Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Hello!!! Advice on buying a D4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Crabby21

Hello!!! Advice on buying a D4

Morning all,

Just joined the forum as soon in the market for a D4. I have seen a 2014 HSE lux up for just under £22K and quite tempted by it. The car had only had one owner and is just around 60,000 so sounds like the car is priced a bit low to me

I am hoping to try and see it either this evening or tomorrow so is there any advice as to what I should be looking out for.

Looking forward to reading through the forum when I have some more time on my hands Laughing

Cheers

Thumbs Up

Post #208349713th Sep 2019 7:51 am
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome Crabby21

You need to check full service history, preferably backed up with invoices.

Is the car for sale privately at this price, or through a dealer? If the latter what warranty is offered?

Good luck - keep us posted.

NJSS
 Am I Gammon or Woke ? - I neither know nor care.

2016 Discovery 4 Landmark
2011 Mercedes Benz SL350 (R230)
1973 MG B GT V8 - 3.9L John Eales engine, 5 speed R380 gearbox, since 1975.
1959 MGA roadster - 1.9L Peter Burgess Engine - 5 speed gearbox
Past LRs - Multiple FFRs, Discos & a Series I - some petrol, some diesel,
none Electric or H2 fuel cell - yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t. 

Post #208349813th Sep 2019 7:55 am
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Put the vehicle "through its paces" and by that, I mean press every button going.

Windows, mirrors, suspension height, low-range gearbox selector, lights, washers, infotainment......

You see a lot of people go to buy a car, love the colour, kick the tyres and then pay up.

Get stuck in - if it is a private sale these will all be costs for you if you find them 'broken' the following day.

Good luck Thumbs Up
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #208351013th Sep 2019 8:47 am
RogB

United Kingdom 

^^^^^^^
thats exactly what i did, the dealer (SW Car Supermarket in P'boro) was very good and left me with the keys for about 30 minute to look over it, just asked me not to drive it as i wasnt insured whilst on the premises.
pressed every single button several times over, opened every door, bonnet, boot, folded the seats up/down, got underneath.

it did actually pay dividends as the D4 was in very good condition......... until the LR dealer got their hands on it for services and belts and ive now not seen it for over a week. They broke a bolt apparently and have had to strip it down to rectify. Big Cry

Post #208351313th Sep 2019 9:16 am
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

You couldn't make it up............ God bless the LR Dealers Rolling Eyes
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #208351513th Sep 2019 9:18 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >