Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Highways Agency..........
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
jkp

Scotland 

HA vehicles always scare the bejesus out of me, as you only usually get a glimpse of them, and being from Jockland where this rare breed of traffic management does not exist does not help.

It usually takes a few before I get used to them.. Whistle or the mrs shouting...."it's no the bloody polis!"

Post #51860411th Sep 2009 12:09 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DaveVX

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

to put things in perspective our guys were first at scence with this. Actually a couple of mins after they got the call.

We deal with this sort of thing on a daily basis. They were able to deal with the incident professionally and with the min' of fuss.

Minutes can save lives, its all about been placed in the right location (luck plays a big part)

Taken from local newspaper

link to website article >> http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Drive...5634115.jp

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #51865011th Sep 2009 8:15 am
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Ours accounts lady saw that accident on the way to work, she was amazed when she read in the paper that everybody was OK Thumbs Up

Post #51866111th Sep 2009 8:27 am
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Hasn't the whole problem of drivers over reacting (hitting brakes etc) when catching sight of what they think might be a Police car, been caused by the Police themselves? We now have a driving culture in this country which persuades us that speed is the number one cause of accidents (debatable) while collecting the fines as useful tax revenue. Through poor policy-making and ignorant policing, we now have a system which rewards those who stare at their speedo's all day instead of correctly observing road conditions. Many people believe they are driving safely when within the speed limit and assume those that break it are automatically driving dangerously. This is clearly not necessarily the case.

Speed has become the number one distraction for most drivers and the fact that many overreact when seeing a painted "tax collector" is now inevitable. Sitting an HA vehicle in a prominent position on a packed motorway is very likely to cause an accident, but it's not the HA's fault - it's the mad and fraudulent policy which has got us to this position. (The one that ignores human nature!!!)

[/rant]
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #51870811th Sep 2009 9:39 am
Popelka

Czech Republic 

if your sat at approx of the legal speed limit (+/-) then there should be no problems.

I know from about 10yrs ago I was making too much headway on a motorway and a marked (yes marked and I didnt see them Shocked ) car eventually pulled me up and they stated that they followed more for some time as the understand some drivers will speed up and slow down so they give drivers a chance (until you go too much over Embarassed Embarassed )
now I have a good idea of my speeds according to vehicle sound and feel so dont hit brakes (dont need to) but may ease of the right foot a little Very Happy
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #51874511th Sep 2009 10:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hassle

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

When I drive I try to remember that amongst those vehicles patrolling the road collecting taxes for our government there are some nice officers who have a modicum of common sense, they are there to provide protection and prevention of accidents or incidents to other drivers of course they are in the minority. But sometimes you do meet them. Bow down

Post #51880511th Sep 2009 1:58 pm
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

True Thumbs Up
(just a shame the others ruin the reputation for everyone!)
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #51882511th Sep 2009 3:07 pm
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Gareth wrote:
J@mes wrote:
I dont fall for it, I know what the police use in my area and it isn't discos or shoguns!!

Wink

Be careful on the M6, M60, M62 as there are a fair few unmarked police, in BMW, Volvo, Skoda and other inconspicuous saloons, also seen various colours too.

Spend all my time on the A1 and know most of the undercover cars on there - including a golf/bora pair that seem to work together, as well as the EJ06 registered blue 3 series BM, various octavia's and omegas too.

3 BMW 5 series tourings too, silver, blue and red all three with dog guards and extra mirrors/ strobes in the bumpers.

Last one I got pulled over by was a marked octavia at night - he even let me off with 85 in a 50 Bow down
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #51889511th Sep 2009 5:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >