Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Good deals around at present if you look hard enough
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Tonyrec

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Good deals around at present if you look hard enough

Ive been reading posts about people looking at buying imported cars, SEs for around £36k and HSEs for around £39k.

From what we have found out, if you ask the right questions and at the present time, these deals are just about available from UK dealers without all the possible hassle (certainly on the SE).

About 4 years ago i purchased a SAAB Con from Germany, full uk spec.....in fact it was ordered for me. There were no probs with it but i did have to get it 'put' on the uk servicing computers and it was always known as an import.
When i came to sell it, i got correspondingly less for it as it was an 'import'.

As long as you remember this when you come to sell it, i just think that if it costs £500 or £1000 more then its better to buy from a UK Dealer.

If you do the legwork then you will get a good deal.

This is evident from a dealer who was giving us a great deal who told me that he would make up the deficit on the next car he sells.

Thats when this site comes into its own, giving people the necessary info on what to and what not to do.

Just a thought!

Post #4430925th Feb 2006 9:51 am
Jads777

Guernsey 

Why does the SE seem to be so unloved?

Post #4441425th Feb 2006 10:05 pm
Tonyrec

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Its probably better value (pound for pound) than the HSE.

Post #4443525th Feb 2006 11:54 pm
knightma

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Quote:
Ive been reading posts about people looking at buying imported cars, SEs for around £36k and HSEs for around £39k.

From what we have found out, if you ask the right questions and at the present time, these deals are just about available from UK dealers without all the possible hassle (certainly on the SE).

I can confirm this. I bought an SE one month ago with ₤1580 worth of extras for ₤36k. It was a straight cash deal with no trade-in, the discount worked out to be 6.67%. Got done on the carpet mats though. Day of delivery, "would Sir like some carpet mats, the car doesn't come with them as standard". An extra ₤100 for that so I would advise getting them included in the initial deal. It's obviously a little trick to catch people after the deal is sealed as they don't appear in the price list. The fuel tank also just about had enough to get me to the nearest garage. All in all though I was very happy with the deal and the car is superb, no problems so far.

I work in Germany so I did some research with regards buying a RHD there. Be very careful with regards to specs. Basically the UK S is a German SE and the UK SE is a German HSE. When a totally like for like spec is compared the basic prices were about ₤100 more in Germany so certainly doesn't make sense at the current €/₤ exchange rate of 1.46.

Post #4447126th Feb 2006 3:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >