Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

General Grabber pressures?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Tassierob

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
General Grabber pressures?

This may have been covered on this thread but as AT2's seem to be the 18" tyre of choise for a lot of people I would be interested to know what pressures you run in your tyres in different terrain.

My new SE is sporting a set thanks to a dealer trade in and run at the LR recommended pressures they seem a little on the low side on the road....so if you could be so kind.

On road pressure?

Rock and mud pressure?

Sand pressure?

Any other advise on getting even wear on these tyres.

Thank you in advance to the collected brains trust on this great site Bow down
 Life is short...get it dirty...as often as you can.
TDV6 SE, ARB Bar, Warn 9000lb winch,Kamar rear bar/tyre carrier/jerry can holder, IBS duel battery system,Safari Snorkel, Black Widow draw system, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 240XGT driving lights, Hemma GPS, Tyre Dog tyre monitor system, Mickey Thompson MTZ 265/70/17, Off Roving rock sliders, Hannibal Rooftop Tent, Open Sky awning. 

Post #37473617th Nov 2008 8:03 am
Donald

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Tassierob,
I have done about 16,000 miles on mine and they still look like new - so I reckon on about 40,000 +.
I run at 33 front, 36 rear for road use, towing and general off road. Heavy mud or Scottish peat bogs can mean 20 psi all round but I've not found that necessary too often. Sorry the most sand running I do is on hard sand, I assume you'll have more deep soft stuff and dunes to tackle. Did a bit during the D3 launch DSC off, sand mode on, command shift second or third, I think the tyres - Goodyear MTR - were about 18psi if I remember but some off the regular sand runners will be more precise.
Donald
 Chipped, K&N, tow pack, AT2's, Mantec, fridge in boot, invertor, Garmin, laptop/Memory Map, Optima yellow top, Traxide Kit, Phillips Extreme bulbs  
Post #37500717th Nov 2008 8:38 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Standard pressures are fine for road / track use, only drop in mud if absolutely necessary as this exposes the sidewalls to damage.... In sand & shale I've used 20 front 25 rear (due to loads of kit, if you're running light then 20/20) if you get really stuck without the chassis being bottomed out then 10psi front & rear will allow you to drive across just about any virgin sand - watch out for pinching the sidewalls though! 15psi is really the safe minimum across large expanses of sand

Post #37503917th Nov 2008 9:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tassierob

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks for the info...it sounds like I can expect good wear if they are run at recommended pressures in the road.
We have really soft sand on our West Coast beaches here. It can actually become quicksand when water from the back of the beach flows under the sand and comes out near the waters edge in a bubbling soup like consistency.
So avoid at all costs...let the tyres down to minimum and keep going...there have actually been many vehicles lost there over the years Crying or Very sad I definitely don't want to fall into that camp so keeping the tyre on the rim is rather important you might say Shocked
 Life is short...get it dirty...as often as you can.
TDV6 SE, ARB Bar, Warn 9000lb winch,Kamar rear bar/tyre carrier/jerry can holder, IBS duel battery system,Safari Snorkel, Black Widow draw system, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 240XGT driving lights, Hemma GPS, Tyre Dog tyre monitor system, Mickey Thompson MTZ 265/70/17, Off Roving rock sliders, Hannibal Rooftop Tent, Open Sky awning. 

Post #37508817th Nov 2008 10:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >