Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

HTC contacts to D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

disco_fever wrote:
By the way. I too find the HTC Diamond a pain to use. Battery life IMO is not too bad. I charge it every night, but have known it go two full days between charges with moderate useage. But, it is very fiddly to use, is not too easily customised to your own tastes and is slow to react to changes on the TouchFlo interface. There's a resonable chance I will change it in the next few months.

I would chap... get a decent phone.

And it would be an idea to seek a good dealer and have the PTI checked for its version and then you can see what phones should work. There is a list on the LR website based on VIN number. May help Thumbs Up

And phone or SIM memory works in my experience.

Post #34882923rd Sep 2008 10:06 pm
COMCLOVIN

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

There is a bluetooth software update for older D3 models, which allows the address book (contacts) to show up on the head unit for scrolling etc. If it appears your module isn't allowing address book lookups etc, ask the dealer about the software version. I had to pay for the upgrade, was for one hour of shop time.

Post #34893223rd Sep 2008 11:42 pm
cdodkin

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

simon - interestingly, if I hit the MENU/Address Book buttons in BT Phone mode when my phone has initially connected via BT (i.e. can make/receive calls using the Landy) - but before the head-unit has 'uploaded' the contacts - it says MEMORY EMPTY.

Suggesting that it has memory, and that it loads something into it....

I'm just sayin' Whistle
 08 LR3 SE V8 - 02 D2 SE7 V8
Porsche 911 (03 996) - 2013 MINI Cooper S 

Post #34893724th Sep 2008 12:09 am
Popelka

Czech Republic 

I have the 'parrot' BT installed and its function just seems to be hands free interface with the phone (Nokia 6310i in this case) however these no delay or uploads all the work is done on the phone including voice commands. even map 5 mobiles to head unit (although only 1 in use at any given time)
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #34895924th Sep 2008 6:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CFB

United Kingdom 

CFB wrote:
Press the phone button on the audio unit then turn the scroll wheel, goes into contact list. As mentioned you can use the alpha-numeric keys on the radio to jump to the relevant letter.

Only know this as my 56 'HSE had the new 08MY Bluetooth module installed today, prior to this it would not synch the contacts with my smart-phone even after a supposed software upgrade.

disco_fever You seem to have ignored my post which probably explains the problem you are having.

Rather than moan about a bit of leg pulling banter why don't you acknowledge the post that actually explains the issue Rolling Eyes
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #34898424th Sep 2008 8:27 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
disco_fever

England 

10forcash, your profile makes intersting reading. Based on your above comments it's very factual.

Appreciate all the help guys. Despite all the insistance, mine DOES NOT work. Stealer has tried with no luck. So, new phone it is, but not because it fails to show the contact list, the HTC Diamond is not the great toy I hoped for and I will be looking at a Samsung Tocco tomorrow.

Post #34919324th Sep 2008 6:28 pm
huskerdu

2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hy,
I have the same problem with my new MY09, the BT works fine with conversations,
but if I try to access the contacts, the display shows "Memory empty", and also with dialed, missed calls, etc.
I have a Nokia E65.
Any suggestion?

Thanks

PS I've already tried to change BT settings of the phone, but nothing happened.

Arvz

Post #35936713th Oct 2008 8:38 pm
huskerdu

2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I verified on LR site the compatibility list for Nokia E65 and orher models:
phone book e calls are not available.

If I want this function I have to buy a new phone...

Bye

Post #35971214th Oct 2008 4:03 pm
discoBizz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Had the Disco for a while now, and getting to know the gadgets a bit... here's what I found:

my 57 plate HSE will connect via BT fine to HTC Touch Cruise, BBRY 8310, SE P990 and Nokia N95. Phonebook is to a degree available from all, but rather messed up on the HTC (sort is a mess)

functions such as call register are only available on the BBRY and N95

yet to try phone stored voice tags, will revert on this one. True however, there is a built in storage medium to add contacts and voicetags irrespective of phone connected

each connection does indeed "upload" temporarily the phonebook to the D3's phone storage (if you can call it that)

in the end (poking around a bit) it appears it all has to do with the BT stack each phone has and its compatibility to the D3's "headset" profile (Windows Mobile seems to be the worst - HTC)

quoting the manual from the GTR:
"Bluetooth does not enable the user to access
the Phone book stored on the Phone handset or
SIM card. It only enables access to the phone
numbers stored against name tags in the Voice
Recognition system.
Note: If the phone book is selected when the
phone is connected via Bluetooth, Memory
Empty will be displayed for approximately 30
seconds."

People may also want to check compatibility on http://www.landrover.co.uk/gb/en/ownership...tivity.htm though this is slightly contradicting the statement above.

Hope this helps Confused

Post #3686324th Nov 2008 7:27 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >