Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

Fuel Burning Heater (FBH) not starting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

If you have the timer mod and use it, the remote or a gsm signal to start the FBH, the outside temperature is irrelevant. It will start when told to start.

I'm not technical in any way so don't know if Colin of BBS's bit of kit that Wiggs etc use to tweak and activate features could be used to adjust the standard starting temperature. I know it can be used to prime the FBH so maybe something that Wiggs could comment on.
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #56438413th Dec 2009 11:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

No adjustments can be made with the faultmate ...just prime the system as said
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #56443313th Dec 2009 1:31 pm
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

woody32 wrote:

press the flame symbol on the timer, wait 3 seconds and pull the 20a fuse, wait 3 secs reinsert the fuse and then press the flame button again wait 3 seconds and pull the fuse again, wait 3 seconds and re insert the fuse the FBH should then fire up as soon as the fuse connects

Thanks to Woody for this info. I had tried disconnecting the FBH a couple of times to reset it with no results!
But tried the above and it fired up on the second pressing of the flame button & yes it is fuse no. 28.

Thanks again Very Happy

Nick
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #56553915th Dec 2009 6:27 pm
woody32
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 LR3 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Thumbs Up
 Wanted D4s non runners pm for competitive price.
IID Pro MV License - D3/4 RRS - Enabling, Updates,Transmission flushing.
Mobile or workshop,PM for details.

Post #56578916th Dec 2009 1:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dave T

England 

After all the conflicting posts on here over the last few weeks about whether you need the air con on, off etc I thought I would do a wee experiment over the last couple of days.

As far as an 05 D3 S, I can catagorically say (even if I can't spell it Whistle ) that the FBH should definately come on whether you have econ selected or not.

Post #56764719th Dec 2009 9:40 pm
ELD70

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

My FBH would start whatever the aircon controls were set to last year, this year it only seems to kick in when I go to Auto on the aircon. I wonder what has changed?
 Now driving BMW 330d Touring....misses D3...but not when at traffic lights Smile  
Post #56898322nd Dec 2009 3:54 pm
Reggieb

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Stood there tonight at -2 and mine didn't come on tonight, looks like I'll be locating the fuse and hoping it'll reset. Sure it was working a while ago, been getting the HDC warning on start up since the cold weather so could be the lower voltage inhibiting it ?????????
 TDV6 HSE - Light Guards - White Reflective Sticker
Club--Engel
Club--Satnav on the move (Thanks Pete)
Club--Kumho KL71 (265/70 17) they kick!
Club--Three Musketeers
Club--GNVP Sump Guard (The nuts)
Disco3Club
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. 

Post #56917022nd Dec 2009 9:22 pm
Steve H

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Very Happy Very Happy
I have noticed over the last few days that the FBH has been intermittent in starting. This morning on 2 successive trips it failed to start even though both external temp and coolant temp were low. I thought I'd try the fuse removal to rest it. This didn't work so I decided to remove the power plug (purple/ black wires). I expected to struggle put it pulled straight out rather too easily for my liking. I left it out whilst topping up screen wash etc, refitted it properly and then started the car up, FBH fired straight away.
Anyone having similar problems might be well advised to check that the power connector is properly seated mine wasn't. It has a catch to stop it falling out and this wasn't engaged so the plug was able to move and break the connections randomly. You shouldn't beable to easily remove the plug without first releasing the catch.
The car is an ex demo vehicle and I doubt that the FBH has ever been working correctly from build.
I hope this may help someone.
 D4 SDV6 XS Orkney Grey 

Last edited by Steve H on 24th Dec 2009 5:23 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #56986124th Dec 2009 11:35 am
al cope

England 

Be careful when removing the plug as Steve suggests, as its very easy (it was for me anyway) to pull that plug out, complete with the base plastic that it plugs into!

Although I'd pressed the catch in, it hadnt fuly disengaged. Luckily, some superglue fixed it - what I'm saying is dont be as hamfisted as me Thumbs Up

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #56986824th Dec 2009 11:47 am
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Reggieb wrote:
...so could be the lower voltage inhibiting it ?????????
Almost a certain yes. Even if the volts are good when the unit fires up, the current draw of the fans and pumps could easily bring the volts below the shutdown threshold on an empty battery, at which point it quits trying to burn. Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #56987124th Dec 2009 11:48 am
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

ELD70 wrote:
I wonder what has changed?
Has your car been in for service? They may have upgraded your software. Just like Microsoft, an upgrade isn't the same as getting something that you think is better... Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #56987624th Dec 2009 11:50 am
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Mine won't fire up, if I switch on the heated seats and the headlights etc are all on when I first start it. I think it draws too much power. If I start it and then let then wait for it to start before switching on the seats, lights etc it is fine.

Mine will definitely not start with the climate control off. Not the econ setting as this doesn't affect it, but with the climate control off.

Post #56987924th Dec 2009 11:56 am
red granny

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 3

Just bought my 06 disco3 the FBH starts when i switch of even after a long journey ?

Post #57005824th Dec 2009 7:59 pm
ridgeback_moor

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

red granny, are you sure it's just starting when you turn off? The FBH will keep running for a short while after the burner has been shut down to purge it of fuel and gas etc. I've noticed mine doing exactly that even at the end of my drive to work which is 85 miles of mixed driving. I'm not sure why the FBH is still running after such a long journey as the engine temp is up to the middle of the gauge within 6 miles of home. Does anyone elses FBH still seem to be running at the end of a long journey? Can't say I've noticed it in previous years Confused
 Previously:
2005 D3 2.7 TDV6 S
1984 90 2.25 Petrol CSW
1992 90 200TDi Hard Top
1995 Discovery ES 300TDi
2003 90 TD5 Truck Cab

Post #57014524th Dec 2009 11:49 pm
UKDen

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

ridgeback_moor wrote:
I've noticed mine doing exactly that even at the end of my drive to work which is 85 miles of mixed driving. I'm not sure why the FBH is still running after such a long journey as the engine temp is up to the middle of the gauge within 6 miles of home. Confused

Mine is also still running after a 50 mile journey during the current cold snap Exclamation . I am certain that it did not do this previously. Could well be another software "upgrade", as it was in the stealers last month getting some recall work done!

Post #57023725th Dec 2009 5:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >