Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Here we go again.... EPB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
logical001

United Kingdom 
Here we go again.... EPB

My D4 went in for a main dealer service and as the car was being dropped back the dreaded handbrake screech o' death happened. The main problem is that the EPB module was changed by them 6 months ago under warranty and the hand brake has been applied no more than 20 times since as it isn't our daily driver. In fact our D4 is fundamentally a bloody expensive part of our 'camping kit'.

Anyway, it has properly failed. Has anyone else had this happen? Are they so poorly made that this isn't uncommon or are the garage not doing something correctly for it to fail so quickly?

Thankfully am not on the hook for this, but it tight in terms of time before I leave for holidays on Friday. Also I don't fancy getting stuck in Cornwall and not being able to move....I hear some the locals already have their pitch forks sharpened for the summer holiday mass exodus on Saturday Rolling with laughter

Kindest,

Jonathan

Post #216071013th Jul 2020 2:00 pm
Ali1971

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Plenty on here had it, some of gotten away with EPB reset and setup, me not so Sad Cost me plenty from an Indi to put it right. New discs/pads and EPB unit all brand new. Only way to keep the warranty on the EPB. At least this time the dealer will have to take the hit in your case ! Have to say its pretty crap, prefer the old fashioned cable /release Laughing

Post #216071913th Jul 2020 3:07 pm
logical001

United Kingdom 

Yeah, it seems a common thing that EPB replacement means new brake shoes and a strip down or would not be covered. I then told them that the fitted shoes are new and the car has done Censored all miles!

From reading Bodsy's excellent brake bible cover to cover, you have to do a handbrake bedding in process on the EPB. I assume the dealers also have to do this? If so, I wonder how often it ACTUALLY gets done.

Anyway, it clearly a crap design and I would happily welcome a conventional handbrake mod if such a thing existed.

Kindest,

Jonathan

Post #216072313th Jul 2020 3:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >