DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Highways Agency..........
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
npinks

United Kingdom 

DaveVX wrote:
why npinks???

dont make a bland statement without some facts.

sitting in a bright yellow car with lights on top on a perch which say police vehicles only basically

I have no problem with what you do except that

Post #51836310th Sep 2009 4:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

HA7225 wrote:
npinks wrote:
Happens all the time here

That'll be me then. Also to be found on the north side of the A64 overbridge if anyone wants to stop and say hello Thumbs Up

npinks wrote:
they should be done for impersonating(sp?) a police officer Evil or Very Mad

Funnily enough, you've met a HATO before and didn't have a problem talking to him, so have you had a run in with us since your Freelander got keyed a few years ago?

I know i have met you and your a nice guy and I had no run in with any HATO before, i suppose it all down to them parking in what I thought was places for Police only, think this has been covered in your answers why you can park there, which have change my perspective from now on I suppose.

Thumbs Up

Post #51836910th Sep 2009 5:10 pm
soundsolutions

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Gareth,

Now that you've rattled a lot of cages, heres another iron in he fire.
Although I agree with the M6 problem, I can name a few other plases which I think are worse, however, here's the official verdict!

QUOTE:

The 2009 EuroRAP Results show that the 6.5km stretch of the A675 between Higher Walton and the M65 (J3) is Britain 's most dangerous road, with more than half of all fatal and serious collisions occurring at junctions.

Its a large file so takes awhile to load, Or mine did, think page 8 is the one to look at!
(M6 is coded GREEN!!) Rolling Eyes

http://www.eurorap.org/library/pdfs/200906...%20Web.pdf
 The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.  
Post #51837810th Sep 2009 5:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco3newbie

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Haven't read all the replies but my 1/2p's worth since I spend my life driving up and down along the north south lode lines.

No problems where the HA park or the fact that they drive just below the legal speed limit (or seem to ) on motorways. Issue is with the numpties who drive without due regard for other road users or the conditions. Always wary of those that sit in an outer lane when inner lane is clear, not because of where they are but because I reakon they have f Censored all idea of whats going on around them.

Best 'fun' is coming out of Scotland following (at an appropriate distance) 4 white shirts in an unmarked beemer or similar 'making good progress' down the A68. Then watching as the numpty tailgating you goespast at an inappropriate speed and place and flies past the 'shirts' before suddenly realising that it's not a rep-mobile!!!!.

if you want to get there on time.......leave earlier Thumbs Up
 Club RLD spare wheel protection
Club RLD skid plate
Club its all black
Club D3 - it's gone
Club D4 - just arrived and still all black 

Post #51838710th Sep 2009 5:47 pm
SN

soundsolutions wrote:
http://www.eurorap.org/library/pdfs/20090624_RSF_report_LOW_RES%20for%20Web.pdf
Not surprising to see that two local 'men from the boys' roads are still taking casualties regularly - Cat & Fiddle and Long Hill out of Buxton Neutral

And if you read the figures properly (i.e include Motorbikes) the Cat and Fiddle is easily the most dangerous road (as compared to the Walton one)
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)  

Last edited by SN on 10th Sep 2009 6:10 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #51839710th Sep 2009 6:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Pretty sure they are employed with the sole intention of slowing up the whole road network. Very Happy
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #51839910th Sep 2009 6:09 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Whatever you think, it can't be pleasant for the HA to attend injury accidents on the motorway regulary. It is actually quite a responsibility as your actions could cause furhter accidents, so whatever you think about them it isn't an easy job.

If I have to be critical it's the fact the matrix signs are often left on for too long after the incident had cleared. I would say it's almost 50:50 now whether they are on for a reason and this makes people less likely to take notice of the warnings. This was also the case before the HA took over though.

Anyway the roads do not belong to the HA you are merely employed by us to run them Whistle , I have a disc on my car to show I PAID for them Rolling with laughter .

Last edited by countrywide on 10th Sep 2009 6:44 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #51840510th Sep 2009 6:32 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

The whole design of the HATO and VOSA fleet is carefully contrived to make it appear to the 'Dunce' drivers that a police vehicle is present and slow them down ...once you are fully tuned into this deception you can stun the 'dunces' by driving past the said vehicle as fast as humanly possible Rolling with laughter Because there's feck all they can do about it Thumbs Up

I am firmly of a view that one of the main reasons we have such poor driving on the roads today is that their are hardly any traffic cops left to pull you over and give you a right rollocking and relevant penalties when you have been driving like a cock. Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #51841010th Sep 2009 6:42 pm
HA7225

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

npinks wrote:
I know i have met you and your a nice guy and I had no run in with any HATO before...

Glad to hear it. I don't need to hunt down a colleague for upsetting part of the DW community now Thumbs Up

Disco3newbie wrote:
Issue is with the numpties who drive without due regard for other road users or the conditions. Always wary of those that sit in an outer lane when inner lane is clear, not because of where they are but because I reakon they have f Censored all idea of whats going on around them.

Middle lane hoggers do my head in - but until i'm allowed to nudge them back into a nice empty lane one, there's not much I can do about it. But when I do, we'll finally have a good use for the Mitsi Shogun Twisted Evil Thumbs Up

J@mes wrote:
Pretty sure they are employed with the sole intention of slowing up the whole road network. Very Happy

Only on a monday morning or when we're absolutely positively certain that you're late for a meeting. Then, my friend, you become my plaything Mr. Green

countrywide wrote:
If I have to be critical it's the fact the matrix signs are often left on for too long after the incident had cleared. I would say it's almost 50:50 now whether they are on for a reason and this makes people less likely to take notice of the warnings. This was also the case before the HA took over though.

This is a bit of an issue in my region too - but I can promise you that as soon as it's appropriate/safe etc to clear the signs, they *are* cleared, even if it means me being sent up to Wetherby when I'm trying to have a brew in Castleford to check that it's stopped raining enough to bin off the SPRAY - SLOW DOWN signs. The system is also set on a delay so even after the signs have been cleared, there's a minute or two to allow traffic to filter through and get the message that the incident is cleared before they switch off.

The alternative is the automated warnings generated when traffic slows down and there's the danger of a shunt in the tailback - these can generate a false alarm if it's an abload going over them, but it's better to have the warning their than not IMHO. Thumbs Up

DG wrote:
The whole design of the HATO and VOSA fleet is carefully contrived to make it appear to the 'Dunce' drivers that a police vehicle is present and slow them down...

Hehe! Heard this more than once, but i'll quote the party line that the batternberg and other markings is designed to give maximum conspicuity

DG wrote:
I am firmly of a view that one of the main reasons we have such poor driving on the roads today is that their are hardly any traffic cops left to pull you over and give you a right rollocking and relevant penalties when you have been driving like a cock. Wink

Agreed! Thumbs Up

Post #51844610th Sep 2009 8:00 pm
DiscoStu

England 

HA7225 wrote:
Only on a monday morning or when we're absolutely positively certain that you're late for a meeting. Then, my friend, you become my plaything Mr. Green

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Also agree with DG Rolling Eyes I love it when all the numpties pull over into the middle lane leaving room for me to shoot past Mr. Green At 70, obviously Thumbs Up
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #51846110th Sep 2009 8:22 pm
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I dont fall for it, I know what the police use in my area and it isn't discos or shoguns!!

Wink
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #51846510th Sep 2009 8:28 pm
Ken

DiscoStu wrote:

Also agree with DG Rolling Eyes I love it when all the numpties pull over into the middle lane leaving room for me to shoot past Mr. Green At 70, obviously Thumbs Up

Yes Mister White D3 Whistle

Post #51846910th Sep 2009 8:32 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Wink
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #51847210th Sep 2009 8:33 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

J@mes wrote:
I dont fall for it, I know what the police use in my area and it isn't discos or shoguns!!

Wink

Be careful on the M6, M60, M62 as there are a fair few unmarked police, in BMW, Volvo, Skoda and other inconspicuous saloons, also seen various colours too.

Post #51856110th Sep 2009 10:52 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Ken wrote:

Yes Mister Ken's Old White D3 Whistle

Shocked
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #51856710th Sep 2009 10:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >