Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Howto: Dr Tranny
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
RJPeaker

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Worked brilliantly for me!

After suffering with judder and oscillating revs for 2-3 months, and finally having to nurse the D3 round the Picos de Europas last week using manual - I stuck 2 tubes in today. Totally cured it for now Very Happy

I used the ATF cooler method, taking the top hose off the cooler tank and then flowing the tubes into the cooler, not the hose.

BTW - B&Q sell clear 12.5 mm tubing at just short of £3 a metre - perfect for pushing onto the tank connector.

Post #169103011th Aug 2016 4:21 pm
MrSmith

Latvia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

I used rear up method with some 20% slope and used transmission oil filing place. Even 20% slope is not enough not to have the engine running :oily hands:
Juderring gone with 1 dr tranny

Post #169619825th Aug 2016 7:33 pm
bsm

Belgium 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

@MrSmith, let us know how long it lasts, I have the experience that 1 tube only works for a very short time... Confused
My advice is to put in 2 tubes.
 2017-...: Disco II Td5 auto, 1999, BAS remap, HD TC and auto box Ashcroft, Allisport IC, ACE, 2" lift only coils, BF goodrich KM2 265/70R17, FF front and rear bumper, TF steering guard and tree sliders, nanocom.
2013-2017: Disco 3 TDV6 HSE aut. of 2008, Britpart treesliders, IIDTool, RLD sump guard, BFG KM2 265/70R17, adj. rods, BAS remap + EGRs blanked, silicon IC hoses.
2010-2013: Disco II Td5 of 2000, ACE, front Bearmach HD coils, rear SLS, GG AT2

Post #169627025th Aug 2016 9:48 pm
MrSmith

My observation about the common thinking when I read the old posts about dr tranny in this forum was that 1 should be enough when deciding to use 1 or 2. 1 week and 500 miles later still all fine, but I will update if juderring reappears within some short period of time.

Post #169634126th Aug 2016 4:57 am
mozg31337

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi

Should I use dr tranny even after doing the gearbox flush with a proper equipment? I am currently at 60K and plan to have the gearbox flush done asap, if only Geoff would answer my PM. Not sure if he is still doing the flushes and/or still has the machine.

Geoff, if you are about and still do the gearbox flush, please PM me as i've sent you two PMs already and no response yet.

Cheers

Post #17019106th Sep 2016 8:38 pm
Dia.mond

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

bsm wrote:
bsm wrote:
dub01s wrote:
Do it at the cooler but not the hose. I assume the hose has a valve in it that stops/slows the fluid flowing back down the hose. No such problem with the cooler itself. Take the hose off the cooler keep it raised get a small piece of spare hose on the cooler pipe and add dr.t straight to the cooler. Goes straight in as quick as you can empty the tube. Put the cooler hose back. Job done. 2 minutes!

Nice, going to try this method for the 2nd tube sometime in the coming weeks.

Tried the methode as described and indeed, THIS IS THE EASIEST METHOD TO ADD DR TRANNY !!
Once you found a tube that fits it is just a 2 minute job, no jacking, not getting under the car, just one flat screwdriver and a tube, job done! Very Happy
I've used Dr Tranny before but still surprised after adding it! It really does what the package says: Instant shudder fix. Bow down

After a disastrous attempt at the filler plug under the car (it was up on one side, but not running ... so a bit of a mess ...) I used this method - why hadn't I read through all the posts? - 5 minutes, quick and easy. I still intend to have mega-flush done; there was no rev fluctuation, but a distinct judder uphill which has vanished since adding the Dr Tranny.

Thanks to all ... just wish I'd read on earlier. Technical mastermind to Frank Spencer in one turn of the alun key!

Post #196326314th Jul 2018 10:13 am
snoz78

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi first post on here. First time discovery owner bought June this year. This forum has been a great help so far.
After 2 weeks of ownership I experienced the judder from the TC and from reading the thread used Dr Tranny and have to say it’s worked great. No more judder.

I added at the box. Spoke to the local Indy and the advised when adding have engine running and headlights on to load the electrics as it helps stop the fluid coming out. Not sure if he was having me on but it worked as no fluid came out.

Post #196477118th Jul 2018 12:02 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Manual says to have air con on for level check so not a complete wind up

Post #196494318th Jul 2018 7:43 pm
Map503

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi all,

Did mine the other day, put it in to the oil cooler, whole job took 15 minutes max - No more shudder :D :D :D
 Now gone - D3 Zambezi silver. Smoked / limo windows, various LEDs, DVD in headrest screens. Side steps, GG AT's, software and Bluetooth upgrades by Bodsy.  
Post #196494718th Jul 2018 7:58 pm
MrSmith

bsm wrote:
@MrSmith, let us know how long it lasts, I have the experience that 1 tube only works for a very short time... Confused
My advice is to put in 2 tubes.

2 years and about 35k miles later I would say that I start to experience the first signs that I may need to use the second tube now.

Post #198765929th Sep 2018 8:36 pm
boofon

knuddy74 wrote:
Put a tube in mine today...instantly improved judder and rev fluctuations, drives lots nicer. Thumbs Up

Same. Used a fish tank gravel cleaner hose. Sucked out about 80ml. Added Dr Tranny direct into hose. Topped up with fluid sucked out and reconnected hose.

Instant improvement. Took no more than five minutes.

Brilliant.

Post #206284321st Jun 2019 1:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >