DISCO4.COM > General

Your Help With Colours - Please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Husky

Australia 
Your Help With Colours - Please

Hi Guys,
I would really appreciate your help if possible. I need to see atleast a picture of a 'Rimini Red' & 'Zermatt Silver' Disco 3 before confirming our order. It just seems too big of a decision without seeing the actual vehicle. Google has not been my friend for the first time Shocked

Unfortunately all we have to go on so far is the online colour sampler and some pictures of a RRS in Rimini Red. Since production of these colours in the Disco 3 have only recently commenced I was wondering if any of you who are more local may be able to secure a couple of pics. It will take 3 months even after production before we will ge to see the new colours here in Australia. I would be eternally grateful for any help you can give as the wait time for the vehicle is already toooooooo long.

Looks like in this case we really are 'down under' Smile

Post #417929th Feb 2006 8:16 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I could not take a picture, but I passed a Rimini Red D3 on the M6 today. It certainly stood out from the crowd. The black plastic bits contrasted nicely.

Post #417959th Feb 2006 8:25 pm
Husky

Australia 

Thanks Gareth that was a quick reply - 9 minutes since my post and you managed to see one and post your reply Laughing

Your 100% right about the contrasting black on the vehicle and I also like the fact that there would not be a lot around in this colour. Well not for a while anyway even if it is popular. Where we live in Australia I have only seen two Disco 3 vehicles on road in total so I should be safe with the only red one in town Smile

Thanks again..........

Post #417989th Feb 2006 8:39 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Youv'e seen two! and the chances are they were both Silver?

Post #418309th Feb 2006 11:19 pm
Husky

Australia 

Yep both were silver and the only other colours we have seen are sitting in the dealers yard which are arctic frost and a dark green colour. You just can't tell what a car will look like from the little dealer sample swatches.

Atleast with Zermatt Silver we can see it is only a shade darker than the zambezi it replaces when using the dealer colour samples.

Post #418329th Feb 2006 11:49 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Here you go I think this will be the colour of my next one 8)
This photo was taken on my phone a nokia 6230i and does not do the metalic paint justice.
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #4192710th Feb 2006 7:41 pm
Husky

Australia 

Thanks so much for the picture it is great to finally see one Very Happy

After posting yesterday I spent another hour googling and ended up finding a very small dealer photo of a Rimini Red Disco 3. I have placed it in my gallery and would appreciate your opinion as to whether it does capture the 'look'. It really looks fantastic in the small pic I found but I don't know if its accurate.

Thanks again..........

Post #4193010th Feb 2006 8:37 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Husky wrote:
Thanks so much for the picture it is great to finally see one Very Happy

After posting yesterday I spent another hour googling and ended up finding a very small dealer photo of a Rimini Red Disco 3. I have placed it in my gallery and would appreciate your opinion as to whether it does capture the 'look'. It really looks fantastic in the small pic I found but I don't know if its accurate.

Thanks again..........

I drove towards my dealer today to get some parts. All the new cars were parked outside. This one really stood out 8) , so much so that I had to take a closer look. The metallic paint is gorgeous. In this picture it does look flat Mad . When my (never been 4x4ing Rolling Eyes ) D3 needs to be replaced I will replace it with this colour.
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #4193710th Feb 2006 9:22 pm
Husky

Australia 

Since the RRS in Rimini Red was released well before the D3 in Rimini Red I am going to ring around the dealers within a 3 hr drive of here. If I find a dealer with a RRS in Rimini we will go and take a look then confirm our D3 order with our dealer. Its just that bit harder here in Australia becasue of the 3-4month time warp on new vehicles and colours.

Post #4194510th Feb 2006 10:36 pm
Husky

Australia 

Dealer went through their database and there are only 15 RRS at dealerships in Australia and none are Rimini Red Exclamation

I now have 5 pictures of Rimini Red Land Rovers in my gallery that vary a lot. If anybody who has actually seen one in real life can take a look and tell me which one captures the colour the best it would be appreciated.

After that we will take a vote, flip a coin and hope for the best Smile

Post #4201211th Feb 2006 8:56 pm
dazzpowder

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

If it helps I drove past one and it really caught my eye the contrast with the black looked great. Silver has just as nice a contrast but the red reaaly looks suited to the car, I feel that dark colours such as black don't look that good due to there being too much metal and lack of curves. I'm quite conservative when choosing a colour but would probably go for the red having seen it.

Post #4201311th Feb 2006 9:10 pm
Husky

Australia 

Thanks for the feedback Smile

Must say the few comments I have heard so far have been positive which is a good sign.

I have managed to find a dealer in the UK who is willing to take a few pictures of a Rimini Red demo car thay have in stock. Hope this comes through as it would be a great help.

Post #4202111th Feb 2006 11:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >