Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Frost Warning?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Mine only bongs once, the flake flashes a bit then all settles down again and no more interference from the bonging thingy.

Post #272389th Nov 2005 11:55 pm
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Slimer wrote:
Turn the stereo up!

Personally it doesn't bother me, reassures me that things are still working. I can see how it would bother people though

Fair one !
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #272399th Nov 2005 11:58 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Mine did a bong tonight, 4 degrees and a frost symbol. I'll bet the dealers are inundated tomorrow with D3 owners wondering wjhat the noise smell and smoke is coming out from under the car when the FBH kicks in!

One thing is for sure, if they have not been on this site the manual won't prepare them.

Post #2724310th Nov 2005 12:31 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

lee01277 wrote:
... but its like the seat belts, stating the bl**ding obvious once you've heard it the first time ..

Just like the low washer fluid level... a pain for it to bong every-time the level dips below the minimum.

ONE bong please Mr LR in the next SW update... and just a constant message on the display. What my Audi and BMW did...

Post #2726010th Nov 2005 10:45 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

simon wrote:
lee01277 wrote:
... but its like the seat belts, stating the bl**ding obvious once you've heard it the first time ..

Just like the low washer fluid level... a pain for it to bong every-time the level dips below the minimum.

ONE bong please Mr LR in the next SW update... and just a constant message on the display. What my Audi and BMW did...

Mine does just that......... Wink

Post #2726110th Nov 2005 10:55 am
simon

Winger wrote:
simon wrote:
lee01277 wrote:

Mine does just that......... Wink

So one bong only then ? Lucky you.

Will request a sw update during its 30K service then.

Post #2727010th Nov 2005 11:49 am
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

mine bonged just once as well, I thought it was just getting excited about Christmas coming! Very Happy
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #2727110th Nov 2005 12:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

This is how is should work:

Cold Warning Indication

When the ambient temperature is being displayed, if the temperature falls to 4ºC (39.2ºF) or below, the cold warning symbol will display. The cold warning symbol is in the form of a snow flake and will flash on and off, five times at a frequency of 2Hz. An audible warning will also be emitted by the instrument cluster to alert the driver. After the fifth flash of the symbol, the display will continue to display the snow flake symbol in place of 'EXT' until a temperature of 6°C (42.8°F) or higher is measured.

The cold warning will only be displayed once during an ignition cycle. If the ambient temperature rises to 6ºC (42.8ºF) or above and then subsequently falls to 4ºC (39.2ºF) or below during the same ignition cycle, the warning will be repeated.

If the display mode changes to a mode which does not display the ambient temperature during the warning period, the cold warning will be cancelled.

Post #2727410th Nov 2005 12:20 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

So it'll keep boinging if it goes up 2º and back down again
 The End  
Post #2727610th Nov 2005 12:32 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

Yes - and that may be the reason why there were multiple bongs.

Post #2727710th Nov 2005 12:36 pm
simon

And why the fluid level bongs are constant until it gets so low the sloshing does not affect the sensor reading...

Bloody annoying things really is that when the car bongs you think its something major due to the issues we've encountered in the past... the lack of trust makes you panic at every bong...

Post #2727810th Nov 2005 1:24 pm
BN

England 

simon wrote:
Bloody annoying things really is that when the car bongs you think its something major due to the issues we've encountered in the past... the lack of trust makes you panic at every bong...

You have hit a very important point in your post, 'the lack of trust in the car'

I have never in my life had a car that I really did not trust and the D3 has just started that cancer in my mind of the lack of trust for the first time. The car is actually so brilliant but the lack of trust has taken over. I really do not know what to do as my car is rejected whether to renew or get a new 110 CSW or 130.

The problem is that nothing does what the D3 does, load, towing, passenger comfort, cruise, off road ability and I could go on. I have just got to get another Confused .  
Post #2728110th Nov 2005 1:29 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

simon wrote:
And why the fluid level bongs are constant until it gets so low the sloshing does not affect the sensor reading...

at least it doesn't go "bong bing" like the D2's do, I always used to expect a tannoy announcement when mine used to do it! Shocked
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #2728210th Nov 2005 1:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

Though I have gained trust in the car and the off road days have really helped cement my faith in it... just the bong reminds me of the suspension errors I had not long after taking delivery.

Post #2729010th Nov 2005 3:07 pm
espri

Austria 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

My VW Caravelle also boings when the temperature drops below 4°C; maybe it's a kind of standard. If memory serves me right, it also boings again at -4°C and perhaps when the temp rises again. However, as we're still in a warm autumn, I can't really remember the details from last winter. I haven't had any problem with repeated warnings but maybe our weather's steadier than in Britain! 8)

Eric

Post #2736810th Nov 2005 10:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >