Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Help needed - Land Rover Assist Complaint - Follow-up 30 May
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
Help needed - Land Rover Assist Complaint - Follow-up 30 May

I have avoided posting on this subject, as I like to give companies time to sort things out, before 'outting' them on the web. However, this has gone on since Feb, with no luck so far. Having sought 'free' legal advice what I am asking for is 'fair and reasonable'. If I am forced to go legal, then I will have to recover those costs too. That does not sound great to me.

Any advice? (Sorry about the long post!)

Copy below:

Ms Sarah Wood
Quality Standards Executive
Land Rover Assistance
(Mondial Assistance UK)
PO Box 1182
Croydon
CR9 1JB

Your Ref: QS/1428-06

Annex A: Copy of original complaint
Dear Ms Wood

FORMAL COMPLAINT – BREAKDOWN OF LR DISCOVERY – 20 FEB 06

Edit: Case closed so details removed. Smile

Last edited by Robbie on 24th Jan 2011 7:48 pm. Edited 3 times in total 
Post #561953rd May 2006 11:06 am
k1w1

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I'm no letter-writing expert, but I think you need to tell them exactly the amount you want (reasons already given), the date by when it must be paid - allow a billing cycle and a half (6 weeks, say). Also tell them that if not paid by then you will take them to the Small Claims Court (which is free, btw). There are numerous websites devoted to the procedure. Talk about approaching the motoring media too, if you think they are being obnoxious.

Often it comes down to"I want this, by then, or else". A company like LR won't want to appear in Small Claims. It'd cost more than £150 taking the time to send someone to represent them.

Post #562173rd May 2006 2:00 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Nicely crafted letters there Robbie. The secret in all this is 'persistence' - Keep the pressure on and don't let go until you are offered what you deem to be acceptable. Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #562193rd May 2006 2:16 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

I'd echo K1w1's points and add that in the 'pay now or I'll go legal' letter that if the reasonable £158.15 is not forthcoming in the time stated, that you'll be seeking a further amount for the time, effort and expense occasioned in both the breakdown and seeking redress.
I understand that all the forms required for a Small Claim are available on that thar IntarWeb thingy, too.. Very Happy
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #562633rd May 2006 5:14 pm
mwmdisco3

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Breakdown

Robbie

I share the same feeling as you having broken down over the BH weekend on Saturday at 18:45 with a suspension failure. I too limped home to be told that the engineers had 'logged off', but I would be attended in the morning. An engineer arrived 1.5 hours later than stated and unsurprisingly stated that the vehicle need to go to the dealer for a new compressor, but not until Tuesday because of the holiday.

By the time the hire car arrived from Enterprise I had been 'off the road' for 18 hours, and guess what? Yes, it was a small hatchback, thus the 6 of us and dog had to cancel our day out. Enterprise promised an upgrade to MPV or similar on Tuesday (two days later), but on arrival at the depot we were told that LRA will only pay for a car up to Mondeo size (5 seats). Really useful when you purcahse a luxury 7-seater! - Enjoy your holiday weekend courtesy of Landrover with our special 5 seat courtesy car - leave the mother inlaw and one of the kids at home! Nice USP LR.

Parts now not available until Thursday PM at the earliest, thus 6-days off of the road minimum.

It's now 6pm and the customer centre have after four calls still not returned the call.

I'm new to D3, travel abroad with work a great deal and now now why I'm always met by a Land Cruiser.

The best 4x4by far but need to put the customer first.

Good luck. Sad

Post #562763rd May 2006 5:58 pm
Robbie

Thanks for the replies and support. I know it is not the biggest issue on the planet, just miffed that we pay for the service and that they do not seem bothered that they did not do their job. I don't like threatening anyone, but I will not let it go. Looks like the legal route though.

Has anyone here experienced the small claims court?

Post #562773rd May 2006 6:01 pm
Robbie

Well, this is one of those 'follow-up' posts; but first:

Hello Paul and all those at T H White Land Rover, Swindon! (I suppose I have been formally ‘outted’ by the dealer network, Censored !)

It's funny how things work out. It seems that Paul from T H White stumbled on this thread today whilst looking at a BMW forum (this forum was linked due to a question regarding D3s). Having been involved in my complaint earlier this year I think he found it more than a little surprising to find that I could not even garner a response from Land Rover. He enlisted support from his DP and triggered a chain of phone calls and e-mails, from Mondial, LR, LRA and Enterprise Car Rental today. Indeed, the posts from this site ended up on a number of desks today.

Having spent a lovely day out in the D3 with my family I returned home to messages from LR, Enterprise and T H White. I’ve already praised the customer service from both T H White and Enterprise elsewhere on this forum but I gather their co-ordinated response triggered a success today. Apparently I will be compensated for my direct losses earlier this year (but no extra sweetener for the time and hassle since the complaint.)

It’s kind of strange that a simple thread on an internet forum produced a response from Land Rover, where 5 letters and numerous e-mails have barely prompted any action at all. I had not mentioned the D3 forum to any of the addressees, in fact I made an effort not to broadcast the issue to the web until everyone had had ample opportunity to respond and not until all other avenues had been explored.

It also shows the stark contrast in customer service between Land Rover and all the other bit-part players in this minor saga. Indeed, Enterprise led off with an instant apology, a nominated POC (a nice chap who kept in regular contact, despite me dropping off the horizon with an unexpected stint in hospital) to deal with the complaint and an offer of compensation, before worrying about the niceties of who was to blame! (In my humble opinion I think Enterprise did all they could, given the lack of timely information from LRA – as such I think it was only right for me to turn down their kind offer of compensation.)

Still, I give thanks to the Forum, the gang at T H White (that’s mainly you again Paul) and Enterprise Rental (Pat S.). I am please that this looks like being resolved. I hope that Land Rover and Land Rover Assist take a good hard look at the damage that can be done to the mark – for the want of a retuned phone call, or perhaps responding to someone who has taken time to write a letter.

Regards to all,

Rob

Post #6119030th May 2006 7:14 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Interesting...

For me it took a direct letter to the CEO of L.R France to have a solution to a battery problem...

There is a system, in France, where you can adress a letter to someone and be sure that he/she will be the only one to get it...

The fact that I pointed out the stupidity of them paying more per day in rental costs than the cost of a new battery was, probably helped a lot ! Whistle Laughing
 Georgia On My Mind...  
Post #6119130th May 2006 7:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >