Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Tips & Tricks

Heated seats in Oz
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
aud2hsetd

Australia 
Heated seats in Oz

I am currently seriously considering D3HSE, but in Australia LR in their wisdom have not made them [heated seats] available...however my current LR as per sign in, also was not available with them either ..BUT...after speaking to one of the service guys on a Friday afternoon..before or after Friday arvo drinks..he said to me on the quiet .."they are there you know.." yep they deleted putting the buttons on the dash but the leather front seats still had heater elements installed...' 'all you need is the switches to activate them.."" !!! so yes after parting with some hard earned $s, we ordered the dash switches and we got seats hooked up.

..SOOO...as the UK version of the D3HSE has plethera of heated seats front and back, has anyone here in Oz asked the question...in the D2 to check he needed to remove the centre console box then on the carpeted transmission tunnel underneath sat the wiring looms for each of the seats...this location of course may have changed for D3, but it may be worth the ask or investigation [2 buttons ~ $200 + fitting $100 < $1500 option if it was available]..

david

Post #6379615th Jun 2006 6:13 am
catweasel

as you seem friendly with the service guy maybe you could quiz him about the seats and see if other stuff is there but not activated like electric folding mirrors perhaps as a NZ member says he has them on his D3

Catweasel

Post #6385015th Jun 2006 11:24 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I doubt it's just the switches you bought, the HEVACS control panel is also the ECU so it would be a complete unit, also, fitting takes about 10 mins so $100 seems a bit steep Wink

Post #6389815th Jun 2006 3:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >