Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

Do I have a heater?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
mallo

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

The pro is only that price so its unlocked and can be used on any D3/D4.

If you get the standard IID and lock it to your D4 it will do all you need and more, it will save you well more £300 -£400 if you intend doing some of the work yourself.

You can always sell it on later and to transfer it to another D3/D4 is a nominal amount.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #189245220th Dec 2017 3:18 pm
discoteca

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

It is just a software change, it's just that a main dealer can't do it. One of the forum sponsors with IID Pro would do it for you in 2 mins for very few ££ I suspect, if you just asked Smile

Post #189245620th Dec 2017 3:28 pm
Space Cadet

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks all.

I had a brain-wave yesterday and remembered one of those small independent garages in my village where I’d had a non LR car MOT’d earlier this year - well they had lots of LR’s about and were actually shipping some Defenders off to the US (to have V8’s put in!), so I thought I’d give them a call…..

They are going to see me first-thing tomorrow to switch any settings on that I want, they coincidentally had just done the same for a customer who had fitted the remote-kit.

So first thing first, I’ll get the timer option switched on, once that’s done and I know the heater is working ok I’ll then think about fitting the remote kit, knowing that I can just take it back there to have that function switched on.

While I’m at it, are there any other options that I should have switched-on?

I have tire pressure sensors, but not the option to see the pressures or set them – only the option to toggle between high-load and low-load, so I’ll get this switched on.

Any others???

Post #189266221st Dec 2017 10:23 am
Space Cadet

I took the car to the garage this morning, they had a very impressive heavy-duty iPad looking tablet that plugged into to the obd port. It all looked pretty straightforward and easy to use.

The "Fuel Burning Heater" section brought up 6 options - and what it was set to:

*Callstart - no Callstart

*Fuel burning heater - Fitted

*PTC heater - Not fitted

*Park heater - Not fitted

*Additional heater - Fuel fire heater (I think we may have set it to this to see what it was, might not have been like that as standard)

*Electric car heater - Less Elec Heat

We looked at every option and non were anything resembling turning on the Timer option.

The Callstart option however looked promising and brought up three further sub-options:

*No callstart

*Callstart pager

*Callstart radio (this is the option to tick when fitting the remote kit, as he had only done one in the last few days)

So the good news is that the remote kit should work ok if I fit one, but the bad news is that we can't make the timer control appear in the touchscreen.

Is this correct or are we misreading something?? Are all the o
Settings above ok?

Out of interest, what is the Electtric car heater? Because the sub-options did refer to timers:

*Less elec heat

*Elec heat timer

*Elec heat less timer

These couldn't be anything to do with the FBH timer could it??

Thanks!

Post #189324322nd Dec 2017 8:26 pm
OJ

Scotland 

Post removed

Last edited by OJ on 23rd Dec 2017 11:49 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #189325622nd Dec 2017 8:48 pm
Space Cadet

Many thanks! Did you mean literally that I won't be able to change the Callstart options until the remote kit is fitted? (This makes perfect sense) In which case I won't be doing this anyway until I've fitted the kit. Or is the timer option only available if the remote kit is fitted??

Were the two screen-shots just the options needed to choose to turn the timer option on? Is this independent of the remote kit/ Callstart?

Apologies if I'm being dim.

From memory your screen-shot options may have been different or differently worded to mine, I think we looked at all the HVAC options and couldn't see anything regarding the FBH. There was a separate screen all of its own for this.

Why do the ACM options need to be changed???

Regarding the Park Heater, do I need to turn this on, irrespective of the FBH already being on? The option though was whether it was fitted or not, not to turn it on...

Post #189326022nd Dec 2017 9:01 pm
OJ

Scotland 

Post removed

Last edited by OJ on 23rd Dec 2017 11:50 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #189326622nd Dec 2017 9:20 pm
Space Cadet

Thanks again, much appreciated!

So once I've fitted the remote kit we'll turn the Callstart option on - that's that sorted.

Given my options, do you think I need to 'unfit' the FBH and then 'fit' the Park heater, or do I 'fit' both?

I found something when Googling that it may be the D4 either has remote, or timed, not both. On the basis that if you've fitted the remote kit you wouldn't want the timer option....

TBH once I've fitted the remote kit I don't think I'll ever use the timer either" it's just one of those "if I can have it then I want it" options.

I'm unclear whether the Park heater is the FBH or if it's an additional heater of some sort? If they're the same then why would I have two options.

I don't want to inadvertently turn off the automatic function in amongst all this.

Post #189328122nd Dec 2017 9:59 pm
OJ

Scotland 

Post removed

Last edited by OJ on 23rd Dec 2017 11:50 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #189330822nd Dec 2017 10:58 pm
Space Cadet

Thanks!

Its all starting to make a bit more sense.

The tablet thing the garage used wasn't an IID tool, it was a 'proper' workshop diagnostic tool, anyway, the options and names were different to those appearing on your IID screen-shots. We weren't able to change any FBH options as such - only click whether it was fitted or not. It did however have the separate Park Heater option:

*Callstart - no Callstart

*Fuel burning heater - Fitted

*PTC heater - Not fitted

*Park heater - Not fitted

*Additional heater - Fuel fire heater

*Electric car heater - Less Elec Heat

Therefore I wonder if unclicking the FBH to show "Not fitted" and then clicking the Park heater to show "Fitted" this would effectively do what your IID tool does by changing "Fitted STD" to "Fitted Parking Heat"

Post #189332523rd Dec 2017 12:03 am
OJ

Scotland 

Your software differs from mine by the sounds of it, I’m pretty sure its the Park Heater option you need to enable, All the best and i hope you get sorted, probably better if you get a site sponsor like Bodsy or one of the other guys nearer you to set this up for you with a IID Pro tool, seems like the garage isn’t that experienced if they don’t know what to enable.
Thumbs Up

Post #189341123rd Dec 2017 11:48 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >