Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

When do I get it???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
srsmithy

United Kingdom 
When do I get it???

Finally got a build date of the 20th March? Razz How reliable are these dates and realistically when do I get to drive it away from the dealer??

Thanks
Thumbs Up
 Simon,
D4 Commercial SDV6, Lux pack ++ ..... 

Post #7559393rd Feb 2011 9:38 am
Ted Newman

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4

We were told back in October that our build date was mid January and it worked we collected our XS on the 20th! Very Happy
 LR Discovery 4 XS pulling an Airstream 532 Caravan also own (since new) a 1996 MGF  
Post #7559413rd Feb 2011 9:41 am
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Simon... you might just be lucky as my build date for the D4 Commercial was originally 23rd Feb and then moved forward to 8th Feb.

I was told yesterday that there is now a serial number for the vehicle (ie it has been physically built by now Very Happy ) and that it is due to the dealers on Tues/Weds next week.

All being well, I should have a nice shiny D4 Commercial on the drive for the end of the week!!!

Hahahahha... not that I'm a post whore, but this was my 100th post.... Laughing Milestone
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #7562583rd Feb 2011 11:08 pm
srsmithy

United Kingdom 

Thanks Ted ...... Thanks LiftedDisco, you've made my day!! I can't wait!!

Enjoy!
 Simon,

Post #7563164th Feb 2011 8:40 am
cte

Wales 

Give you a timeline on mine from last March. Should have been built on a Friday but was built two days earlier on the Weds afternoon/ night. It then took to the following Thursday to get to the dealer who got it ready for us for Friday afternoon delivery.

All the best

Carwyn

Post #7566264th Feb 2011 7:17 pm
Pollski

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4
Yes ... really curious myself ...

We ordered ours mid December, however have heard nothing from the dealership. I popped in last week to drop off our new number plate docs, and I asked when we might hear back. I was told 'don't call us, we'll call you' ... now I don't mind (even though we are parting with over £50k worth of cash Whistle ) but is it a pretty quick case of manufactured on the Monday, you get a call on the Wednesday to say it has been made and then you pick up on the Friday ?

We want 20" wheels and running boards added as well and I was also told by the dealer that they'd take those details nearer the time ...

Can anyone advise ?

Thank you Very Happy

Waiting for a Stornoway Grey HSE

Post #7593069th Feb 2011 9:25 pm
srsmithy

United Kingdom 

Pollski, that doesn't sound right. I ordered mine the end of December and stipulated I needed the car before the end of March or forget the order. I was told delivery wasn't a problem and I would get a build date within a few weeks.

Finally got the date early Feb after some pushing (again stipulated I needed the car before the end of March or I'd cancel the order) .... for the 20th March. Based on the dealer info and others comments here, I should get the car a week after build.

I would push your dealer for the date! Confused
 Simon,

Post #7593189th Feb 2011 9:40 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 
Re: Yes ... really curious myself ...

Pollski wrote:
We ordered ours mid December, however have heard nothing from the dealership. I popped in last week to drop off our new number plate docs, and I asked when we might hear back. I was told 'don't call us, we'll call you' ... now I don't mind (even though we are parting with over £50k worth of cash Whistle ) but is it a pretty quick case of manufactured on the Monday, you get a call on the Wednesday to say it has been made and then you pick up on the Friday ?

We want 20" wheels and running boards added as well and I was also told by the dealer that they'd take those details nearer the time ...

Can anyone advise ?

Thank you Very Happy

Waiting for a Stornoway Grey HSE

which dealer you getting it from Question
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #7593239th Feb 2011 9:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
srsmithy

United Kingdom 

Stratstone - Stourbridge (West Mids) ...... You've got me worried now Confused

Sorry .... just read the quote ..... went into a panic ..... mind you, I do have an excuse, been fettling with my blackvue and now had a drink!!!! Mr. Green
 Simon,

Post #7593259th Feb 2011 9:49 pm
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

@ Pollski...

The dealer should have been allocated a build date as soon as they placed your order and should be able to give you this with some confidence.

To be fair, once they have that build date, there appears to be little that they can to do to influence this with the factory but an approach of 'leave us alone' is not really ideal and I think that you would be perfectly warranted in giving them some grief and getting a build date!

Without this, there's no easy way to assess where you are, particularly if you need to get rid of a current car etc.

It's only weird things like the commercial that are held back for Special Vehicles treatment - standard cars come through fairly quickly and they can sometimes 'spec change' a vehicle that is already in the system in order to get a quicker turnaround on orders.

Go get 'em!
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #7593579th Feb 2011 10:10 pm
Pollski

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4
Thank you for the responses !

Right. Dealers are Harwoods Tonbridge. We wanted an 11 plate, put the deposit down so that we also managed to avoid the 20% VAT.

I even went in around 3 weeks ago telling them that I was umming over the black leather and was told that it was pretty much too late BUT if i told them I wanted to change to almond then I would have to tell them by close of play that day - which fits in nicely with the 6 week schedule (didn't change to almond in the end - toddlers and jeans don't mix, so I've heard).

We have no car to exchange as we have sold it privately which makes life a little easier for us.

Customer service falls a little 'short' to say the least, but I understand this is the norm with LR ...

I will call them tomorrow and report back.

Thanks chaps. Lovely forum btw. Thumbs Up

Post #7593979th Feb 2011 10:45 pm
KJS

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

@ Polski

I tried Harwoods and the guy I spoke to sounds like the chap you are dealing with, it felt that he was doing me a favour talking to me Rolling Eyes Terrible customer service, l was in the market for a D4 HSE - left feeling very unimpressed and no way was l going to spend my money there.

Tried Barretts at ashford where I bought my D3 from, although very good I decided for various reasons to order from Lookers Park Royal - so glad i did, all done in 2 'phone calls and a very good deal was struck.Good comms from them, cars in production now and will be with them for next week and with me on the 1st March, delivery date was my choice. Not all dealers are bad, Guy Salmon, Aylesford are most likely to get my D4 to service as they did my D3 and I was very happy with them. Also my buying experience from LPR has been first class, they seem to go that little bit extra when dealing with you.

Hope you you have better luck when you ring them (Harwoods) again.

Post #75947410th Feb 2011 12:53 am
Pollski

Oh yes, can't remember his name. After popping in and getting his card, I called him trying to arrange a test drive. I called him 3 times and not once did he call me back. In the end we walked in, spoke to another person and the rest is history. We ended up going with Victoria, lovely lady, but my goodness I have never seen anyone so 'busy' in my life.

I always catch her when she is hyper-busy ... yet to call so will give update in next hour or so !

Post #75962710th Feb 2011 2:32 pm
Pollski

Awaiting for info to be called back to me. Was told that they have 60 RR/LRs to be delivered beginning of March ...

Post #75963910th Feb 2011 3:03 pm
Pollski

grrr ...

Right. Good news is that it will be ready approx. 10th March.

Bad news, and so totally cosmetic (I'm such a girl !) is that I wanted the 20" alloys. Thought this could of been done at dealership but no, had to be ordered when the car was ordered .... Big Cry

And we are also requesting side steps but also been told it will take 2 hours (at a price of £200 for installation !). Is this right ?

Can it be done cheaper / differently ?

Bit confused tbh and a little miffed .... Neutral

Post #75966610th Feb 2011 4:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >