Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Heating is useless in the D4!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 15 <123 ... 1112 131415>
MatR

Switzerland 2016 LR4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Zermatt SilverLR4

Should have mentioned, mines a 2016 Landmark. My previous 2014 HSE never had this issue !

Post #199628730th Oct 2018 8:01 am
SimSamSeven

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Thanks Mathew, I will do that and report back on findings.

Post #199629030th Oct 2018 8:13 am
peteyd

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Just catching up on this thread, sorry if this is covered already.

When I got my D4 in 2016, I got a Bluetooth IID tool at the same time, and I reported a weird sensor finding: Windshield Interior Surface Temp at 520 degrees C. Assumption was this was wrong, and the fault was with the IID Tool. I did report it to them but didn't hear back.

Given the info on removing the windscreen temperature probe is helping, perhaps this is related? Would be interesting to know what values people get on the IID tool for D4s that have heating problems v. D4s that do not. I'll check mine again tonight.

Original thread with picture here:

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/iidtool-blu...p;start=15
 MY16 D4 Graphite in Loire Blue  
Post #199630730th Oct 2018 8:46 am
philm

England 

My screen temp reads the same.
 L633 Defender
Range Rover Velar-gone
Discovery 4 Landmark-gone
Gap IID Tool 

Post #199631730th Oct 2018 9:05 am
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Hi Paul et al

I would be interested in an approach to watchdog, but from a person perspective, I had my heating 'fixed' in the summer and only now the outside temp has cooled down get a chance to test out that fix. So I would like to do this first and report back. (Don't hold out too much hope, for obvious reasons...)

I think the idea of using the IID to see if there is a common issue with the sensor is a good one that might provide a lead. Be good to get further reports.

Philm, when you say yours is the same, do you mean it is ready 520 degrees C like Peteyd?
Cheers
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #199636230th Oct 2018 11:28 am
peteyd

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Interesting, just found this other thread which provides further anecdotal support for the theory:

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/cabin-tempe...67313.html
 MY16 D4 Graphite in Loire Blue  
Post #199640530th Oct 2018 1:45 pm
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

DSL wrote:
Totally unbelievable that a supposedly premium brand manufacturer can produce cars in this millennium that cost £50+k that have heating systems that are totally useless. And no, I don’t accept their bolldocks about working within “design intent”, if that’s what their designers intended they should restrict their intake of jelly babies or narcotics. Rolling Eyes

Had the same crap from them on the surround cameras AND heating on mine Del - over £50k for a car that had surround camera reminiscent of a VHS cassette quality and heating that did the complete opposite.

The D3 had none of those issues (even if the 2.7 wasn't as much fun as the 3.0 8 speed)
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #199651830th Oct 2018 7:27 pm
caravangler

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hiya fellas, sorry to hijack this thread, but you guys seem to know a thing or two!

I have owned a MY2010 D4 3.0L TDV6 HSE AUTO now for 9 months and have had just a few niggles, which I have mostly sorted. This is my first LR. Rolling Eyes

I noticed immediately on my journey home In February’s beast from the east, that the heater wasn’t getting very hot. Warm at a push. But as i was new to the car, I thought I maybe needed to read the manual.
I soon realised that this was not normal and intended to get it sorted but over the coming weeks/months, other, more serious problems arose and I had to get them sorted fast. (Bought privately and seller wasn’t very graceful when I told him about the results of guy salmons health check days later) so didn’t even bother to contact him after a bill of £2k
Anyway, I digress...

I deduced over time that the passenger side blows completely cold air, even on full temp, regardless of direction of heating. Drivers side blows only warm and so the only way I could kinda heat the cabin was to have the face fans on, with passenger vents closed.
Fast forward to now and as the cold weather is creeping in, the heater is being required again.
Today, using the heater for the first time in a while, i find it has become worse. Only the middle drivers side vent will blow warm air, right hand of the steering wheel vent is now also blowing cold.

I know heater issues have been covered. And I know from reading this post, that my problem is probably different to yours. Well, I guess at one point it was the same but has now worsened.

What I don’t want to do is take it in, to be told it’s this, that or the other. Only to keep paying for various fixes that don’t resolve the issue. Especially considering there is a known widespread problem.

I love the car, I really do. Best car I have had but the problems with it. Crying or Very sad
I just put it down to age, I suppose Im lucky and could have had worse problems though.
Good job I do love it hey!

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance!

Post #199653530th Oct 2018 8:05 pm
caravangler

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I’ve trawled through all the topics and couldn’t find anything that would help me. Posted a new topic but have had no reply’s.

Post #199653630th Oct 2018 8:07 pm
philm

England 

Gary_P wrote:
Hi Paul et al

I would be interested in an approach to watchdog, but from a person perspective, I had my heating 'fixed' in the summer and only now the outside temp has cooled down get a chance to test out that fix. So I would like to do this first and report back. (Don't hold out too much hope, for obvious reasons...)

I think the idea of using the IID to see if there is a common issue with the sensor is a good one that might provide a lead. Be good to get further reports.

Philm, when you say yours is the same, do you mean it is ready 520 degrees C like Peteyd?
Cheers

Yes, reading 520 deg.
 L633 Defender
Range Rover Velar-gone
Gap IID Tool 

Post #19974633rd Nov 2018 9:54 am
Armpit

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto ArubaDiscovery 4

The temperature feels better with the humidity sensor disconnected - I really need the outside temp to drop a bit again as it's been relatively mild this last week.

I have noticed though that I don't get the same volume of air to the windscreen vents and you can manually close the face vents, so for the last week I have been happy in auto mode on climate with temp set at 20 / 21 deg.

Will update after next cold spell when I will be out for a night drive to test..........I may even then buy a new humidity sensor to see what happens - unfortunately I don't have a IID tool to look at sensor readings.

Cheers - Paul

Post #19986767th Nov 2018 8:48 pm
philm

England 

I have had mine disconnected, even put another one in, it made no difference.
 L633 Defender
Range Rover Velar-gone
Gap IID Tool 

Post #19986777th Nov 2018 8:51 pm
Armpit

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto ArubaDiscovery 4

Shattered my hopes now !

Watchdog it may be then.........

Post #19986807th Nov 2018 9:02 pm
Saense

United Kingdom 

Left work the other night, Hit the Max button as the car was iced up , about 2-3 degrees outside temp showing. Warms up after about 10 minutes and i turn it off, just running on "Auto" now at 24 degrees set. Heat is blowing out very hot so turn it down to 22 , still warm.

Today , 7-8 degrees, and Heating set on 24 auto again, and it blows out cool air

I've accepted that Auto doesn't work and it'll do whatever it bloody well likes Laughing

Post #19991979th Nov 2018 8:44 pm
Somerset Bumpkin

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

So apparently the blowers just do whatever they were doing when you switched it off last, ie. when the engine was warm. Hence the cold air in the mornings.

Post #19992119th Nov 2018 10:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 12 of 15 <123 ... 1112 131415>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >