Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Greetings from ...........
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 47 of 66 <123 ... 464748 ... 646566>
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Not seen that film in ages, will wait til I’m passing London Docklands then I’ll be in the right place. Laughing Deffo R&R today, there are various pools to explore and the beach. And general slobbing to be undertaken.

Seen lots of these boats in daytime, mostly bigger than this but the boats out in the Gulf of Thailand (I think) are this small type.

Click image to enlarge

And the first time seeing them lit up doing their thing. Rubbish pic but I’d just been enjoying one or two many ca phe martinis & mojitos. Whistle

Click image to enlarge

SWMBO thought it was buildings along a road, in spite of admiring the view of water to the horizon a couple of hours deviously. Told her this morning that they had taken down the road already as it was just a temporary diversion for roadworks. Laughing

Post #204811524th Apr 2019 2:24 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Evening all, as they said on Dixon of Dock Green. Thumbs Up

Not a lot happening, just happily slobbing and enjoying the pool & beach here. Lovely temp, a nice moderate 33c, though the sea feels like a hot bath. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

And greetings from Phu Quoc Larry. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Post #204821824th Apr 2019 12:57 pm
Pelyma

England 

Come down to the South Coast and you'll see plenty of Vietnamese origin folks fishing like this off piers and wharfs. The bright light attracts small fish which are netted or snagged, its illegal which makes them very unpopular especially as the authorities do little about it.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #204822324th Apr 2019 1:11 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Seems pretty mainstream here, just before sunset there were loads of boats out ready to switch on. Still chuckle at SWMBO thinking it was a road. Laughing Laughing

Post #204823424th Apr 2019 1:34 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Evening all. Thumbs Up

Not a lot happening here, just slobbing and drinking cocktails. Just thought I’d share tonight’s lovely sunset. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Post #204904327th Apr 2019 1:25 pm
Pelyma

England 

It’s a bit like that here Del, except trees are horizontal and it feels like -10.

Post #204904827th Apr 2019 1:42 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

There ya go, just like Blighty. Who says I’m not sensitive to these things? Whistle Whistle

Click image to enlarge

PS I could put the AC in the room down as close to -10 as it will go but it doesn’t get below +22c in there. Thumbs Up

PPS SWMBO doesn’t think peeps here will see the funny side but I know better. Laughing

Post #204905027th Apr 2019 1:45 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Morning all, and greetings from da fishies. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Bit of a thunderstorm earlier on so sympathetic weather cf UK, plus just been watching tail end of Day After Tomorrow to remind us of what we left. Whistle

Post #204919028th Apr 2019 5:54 am
Pelyma

England 

You’ll need a lot of chips there Del Thumbs Up

Post #204919628th Apr 2019 7:29 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Now that’s a thought that had passed through my head a couple of times. Laughing Plus will need a few lemon wedges. Whistle

PS we both had salmon steaks for breakie, maybe we should have done a fin count before we went in. Thumbs Up

Post #204919828th Apr 2019 7:31 am
DSL

Ukraine 

And greetings from Saigon, as in “Saigon, Censored still only in Saigon” Saigon. The hotel’s the IC Saigon and as they haven’t knocked it down or forced a rename I think I’m ok still using the old name. Besides the main railway station is Ga Sai Gon. Whistle

More relics of back in the day. F-5, A-37 & Huey in there, plus a patriotic 37mm AAA somewhere.

Click image to enlarge

Plus a government car (from the plate & flag) outside our hotel. I knew I should have kept my IID and bought a key, just in case. Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Floppy afternoon, it’s a hot one here. Prob 36c & strong sun, booooooootiful. 8)

ps and unexpectedly got upgraded to a very nice suite. Happy days.

Post #204940629th Apr 2019 9:01 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Morning all, another booooooootiful day in Saigon, on what is a fairly auspicious date in history, 30th April. It’s the 54th anniversary of the day Saigon fell and the victorious revolutionary brothers and sisters of the north kicked out the pesky American led puppet government of the south and the country was unified. Or the North finally managed to take over the South and inflict its communist philosophies on the freedom loving peeps down here by force. Choose yer version. Thumbs Up

First thing to see, the end of a cycle race. Makes you sweat just looking at that schedule in mid 30s heat!!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

We saw a procession go out from the hotel room, then went down to join the throngs of peeps.

The procession bikes coming back. Note a fair few cheating with engines and some that had picked up a passangers along the way, plus with bread basket for when they need to set up lunch.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Then a long, very hot wait for the main event rolling in. This chap won it. Well he crossed what we think was the official finish line which had just been laid in packing tape by the two chaps in green gillets.

Click image to enlarge

And to get a gauge on the excitement level here on the ground. It doesn’t convey the heat, mid to high 30s and I was sweating like a porkie jammed in, much to the amusement of the locals. How do you know it’s hot (like above 36c) in Vietnam? The peeps are no longer wearing puffa jackets.

Then to find a shady place to sit & relax after all that excitement. And a chance to savour this poster proclaiming the 65th anniversary of kicking out those pesky French. They really don’t like invaders here, incl the Chinese that thought it was a good idea in 1978 to invade. Silly move.

Click image to enlarge

Nice tranquil looking view of the old Presidential Palace, which belies the fact it was hooching with visitors. Will pop in on a quieter day. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

The gates I took the pic through are the same place the NVA came through 54 years ago.

Click image to enlarge

A couple of those tanks are still there. Doesn’t say much for T-54 reliability. Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Then a bit of a wander around central HCMC in the heat, hot but not humid so lovely. Popped in to travel agent for rail passes for next part of jollies, and sorted out where we’ll get the fast boat out to Vung Tau for a day trip next week.

Nice views of the Mission Impossible building.

Click image to enlarge

The top bit is the Heiniken Brewery Experience tour, that’s on the cards for later. Mr. Green

Then back to hotel for nice iced chocolate, plus views over N HCM. Booooootiful. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Post #204968630th Apr 2019 7:26 am
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

DSL wrote:
Plus a government car (from the plate & flag) outside our hotel. I knew I should have kept my IID and bought a key, just in case. Whistle

It’s a diplomat vehicle (so technically you’re correct saying government car) based on the red NG on the license plate. Thumbs Up

Post #204969130th Apr 2019 7:52 am
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

I'm surprised you didn't join in the cycle race Whistle I'm sure you could've acquired a bicycle from somewhere, you've already got the lycra Laughing

Not sure it's official title is Mission Impossible Building Laughing
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #204973830th Apr 2019 11:31 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Sadly left all my Lycra at home, mind you should be able to find some here. Whistle Whistle

Now that’ll really please SWMBO. Laughing Laughing

Got a good table in the lounge to watch the fireworks here tonight. Will see if I’m still awake by then as it’s 2 hours of free booze before then. Whistle

Post #204974330th Apr 2019 11:40 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 47 of 66 <123 ... 464748 ... 646566>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >