DISCO4.COM > General

Fuel range remaining
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
mobyone

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Re: London MPG...

k1w1 wrote:
Well not London exactly, but after the Mrs driving the D3 around High Wycombe for a week (yes, that includes the school run), she scored 21 mpg, so not a lot more than you. After the weekend's 1.5 hour runs into the countryside I'm reading 23-24 (on top of her average, not reset), so I'm assuming I was getting 28-30 (in isolation).

Just filled up for the 2nd time (£80). Holy crap batman. That had better last more than the 8 days my 1st fill-up lasted.

I'm thinking of inserting a brick under the go-pedal Monday thru Friday Very Happy

I know I am in the absolute minority when i speak about fuel consumption, as I must be the only owner of a petrol D3 on this forum Big Cry Added to that I'm about 16,000km's away where the diesel sells for about £0.50 per litre. Just for the record my petrol V6 is returning very close to the reported figures of about 23mpg (best) and 14mpg (worst). It still shocks be to read that it costs you guys £80 to fill up!! Shocked .... Man that's gotta hurt! Banging Head Have they sold any petrol version in the UK??? and note that the diesel setup costs about $9000 more here!

Just look at the bright side... Your BMW won't get you through the bog to the servo on the other side.... Mr. Green
 What's the point.... it all comes out in the wash anyway!

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II
05 D3 V6SE, Bonatti Grey, 19"alloys 

Post #4021731st Jan 2006 12:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
croyde

I think that you are right.

The Petrol V8 is not too popular and I have seen massive discounts in sales price.

I was in Australia a few years ago driving around in a Falcon V8 and was constantly amazed at how cheap the petrol was.

God's own country eh! Very Happy

Post #4022431st Jan 2006 1:24 pm
tucker_j

England 

When I took mine on extended test drive before agreeing to buy it I left the dealer with the comp telling me range was 100 miles. Drove 12 miles to my house to get 'permission' from her indoors to buy it. As I pulled off the driveway the comp registered ZERO miles, and it's 3 miles to the nearest garage. Since then I have never paid much attention to the range prediction.

I made a leisurely trip to Hampshire and back over Xmas, sticking to around 70mph on the motorway. When I refilled the tank and checked the MPG I'd managed to get 37 MPG Very Happy (Usually I only get 27 - 29, though the needle is normally pointing towards a 9, and a 0 on the speedo Embarassed )

Post #4027331st Jan 2006 8:41 pm
al cope

England 
Whey hey

After 3700 miles from new, I've finally seen the av MPG go over 30mpg. Actually got to 32.8!

This was straight from filling the tank, onto the motorway (Bham to Manchester this morning).

Best seem to be holding 70Mph, in sixth, on a light throttle.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #407923rd Feb 2006 10:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Well I did a nice VERY steady run from Beaconsfield to St Albans the other day & managed 22. something & managed to get it up to 23! Crying or Very sad
On the other hand the range started at 300 miles & ended at 400+! Confused
It was about +1 so the heater would have been going, but not very good!
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #408033rd Feb 2006 10:59 am
crvfr

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

My 3 week old Disco (Base 7-seat TDV6) has only 800 miles on the clock, but I managed a 400 mile run yesterday on the motorways & A-roads, and ended up with 32.1 mpg, which I was pleased with. Around town in the first 2 weeks it was 24mpg.

Regards,

Charles

Post #408823rd Feb 2006 7:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >