Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

When do I get it???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
KJS

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I ordered the 20'' wheels when l ordered the car along with most of the other bits and bobs l wanted - but, most of those apart from a couple were included in my discounted price I already had agreed.

Side steps, that sounds about right, if you wanted to buy them and fit them yourself, it's not too difficult, l would give The Large One (username) on here a call Thumbs Up

Post #75967110th Feb 2011 4:10 pm
Pollski

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Hmmm ...

Yes. I have a feeling that my husband was doing all the chatting whilst I was dealing with the toddler terrors. Typical eh ? Anyway whats done is done. I can't wait for the car now. Getting pretty excited !

Post #75967410th Feb 2011 4:14 pm
KJS

I'm getting excited about mine as well, Steve Allum the guy I'm dealing with has promised to send me some pics when the car arrive Very Happy Will be on here straight away!

Good Luck and i'll keep a look out for you Thumbs Up

Post #75968010th Feb 2011 4:23 pm
RichardB

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Pollski wrote:
Hmmm ...

Yes. I have a feeling that my husband was doing all the chatting whilst I was dealing with the toddler terrors. Typical eh ? Anyway whats done is done. I can't wait for the car now. Getting pretty excited !

Have you tried changing the order with the dealer for the build. May still be time as its some time from being actually built?

Post #75975110th Feb 2011 7:21 pm
Pollski

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Quote:
Have you tried changing the order with the dealer for the build. May still be time as its some time from being actually built?

Hey RichardB,

I would LOVE to change the wheels. That the car isn't in production BUT we are not allowed to change the spec within 6 weeks of delivery ... is this right ? I am really baffled. Thought LR would be happy to take more money off us.

I was told yesterday, rather patronisingly, that for what we are (a family of 4), the extra cost of the alloys would not be worth it .... Evil or Very Mad

We were never EVER told what the limitations were on ordering, when cut off was, what info needed to be given vs. what could be dealt with at the dealers. I asked the Mr Pollski and he said he definitely wasn't told either (I was with the kids, ransacking the Servicing area at the time). I think Mr Pollski might kick a little Censored this afternoon.

Not ONCE have we received a curtesy (sp?) call - I have had to do all the chasing and getting fobbed off and then finding out it's all too late. We are very tempted to drop the deposit and order through another dealer.

Post #75999311th Feb 2011 8:55 am
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

When Mr P is kicking off, it might just be worth seeing if they have anything (new) in the showroom that has your wheels and tyres of choice.

If so, they can pop those on yours and retain the factory fitted ones for the showroom model - pain for them to administer, but Audi did just that for me some long time ago... worth a try!

Fitting steps - sounds about right for a dealer fit but you might be able to haggle them down as it's an internal cost (ie they have the overhead if the fitters are idle so any contribution to labour is useful...) - I'd angle for "we want the steps and the wheels (thereby generating extra sales revenue), how about £100 to fit the lot..."

Good luck!
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #76009211th Feb 2011 3:05 pm
Pollski

UPDATE - RESULT !!!

Well guys, after my last call to Harwoods Tonbridge on Friday, I'm really happy to report that they are going to swap tyres from the demonstrator to our car, which is due around the 10th March !!!

The demonstrator hasn't even arrived yet so I know we will be getting brand new alloys. And the price we pay is list price with a little extra for fitting.

Mr Pollski and I are over the moon. The dealership were mortified to think that we weren't happy and so as a gesture of good will they have agreed to swap them.

So it's a mahosive big h'up to Harwoods Tonbridge and Victoria for bending the rules to make us happy ! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #76195515th Feb 2011 3:11 pm
KJS

Very Happy Good for you Thumbs Up

Post #76197815th Feb 2011 4:19 pm
Pollski

Thanks Smile

So when does yours arrive ? It's hard not to get stupidly over excited Very Happy

Post #76198715th Feb 2011 4:35 pm
KJS

Funny you ask ! Just had a 'phone call to say that it is on route to the dealer today and Steve @ Lookers is going to send me a piccy when its there.

I know what you mean though, have lost count of new cars I have had - but for some reason this one feels very different Very Happy

Post #76200715th Feb 2011 5:27 pm
Pollski

Wicked !

When it arrives, don't forget the pictures !

Post #76202915th Feb 2011 6:37 pm
Pollski

Whoop Whoop !!!

Had the call from Harwoods confirming delivery on Monday. We will be picking up the beast on Friday. Pictures etc. will be posted if I can contain myself enough to take the blimmin' photos !

Just wondering whether we should of ordered the body side mouldings, however we have the fixed side steps instead so hope any useless car park door opening neighbour will prang their door on these rather than our doors ....

Post #76718725th Feb 2011 11:21 pm
choppa60

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Evil or Very Mad on that note i had some prat,rub along the side of my hse ,i have side mouldings,didnt stop it ,now i have steps ,and that will stop that . : Thumbs Up
 2008 ,hse, it does what it says .  
Post #76720125th Feb 2011 11:54 pm
KJS

Thumbs Up Great stuff.

Collecting mine mid-night on Mon, main reason we are off to Cornwall very early on Tues so if there any problems that should find them.

Have some pics in my gallery that the dealer sent me when it arrived last week. Very Happy

Post #76722526th Feb 2011 1:22 am
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Brilliant news... early delivery and one of the first on the road with the new reg!

Waiting on photos... although I confess that I was too busy hooning around in the thing (with big stupid grin) to bother about photos... Embarassed

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #76725526th Feb 2011 8:52 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >