DISCO4.COM > General

Should I buy a Disco 3 ??????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

StillThinking... wrote:
Anyone that wouldn't mind a pasenger next time DISCO3.CO.UK organise an off-road day id be very gratefull.
I'm sure we can accomodate that request Lee, what you doing on November 18th?

If you can get to Cobham next tuesday evening come along to the pub meet and have a nosey around some D3s there
 The End  
Post #9340012th Oct 2006 4:28 pm
StillThinking...

United Kingdom 

Thanks slimer, i appreciate that.

I wont be able to make next tuesday as i work in london and by the time i get home and round the M25 into surrey it would be gone 9 at the earliest.

18th November.... sounds good though. Where abouts? Is it an off road event? If so ill bring my Parents Cayenne... see what that can do on the rough stuff!

Sorry if im replicating information from other threads asking about meeting etc, im still searching though the pages of content here.

Post #9340412th Oct 2006 4:34 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

See this thread for the 18th http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic6136.html

Bring the Cayenne if you dare Very Happy
 The End  
Post #9340712th Oct 2006 4:44 pm
StillThinking...

United Kingdom 

thanks slimer, looks like the perfect place to see the D3's in action before taking the plunge and getting my own Disco.

Ill hopefully bring along the hungry hippo (cayenne) aswell, im sure it'll need to be winched out of a few places mind you!

Post #9341112th Oct 2006 4:51 pm
jkp

Scotland 

StillThinking... wrote:
Would my BMW have stones thrown at it though in the car park? Wink

No, just attach a winch to either end and see if we could stretch the 3 series into a 5 series Laughing Wink

Post #9341912th Oct 2006 5:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
StillThinking...

United Kingdom 

Haha!

Just had a nose at your gallery jkp, some very serious cars you've had there, what made you go from cars like that to a discovery????

After owning cars like that, does the D3 really satisfy you? (or is there something in the garage for the weekends?) Wink

Post #9342012th Oct 2006 5:17 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarrevi...arger.html

This was my main car prior to my D3, it was "improved" by further exhaust mods., AP Racing brakes & better mapping of the 2 fuel pumps. Produced 540bhp Very Happy
The D3 is totally different, obviously, but I still really love driving it. It handles very well on the road, much better than you'd think & is a very relaxing vehicle. So much so, that although I initially bought it as a family carry all, It is now my principal car.
I find I'm unable to drive sporty/fast cars without racing around Embarassed but I'm quite happy to waft around in the D3. The "stereo" in the HSE is a revelation to me as well.
If poss. drive a TDV6 with a Turbochip, IMO it's better suited to the D3 than the V8, probably has more torque at lower rpm.

Post #9342612th Oct 2006 5:42 pm
jkp

Scotland 

StillThinking... wrote:
Haha!

Just had a nose at your gallery jkp, some very serious cars you've had there, what made you go from cars like that to a discovery????

After owning cars like that, does the D3 really satisfy you? (or is there something in the garage for the weekends?) Wink

I got cheesed off with twin-plate clutches, ride quality and crap tinny build quality. Defining moment was travelling home from a nightshift, dog tired, crabbit and got Censored off at the all or nothing driving experience.

Plus I'm getting auld.

I've done a fair bit of track work and when you know how to balance a car you can still slide a D3 round corners and provoke the backend out on wet and greasy roads (DSC off) First time you do it, you cack yer pants, but it is fun and you can give most things a fright on twisty B roads.
Or if you cannot be bothered act like the lazy 4x4 driver and cheese off other road users as that is what they expect.

I've toyed with the idea of some bit of exotica for the weekends and may still do that. At the moment I get more of a buzz at 2mph offroad than >100mph on track. Boughrood got my heart pumping the last time I was there. So money more likely to be spent on offroad tyres, protection and possibly a winch if cash flow allows.

Post #9342712th Oct 2006 5:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

LT wrote:
Produced 540bhp Very Happy .

Shocked

Post #9342812th Oct 2006 5:43 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Could have easily made it nearer to 600bhp, the supercharger was running at low psi, but it was a daily drive/business car & 540bhp was just right, 25mpg (tall 6th gear) & totally reliable.

Post #9342912th Oct 2006 5:50 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I heard a rumour you were considering a V8 8) ?

Unfortunately, I am a little biased...but.....before you buy or indeed settle for the V8, take a test drive in a TDV6. Don't dismiss it out of hand. I have had several as loaners and in real world situations its closer than you may think.

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love my V8 and in my opinion it has no drawbacks. You will, however, get the Gold treatment at BP garages and a seat at the next OPEC general meeting. Shocked

Anyway, STOP thinking and just get a D3. Whatever you choose, oil burner or high octane, you'll love it on and off-road.

Thumbs Up
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #9344112th Oct 2006 8:21 pm
NICKNICK

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Went from an 03 BMW 530 sport touring to a Turbochipped TDV6 HSE. Wanted and needed more space.
Love the disco and after the Turbochip the Disco feels like it goes almost as well as the 530 did, obviously the driving experience is different, but not worse.
The easy waves of torque are addictive, however with family in car I do have to slow for roundabouts etc.
On my own (no puke worries) Dico can be thrown round bends at scary speeds.

Post #9345612th Oct 2006 8:52 pm
LR Dealer

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Yes you should!

Being slightly biased; there is no better all rounder available. Please heed the advise of other on here, try the diesel. It will never be as quick as your current car, but that is not really what the car is about...

If you want to try one out, drop me a line. It will change you for the better!

Post #9366513th Oct 2006 2:08 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 
Re: Yes you should!

LR Dealer wrote:
Contact me if you want to buy any New or Approved Used Land Rover.

Welcome Mr. Dealer.....How much of the sales revenue gained here will be donated to disco3.co.uk ??
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #9367313th Oct 2006 2:28 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Can we all have a 48 hour test drive, Nov 18th sounds good. We will be gentle, honest!!!

Post #9367413th Oct 2006 2:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >