Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Fugitives
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
croyde

Fugitives

Was in a multi-storey the other day for about 20 mins, paid the minimum charge of 90p for 1 hour at the machine then ushered the kids to the car but the baby needed changing.

Got to the exit machine but the ticket said that we had to pay an extra 90p. Buzzed the jobs worth on the intercom who told us that we had to leave the carpark within 10 mins of paying or pay another hours charge.

We pointed out that it was pretty tight when you have kids on the top of the carpark to pay at the machine and get out in that time but he would not budge. Wife was getting upset and he started calling her names so I lost my cool and called him some pretty choice things.

He told us that we would regret insulting him and I tried to back away from the barrier as there were a growing queue of irate motorists trying to leave.

Realising that I was blocking everyone whilst my wife went to pay the 90p I then drove over the high kerbs (beauty of a big 4x4) and left the carpark via the entrance and then waited for the missus.

Thing that gets me is that we are now waiting for the full force of the law to come down on us.

Bloody annoying when nothing was done when we were burgled, attacked, when the cars were vandalised etc but you can be sure that we are looking at some sort of fine for using insulting language and driving away without paying an extra 90p even tho' we have the ticket as proof.

This was in London, hours later we were in a carpark on the South coast when my missus realised that she had lost the ticket (doing well with carparks Laughing ). Thinking that we would be charged a full day we told the attendant, a young student, that we had been there for 4 hours and he said that was OK and charged us accordingly. What a difference in attitude.

Maybe its time to leave London.

Post #10312720th Nov 2006 10:23 am
Pelyma

England 

If you are a crim I'm afraid you will have to sell the D3 and buy a RRS Wink Sorry to hear of your problems, I wonder if you had been in a different car their reaction would have been the same?
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #10313020th Nov 2006 10:30 am
SN

Re: Fugitives

croyde wrote:
Maybe its time to leave London.
You only just realised that? Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #10320620th Nov 2006 2:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed

England 

Pelyma wrote:
If you are a crim I'm afraid you will have to sell the D3 and buy a RRS Wink Sorry to hear of your problems, I wonder if you had been in a different car their reaction would have been the same?

Oi! Evil or Very Mad
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #10320920th Nov 2006 2:20 pm
Tonyrec

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Sorry to hear of your experience.
Rest assured that you wont experience the strong arm of the Law......they are too busy out there catching real crims.

The strong arm of the carpark cartels are a different story...........as if they dont get enough money out of us eh?
Whilst im on my soapbox.....they never seem to do anything about the pain in the Censored people who park in the mother and baby spaces!

Jobsworths......(not Police tho) Smile

Post #10321320th Nov 2006 2:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >