Fuel pump replacement.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Fuel pump replacement.

Been a busy weekend!

Changed my in tank fuel pump this weekend. Thought I’d take the opportunity to clean down and paint the fuel tank cover whilst I was at it.

Getting a fuel related fault code which as I’ve got new HP fuel pump and everything else on the engine new (including genuine fuel filter) can only leave the low pressure fuel pump. As it’s done 255,000 miles, not a problem to change it!

Drove the car up my ramps to give a little more clearance.

Then using axle stands and trolley jack, lowered the tank whilst unclipping the various pipes.

Had around 1/4 tank of fuel, but I already knew that the tank had an anti leak device (thanks Clive Symons) so instead of draining it, I just dropped and disconnected the tank and then used a small fuel pump to drain it once the top was off.

There was a fair amount of dirt that had built up over the last 11 years!

Tank cover had rust but not too bad.

Wire brush on a grinder, then some 40grit sanding disks had it cleaned up in no time.

Also cleaned the underside of the chassis where the fuel tank was.
Very little rust behind it tbh but cleaned and coated it with Corroless EPF two pack (that I used in the rest of the chassis when I split the body off earlier in the year.

All back together, bled back through the air and starts no problem.
Didn’t have chance to test drive it to see if it cures the fault code I get but will do that Tuesday evening.

Need a couple of the captives nuts replacing so will get those and fit them Tuesday.

Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #19710685th Aug 2018 10:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
A1tony

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

You've done better than me mate.
Having traced a dodgy fuse to the pump (day and a half to find), I reinstalled everything and then it started to widdle diesel when I filled the tank up. Although it stopped, it starts again when on the move.

So I now have to drop the lot again, but deal with 80kgs of fuel as well Banging Head
 Rimini red TDV6 BAS mapping and remote FBH. EGR blanked. Hawkeye just in case. TSL and Actevo. De Tangoed with full LED's and 32" Light Bar.  
Post #197554819th Aug 2018 8:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >