Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Discovery 5 - L462

Heated Seat Controls + comments from seeing car in person
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mralig

United Kingdom 
Heated Seat Controls + comments from seeing car in person

Just went out to Westfield to sit in the new Discovery.

It's a small point but I can't believe they have reverted back to controlling the heated seats on the nav screen. This is pretty much the most annoying thing in the RRS and I believe they rectified it in recent models due to the number of complaints. Thus it makes no sense to revert to it again.

Further comments having sat in the car.

Spoke to very helpful LR guy there.

I liked it, I stand by it appears to just be a slightly longer RRS. They said it feels similar to drive, but a little higher. At some points LR guy agreed it was really just a more practical RRS and described a Discovery Sport as a more practical Evoque. At other points when I said it was too slow and underpowered for a £60,000 car he said it wasn't if you compared it to a D4 and that D4 drivers would be pleasantly surprised by the upgrade. It's a much more expensive car and in some ways so unlike a D4 I don't think it is the correct point of reference. The D4 is also a very old car!

Much more space in third row than RRS. I could sit in it with the second row fully back, I am 5'8. Even with the second row fully forward I struggle to get in third row of RRS. Big difference is having a footwell and being able to put feet under row two. This also made it easier to get in as you have to climb up onto a hump under row 2 in the RRS.

I did find I prefer the RRS single sunroof as the split roof seems to give the less used third row a sunroof, but not the middle row.

Boot space behind the third row is disappointing as I had thought from looking at pics. Q7 is much better in this regard for a similar length of car.

Front is basically identical to RRS except the lack of digital dash and better storage. LR guy said it was a cheaper car so didn't get digital dash. I pointed out that you can now get a digital dash in an Audi A3!

When I enquired about the Ingenium 6 cylinder engines he said they'd be a "long time" whatever that means.

Post #172490526th Oct 2016 4:23 pm
jimbg

United Kingdom 

Useful report, do you have an RRS at the moment?

I have had 2 RRS1's from new and have ordered a Discovery 5 as I think it is a more relevant replacement for the RRS1 than a RRS2.

Last edited by jimbg on 26th Oct 2016 6:07 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #172491826th Oct 2016 4:54 pm
Mralig

United Kingdom 

RRS SDV6 HSE Dynamic. Unfortunately they only let you add the Discovery to your profile.

I am very pleased with the RRS, it is making it very hard to pick my next car.

Post #172492726th Oct 2016 5:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >