Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

General AT2 Mileage.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 
General AT2 Mileage.

This afternoon we have had a customer in with his D3 for new tyres, two and a half years ago we fitted 255/55x18 General AT2's, yes I know not the correct size but the 255/60x18 were not available at the time.

Anyway he has now after 64,000 miles decieded to go for a new set of the right size, O.K I can hear you say "what a load of old nuts" but I can only feed you the info we are given and he is a very nice chap so no reason to not believe him. Bow down

Tyres had worn very evenley and were still just legal, just thought this info would help when making your tyre choices, I still have loads of time for the AT2's, just wish we had a 19". Thumbs Up

Not quite as good as the BFGoodrich for tread life but a close second.

Andy.

Post #53497915th Oct 2009 5:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Snowy

England 

Can well believe that Andy, I've done 31K on my AT2s and there's approx 6-7mm tread left.
 The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us yet.  
Post #53498515th Oct 2009 6:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I don't think the AT2s would be of much use just above the legal limit of 1.6mm, but it's good to know they can go that far Thumbs Up

I've done 25,000km on mine and they're still looking good, but I think I'll be changing them when they get down to 4mm or a bit earlier....

AT2s, the same as road tyres or in fact any other AT pattern are a pretty crap in thick, deep mud as it is Whistle Still a cracking all-round tyre though Thumbs Up
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #53499115th Oct 2009 6:17 pm
WaznotWas

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Kin brilliant all round tyre - never had a problems and always had high mileage out of them... Thumbs Up

Probably get a puncture on the M25 now Big Cry Big Cry Rolling with laughter
 FORECAST FOR TONIGHT: things have happened out there!!!
The countryside is still OURS!!
Club 3 Musketeers, Club D3C, Club Midland CB, Club Vertex PMR, Club GNVP Sump Plate, Club GNVP Sliders, Club Uncle Ray Spare Wheel Protector, Club Smooth Steering Wheel, Club McStuckie
07 HSE Z Silver, black leather, Black RRS badges,
19" anthracite wheels - off, 18" Silver / General AT2's - on,
300 TDI Disco 1 - Sheltering the lawn! 

Post #53499215th Oct 2009 6:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >