Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Fuel Guage reading - now you see it now you don't
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ROYLANCE

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Fuel Guage reading - now you see it now you don't

My MY10 D4 fuel guage I know pretty well and I'm always ready to fuel up once the range gets to around 60miles ish - because I know it doesn't take long before its drops quick to 0 miles - queue mass panic and flapping.

The MY2011 loan car I've got This moring was showing 1/4 of a tank - travel to work a hard trek all of 3 miles and park up.
Leave work start up and !!!! NO FUEL ZERO MILES !!!!
Put £30 in and it's over half a tank
Blimey the guage is worse than mine Rolling with laughter
 2007 RS4 Avant
Gone just when it was looking so good - 2010 HSE, Nara Bronze + RLD dogs danglies Sump PLate & spare wheel protector + Side Steps + Wiggs Remote Climate + 20" Genuine Stormers + Cooper LTZ Bad Boys + Landmark Black Gloss Grille & Vents + Black Gloss Door Handle Skins + Cubby fridge + Sliding Rear Loadspace 

Post #92480125th Apr 2012 7:27 pm
CUCO

Spain 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

this is a real nightmare for long night travelers as me, after 00:00, many gas station close and you have to look at the range to calculate when to refuel the car at the nearest open gas station.

In my car amber light lights up when there are aprox. 37 kilometers of range (36..38..more or less 37), clearly insufficient and dangerous, you could get out of fuel if a gas station you think is open...is closed this time. i have this situation many times and i blame at land rover because a poor fuel gauge medition and worse reserve light on range.

mine is at dealer trying to fix this again, but i think is a lost battle for Land Rover as i see that is not only my car the one affected and not cured, moreover there are a loot of them with a clear fault and lost of accuracy (in some cases very big mistakes in the numbers, the user manual says: the light will glow with more or less 80 kilometers of range...so, 37 is very bad)

I use to read the gauge as an aproximation and not as a reliable guide of how many fuel is in the tank.

if anyone knows how to cure this please post, i will apreciate it.

Many thanks.

(two times in tow different dealers on diferents travels don't cure the problem, will see this time, i hope yes. I'm very happy with my near home dealer and i know they are trying all to fix it)

Post #92490825th Apr 2012 10:11 pm
ROYLANCE

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I had to travel 6 miles in rush hour on fresh air and it's not the first time I've been caught out.
I was just very surprised to see 1/4 of a tank vanish after only covering 3 miles.
On my MY2010 it's not quite as bad but you do not get 45 miles range when the warning light comes on, it's more like 10 the range drops very quick.
Not complaining really just need to warn peeps, keep an eye on your fuel gauges and don't take the range as gospel when it's low.
 2007 RS4 Avant
Gone just when it was looking so good - 2010 HSE, Nara Bronze + RLD dogs danglies Sump PLate & spare wheel protector + Side Steps + Wiggs Remote Climate + 20" Genuine Stormers + Cooper LTZ Bad Boys + Landmark Black Gloss Grille & Vents + Black Gloss Door Handle Skins + Cubby fridge + Sliding Rear Loadspace 

Post #92497426th Apr 2012 12:46 am
Bursztyn

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Long distance drives I always carry two CarPlan Diesel Bell Fuel Can 10L available on Amazon. Better safe than sorry!

Post #92622329th Apr 2012 11:29 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >