ build Whistle

Plenty of lightly modded ones on eBay, some sellers just make up a build and sell it on so you don’t get full choice but at £200 - £250 they are good value (you can pay almost that much for a Seiko SKX007-J model) but you may find a build that takes your fancy. Some do offer custom builds and warranty, etc. which is where my research started.

If you feel brave you could just buy the components yourself and invest in a few assembly tools and you could be building your own for under £200.....

Post #22090498th Feb 2021 8:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >