Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

I (was) very happy today.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Antjp

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
I (was) very happy today.

I was very happy today. New gg x3 tyres fitted and balenced at 11am Stockport. A good job done too.
At 3:15pm I had my passenger door crashed into. (My fault) I'm totally gutted. It's my 1st crash with another car. We have all survived, but the lady who hit My disco has suffered a bump on her head possibly from her drivers window, I hope she will be ok. Our cars can be repaired.

Post #189009614th Dec 2017 3:22 am
Fitzy73

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Sorry to hear your news.

I’m sure it will all be sorted out quickly, so just let your insurance company deal with it and try and forget about it.
 Andy

Post #189009814th Dec 2017 5:51 am
Antjp

That's all I can do. Big Cry
I just keep thinking
if I had gone a different way to my destination. (The 1 I was considering going). None of this would have happened.
Your right. Put it to the back of my mind.
An annoying thing is, I see others doing what I did all the time at that same junction and If I see a car creeping for a view, i slow down, or even let them out if eye contact isn't made.
I'm not trying to justify that I didn't make a mistake here but I spotted somthing on the girls part which could of contributed to this incident.
I moved the girls car for her off the busy road onto the side street whilst she was shaken up a bit and she asked me too, when getting in I spotted her mobile iPhone on charge on the floor near the clutch pedal which I had to move to press the clutch, it was lit up on txt messaging and the keypad was open with some writing typed in but not sent(I have a iPhone so I know how it works). It only clicked in my head once I got home and rewound everything that had happened in my head. The reason I think she didn't see me creeping for a view is that 100% attention wasn't being payed on the road and its surroundings.
I hope it's a lesson learnt if it was down to txt message distraction. . As it was school finishing time at 3pm at this location, there's kids everywhere and it could of been anything stepping between cueing cars.
Obviously there's no proof of what I've said above but it's worth mentioning if it stops others.
But I'm not saying I was doing the right thing. I was doing the wrong thing too. That's why it happened, I should of known better.

Post #189012014th Dec 2017 7:41 am
Fireburst

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Sorry to hear about your incident, did you report it to the police? Its important to do so within 24 hours especially if she had any sort of injury.

I had an accident a few months ago when a pedestrian stepped of the kerb and fell across the bonnet of my XK Jag (lucky I did not have the Disco at the time) she was not injured and no vehicle damage, however I thought it best to report it. Lucky I did as her husband was a cop, I had the police round to take a statement and after 3 months received a letter saying they would be taking no action against me.

Post #189016414th Dec 2017 9:43 am
Antjp

No we didn't report it to the police. To be honest we was both clueless of what to do. We did a lot of standing about and chatting. In the end we came away each with insurance policy brands and numbers, names, mobile numbers, addresses. I contacted my insurance company at the side of the road and told them the full report of what happened, I even told them that she bumped her head in her car on the right side of her forehead. They never mentioned for me to call the police at all.

Post #189025214th Dec 2017 3:16 pm
Sea Raider

Phone 101 and make them aware.
If she talks to the 'right' person, very quickly she'll be perusing a claim against you.

You've been involved in a reportable Road Accident due to injury caused.
No ifs, no buts.
Get an incident number even if they don't want to record it/
look after No.1

Post #189025714th Dec 2017 3:25 pm
Antjp

The police have just been informed guys. Thanks for letting me know.

Post #189028214th Dec 2017 4:12 pm
Antjp

Ive had my disco back for a week now and enjoying it. The 1 year old Ford Fiesta courtesy car has made me notice how well my disco actually drives.

Post #191591718th Feb 2018 7:24 am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

Shocking, aren’t they? Roger Young’s, at Saltash, used to provide those as loan cars if you didn’t arrive early enough and at least managed to grab a Freeloader 2. I thought it would be agile and fun to drive, but it just felt cheap and flimsy Rolling Eyes Glad you’ve got your proper car back though Thumbs Up

It never does to think “if only”! If you’d gone another way, or to another place, you might have had a much worse accident (God forbid!) and been left wishing you’d gone your original way! Rolling Eyes
 2011 - 2015: 3 x FL2
2015 - 2017: 2 x D4
2017 to date: FFRR SDV8
2023 to date: FL2 as a second car

2021 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200
2022 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200 & sidecar!
(One of only two known to exist in the world!) 

Post #191592118th Feb 2018 7:37 am
life - live it

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

IF you have the approx. time of the accident, and you have now contacted the police and told them what has happened.
Thy will be able to retrieve all information on mobile phones and what time calls / text were made.

This wont resolve the accident, but it will help put you at ease if the person you hit was at fault

good luck

Post #191592718th Feb 2018 7:55 am
James W

United Kingdom 

Surely they wouldn't go to that bother as there's no serious injury or suspected offence really to investigate? Confused
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - WTF does this button do 

Post #191593618th Feb 2018 9:02 am
Antjp

Taggart wrote:
IF you have the approx. time of the accident, and you have now contacted the police and told them what has happened.
Thy will be able to retrieve all information on mobile phones and what time calls / text were made.

This wont resolve the accident, but it will help put you at ease if the person you hit was at fault

good luck

No it was my fault because I was the one joining her road. My insurance company wasn't interested when I told them about the phone. Something was distracting her because I crept out pretty far for her to hit my door and not my wing. If somthing was hit I'd rarther it the door than my wheel tho with my hours old new tyres and wheel alignment checked.
Surprising she hasn't claimed for injurys. Her claim is about £800 which I suspect is a Ford Focus 1998's value

Post #191602818th Feb 2018 1:38 pm
Erea

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

You might have been hit by an honest person who felt the bump on her head was only just a bump and that the £800 covered her costs.

Post #191604818th Feb 2018 2:33 pm
Antjp

She was a nice Scottish girl to be honest. We chatted for about a hour at the side of the road before going our seperate ways. She sent me a text message saying she was ok. I also replayed saying sorry for putting her out and disrupting her plans.

Post #191627319th Feb 2018 7:11 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Not everyone is a shark out to bite you! Glad you got it all sorted amicably.

If it was not for the compensation culture of today, we would be a lot better off.

Post #191627619th Feb 2018 7:27 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >